Author Topic: 2013-2016 I thought we’d get strong Generique and Sebene back boy was I wrong  (Read 690 times)

CM PRINCE on: June 01, 2023, 18:44

• View Profile
We were really spoiled with these generiques from 2013 all the way to 2016 especially from the 5th generation who hardly have done Sebene songs compared to the previous generations. From 2017 to now the Generique departments have gotten bad and ndombolo is practically dead. I was in Kin in 2014 and Original took kin by storm and they were still playing the Power generiques, Mascara took the world by surprise, Ferre’s seben brought ferre back in that department, and Libres Parcours was a breath of fresh air because the 3 Generiques were a success and the album had Sebene songs which was rare and it still is. I thought after libres parcours other artists would follow suit but they didn’t, I think if Libres Parcours was a Fally solo album other people would’ve followed him to do Sebene songs again. Even Fabregas who was probably the strongest in that department has seriously gone down big time in generiques compared to before.

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda #1 on: June 04, 2023, 23:41

• View Profile
These were class sebens for real,Mboka Mboka was something else I wonder why it didn’t make impact.

Manzambi94 #2 on: June 05, 2023, 08:12

• View Profile
These were class sebens for real,Mboka Mboka was something else I wonder why it didn’t make impact.
No video.
Unfortunately no matter how good the song is you need a video to make a strong impact

CM PRINCE #3 on: June 06, 2023, 13:43

• View Profile
Mboka Mboka was definitely one of the best out of the bunch, and Ngwende too. Like I said todays generiques are quite bad and don’t age well compared to before. There’s no more classics, the fact that Papa Mobimba is still a hit even though its average says a lot, or even ecole because of the leg dance says a lot

BienMat23 #4 on: June 06, 2023, 14:44

• View Profile
Mboka Mboka was definitely one of the best out of the bunch, and Ngwende too. Like I said todays generiques are quite bad and don’t age well compared to before. There’s no more classics, the fact that Papa Mobimba is still a hit even though its average says a lot, or even ecole because of the leg dance says a lot
Literally not many if any at all Generique that I hear and have to get up immediately

World Music Afrique #5 on: June 08, 2023, 20:36

• View Profile
A lot of modern generiques don't make a strong impact

1.) The soloist don't create memorable riffs. Polystar in a interview said young soloists are totally busy sliding to the "High C" instead of creating melodies.

2.) Too many "changement de frequences" in the middle of the generique. Remember the days of "Titanic" "Solola Bien" "Operation Dragon" when musicians would just right in the sebene. Wazekwa is guilty of these changes lol

3.) Lack of promotion and too many rumbas. Congolese Music until 2004 was the powerhouse of dance music. Too many artists are focused on making rumba love songs and not regular 3 part structure sebenes that we were used too. Hence, not all rumbas are the same. The odemba rumbas of Franco OK Jazz are at least danceable or have sweet riffs towards the end.