Author Topic: ORCHESTRE SOSOLISO  (Read 5693 times)

Ken Bilele on: October 09, 2017, 12:36

• View Profile
This band was real entertaining. They were so creative. I would love to know if they were real stars during the time of TPOK.

They were truly good. 13:17 One day such great works shall sell like diamond but sadly they would not be there to enjoy it.

archos #1 on: October 09, 2017, 13:33

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
yes they had mad success but did not last long i think less than two years as a lot of people said luambo verckys and tabuley united against them to block them as they were looking like a potential threat
they had to perform in france at olympia but it failed as they performed in centrafrican republic and earned a lot of money and had to change it to the money of zaire back then and they did it  through some other way than banks to avoid being taxed it seems and  apparently the three guys leaked it to authorities and they were forbidden any activities for 6 months while they had several concerts abroad planned and the groupd ended up collapsing quite quickly

MwanaMokili #2 on: October 09, 2017, 20:05

• View Profile
This band was real entertaining. They were so creative. I would love to know if they were real stars during the time of TPOK.

They were truly good. 13:17 One day such great works shall sell like diamond but sadly they would not be there to enjoy it.

This is a recreation of the classic " Rumble in the Jungle" World Boxing championship fight between Mohamed Ali and George Foreman that took place in Kinshasa.

The fight promoted Africa in no small way, as the build up to the main event there were music shows graced by all leading African bands and the late Great James Brown, who met and gave Kiamuangana Mateta 'Verckys' the nick-name Mr. Dynamite.

Trio Madjesi was destined for great things but unfortunately they had not reckoned with Franco and Tabu Ley, who considered themselves the lords of the Kingdom, and soon the band was no more..

I can compile an article on this short-lived band when I get some time...

These were the Days!!!

Ken Bilele #3 on: October 10, 2017, 07:40

• View Profile

This is a recreation of the classic " Rumble in the Jungle" World Boxing championship fight between Mohamed Ali and George Foreman that took place in Kinshasa.

The fight promoted Africa in no small way, as the build up to the main event there were music shows graced by all leading African bands and the late Great James Brown, who met and gave Kiamuangana Mateta 'Verckys' the nick-name Mr. Dynamite.

Trio Madjesi was destined for great things but unfortunately they had not reckoned with Franco and Tabu Ley, who considered themselves the lords of the Kingdom, and soon the band was no more..

I can compile an article on this short-lived band when I get some time...

These were the Days!!!

You must be Blackest Man in Black Africa, Kindly confirm.

Ken Bilele #4 on: October 10, 2017, 07:42

• View Profile
yes they had mad success but did not last long i think less than two years as a lot of people said luambo verckys and tabuley united against them to block them as they were looking like a potential threat
they had to perform in france at olympia but it failed as they performed in centrafrican republic and earned a lot of money and had to change it to the money of zaire back then and they did it  through some other way than banks to avoid being taxed it seems and  apparently the three guys leaked it to authorities and they were forbidden any activities for 6 months while they had several concerts abroad planned and the groupd ended up collapsing quite quickly

Thanks Master, is any member still alive?

Tata Nkiadi #5 on: October 11, 2017, 21:21

• Congolais abotami na Etas-Unis
    • View Profile
Didn’t one of the singers sing for Kekele at some point within the last decade?

Matebu #6 on: October 11, 2017, 22:10

• View Profile
Didn’t one of the singers sing for Kekele at some point within the last decade?

Yea, that's Djeskain

mvulusi96 #7 on: October 11, 2017, 22:13

Yes they are all alive. Marcel Loko Massengo went back to Congo Brazzaville, after band split. Mario Matididi went back to his country Angola and started his solo carreer there. Saak Sakool is still alive and lives in Paris. But I heard that he's serious ill. The last time that I saw him was, when him, Nyboma, Popolipo, and Rouf Mbuta Nganga organised a debate of them musicians and combattans in 2012. To let musicians based in Europe peform. But it didn't worked out they were largly insulted, espcially by mothers. I don't forget how they interrputed Saak Sakool, who wanted to explain that he was also against Kabila's regime and how they insulted Tabu Ley. No these people don't have respect.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 22:15 by mvulusi96 »

Ken Bilele #8 on: October 12, 2017, 10:25

• View Profile

Yes they are all alive. Marcel Loko Massengo went back to Congo Brazzaville, after band split. Mario Matididi went back to his country Angola and started his solo carreer there. Saak Sakool is still alive and lives in Paris. But I heard that he's serious ill. The last time that I saw him was, when him, Nyboma, Popolipo, and Rouf Mbuta Nganga organised a debate of them musicians and combattans in 2012. To let musicians based in Europe peform. But it didn't worked out they were largly insulted, espcially by mothers. I don't forget how they interrputed Saak Sakool, who wanted to explain that he was also against Kabila's regime and how they insulted Tabu Ley. No these people don't have respect.

Ooh My God! Music is evil, how careers is killed by competitors!! I guess they did not even earn well from music. Lucky you Mvulusi to have met some of these rare men. Combatants are Evil too.