Author Topic: I MISS THE REAL TCHATCHO  (Read 541 times)

archos on: January 07, 2024, 12:02

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

Now people call tchatcho anything where you can sense that the rythm guitar is on the same style as the second part of fouta djallon
while the real tchatcho is wider than that just like to the level of artistic intelligence throughout this song from the first to last minute
ahhh lebou what a soloist 

Franco Pepe Kalle #1 on: January 07, 2024, 20:09

• View Profile
This song is so good. Babia's voice was a key behind the beautiful harmony as the whole in that song. I enjoy the Eric, Babia, Modogo and Suzuki combination in this song.

Manzambi94 #2 on: January 07, 2024, 20:58

• View Profile

Now people call tchatcho anything where you can sense that the rythm guitar is on the same style as the second part of fouta djallon
while the real tchatcho is wider than that just like to the level of artistic intelligence throughout this song from the first to last minute
ahhh lebou what a soloist
NGL V12 gotta be one of the best album ever and definitely compete for the top 3 album of the 90s and definitely the number one of 1995, it is sad to see what Koffi has become, I understand being in tune with trend but since this album I don't think anyone will come close to this level of perfection, Fally is super hyped up, but he himself.never made something like this despite everybody saying that Droit Chemin was a masterpiece.

archos #3 on: January 07, 2024, 23:08

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
you take v12 you add loi's sebenes and generiques instead of beevans rappa's parts you have a very very very difficult album to beat

Wenge1995 #4 on: January 08, 2024, 04:05

• View Profile
you take v12 you add loi's sebenes and generiques instead of beevans rappa's parts you have a very very very difficult album to beat

Did Beevan Rappa not have enough time to find cries for V12, because he sounded like he was improvising. His animation was less cohesive, just a bit of cries from Wenge Musica's Pentagone and a lot of belting. I heard he tried his luck at Cultura in the late 90s...

BienMat23 #5 on: January 08, 2024, 15:24

• View Profile
It’s so interesting because this morning I was listening to Koffi - Golden star and really taking in real tcha-tcho. But also last week I was having a conversation talking about how Koffi style influenced rumba and I actually think most peoples rumba these days is actually just dumbed down basic boring tcha tcho mimic without the actual musical complexity and variation or lyrical depth that koffi (and Wazekwa) originally intended or demonstrated. Give your thoughts also

archos #6 on: January 08, 2024, 15:43

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
Exactly,the formula is basic "hopefully" addictive rhythm guitar 'hopefully" catchy lyrics to make the song quickly viral,there is less and less songs which would make you wonder what on earth the guys smoked to produce that

Franco Pepe Kalle #7 on: January 08, 2024, 18:36

• View Profile
Archos or anyone,

which guitarists plays well the rhythm guitar to make you feel the true tcha tcho sound?
Do Akongo, Beniko Popilipo, Felly Tyson or Koffi Olomide himself? I love Do Akongo but I feel like Beniko actually does a great job on rhythm guitar to create the true tcha tcho sound? What about you guys?

archos #8 on: January 08, 2024, 19:27

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
all the four i would say they are those with late lebou who truely mastered the tchatcho style and its variations over the years,koffi himself is one hell of a guitarist,i am surprised he does not play much more on albums he sticks to two three songs here and there

Franco Pepe Kalle #9 on: January 08, 2024, 20:04

• View Profile
I agree with you. I am surprised to see Koffi play guitar very rarely. Part of the reason, I enjoy Beniko so much is this rhythm beat on Micko. It was Beniko.

I think Lebou Kabuya plays lead on this song. I am not sure. But Beniko plays rhythm in this song. Here, you really feel tcha tcho.