Author Topic: POWER “KOSA LEKA” TURNS 8 YEARS OLD  (Read 4141 times)

Matebu on: April 06, 2021, 02:51

• View Profile
05/04/2013

Pretty good album I must say. Man where has time gone

Émeraude, Bruce, Sony, Terminator, Oxygene... pretty decent rhumbas for the era which felt like a graveyard

Génériques were mostly on point

Mfumu Vata #1 on: April 06, 2021, 03:59

• View Profile
Power was first announced in 2011 as a two part album. Power "Aller" which had to be a world-album and Power "Retour" which was the rumba-part. Featerings with Cecil, P-Square, 2Face, R. Kelly and Flavour were announced and some extracts being leaked on internet. Then if I remember well in december 2012 just before his birthday, the single Sweet Life "La Vie est Belle" got released as preview for Power "Aller". The song was a huge succes. A few days later Power 001 got uploaded on his youtube-channel. The generique had 8 atalaku's, but the generique got at that time heavily criticized for it's first 6 minutes intro before developing into a proper sebene. Later on rumors were spread about Brigade joining Fally band and a Power 002 coming.

Mid-March David Monsoh (who was like Fally's manager/impressario) went to Claudy Siar's Couleur Tropicals of RFI-Radio to announce the release-date of Power "Kosa Leka" for March 30th. He came with snippets of Ndoki, Bruce and Hustler is Back. I thought that it would be Fally's best album ever, when hearing to those snippets lol. The album ended up by getting released 5 days later after 30 March, due to problems with the distribution. Power "Kosa Leka" got in 3 versions, as a double cd with 22 tracks and as a two volume albums on Itunes having 27 songs. The album was number 1 on Itunes in his first days in France, Switserland, Belgium and Canada. When the album came out in Chateaux, combattans went to sell piracy version the same day and it resulted in a fight between Fally-fanatics and combattans.

When the album came out, it was first got roasterd in his first two months on youtube and social media. Music-fans having regrets about buying the album and claiming that it was Fally's worst album and wondering how Fally could release an album like that (including me kiekiekie, myself comparing it to Matou Samuel songs for the way Fally used to cry on most songs). Ferre's staffmember were partying about it on facebook, screaming "to gagner, to gagner" and claiming that Ferre Gola would slaughter him with Boite Noire. There was also some criticism about the amount of songs (27 songs), while before 2012 the maximum of songs was mostly 18. But after sometime the album started growing on people and started to be a succes. The succes even became bigger after that Ferre released Boite Noire and extended with the bonus-single Original which got released 1 year later.

In the same months when Fally released Power "Kosa Leka" his 3-album contract with David Monsoh came to an end. David Monsoh excepted Fally to extend the contract to 2/3 albums, but just after releasing Power "Kosa Leka" it announced in the press that Fallly Ipupa signed a 3-album contract with Universal AZ. David Monsoh who was already in conflict with Fally since 2011 felt like being backstabbed by Fally Ipupa and he started to sabotate the promotion of Power "Kosa Leka". Fans started to criticize Fally for not releasing clips with a good quality anymore like he used to do for Arsenal des Belles Melodies and Droit Chemin volume 2, not knowing that Fally funded the clips by himself. Having taken already some precautions during the recordings of Power by making a list for donors who wanted to have a song with a clip to have to pay x amount money.

In May 2013, Fally Ipupa would get the award for best African Artist of the year at the first edition of Trace Urban Music Awards. The succes of Power would bring Fally to Ivory Coast, Gabon, Cameroun, Congo Brazzaville and Angola.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 04:06 by Mfumu Vata »

Mfumu Vata #2 on: April 06, 2021, 04:17

• View Profile
Emeraude, Mikitsa, Nourrisson and Terminator are my favorite songs of Power "Kosa Leka". I used to find the songs We are the World and Likukuma funny "je, je je, je t'aime". I haven't listened to Sony anymore since the moment Sony Ecco Homo, Théthé Climatiseur and Lola Kadogo passed away and until this day I'm scared to hear that song.

CM PRINCE #3 on: April 06, 2021, 08:46

• View Profile
I remember when I went to Kin in 2014 this album was playing everywhere along with Original which just came out. 
The Generiques were on point, and good rumbas too.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 08:48 by CM PRINCE »

archos #4 on: April 06, 2021, 10:04

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
Emeraude, Mikitsa, Nourrisson and Terminator are my favorite songs of Power "Kosa Leka". I used to find the songs We are the World and Likukuma funny "je, je je, je t'aime". I haven't listened to Sony anymore since the moment Sony Ecco Homo, Théthé Climatiseur and Lola Kadogo passed away and until this day I'm scared to hear that song.

I am sure its also because of the "nabeti tonneau 1 2 3" part which sounds now like an indirect announcement

Wenge1995 #5 on: April 06, 2021, 17:05

• View Profile
Power was first announced in 2011 as a two part album. Power "Aller" which had to be a world-album and Power "Retour" which was the rumba-part. Featerings with Cecil, P-Square, 2Face, R. Kelly and Flavour were announced and some extracts being leaked on internet. Then if I remember well in december 2012 just before his birthday, the single Sweet Life "La Vie est Belle" got released as preview for Power "Aller". The song was a huge succes. A few days later Power 001 got uploaded on his youtube-channel. The generique had 8 atalaku's, but the generique got at that time heavily criticized for it's first 6 minutes intro before developing into a proper sebene. Later on rumors were spread about Brigade joining Fally band and a Power 002 coming.

Mid-March David Monsoh (who was like Fally's manager/impressario) went to Claudy Siar's Couleur Tropicals of RFI-Radio to announce the release-date of Power "Kosa Leka" for March 30th. He came with snippets of Ndoki, Bruce and Hustler is Back. I thought that it would be Fally's best album ever, when hearing to those snippets lol. The album ended up by getting released 5 days later after 30 March, due to problems with the distribution. Power "Kosa Leka" got in 3 versions, as a double cd with 22 tracks and as a two volume albums on Itunes having 27 songs. The album was number 1 on Itunes in his first days in France, Switserland, Belgium and Canada. When the album came out in Chateaux, combattans went to sell piracy version the same day and it resulted in a fight between Fally-fanatics and combattans.

When the album came out, it was first got roasterd in his first two months on youtube and social media. Music-fans having regrets about buying the album and claiming that it was Fally's worst album and wondering how Fally could release an album like that (including me kiekiekie, myself comparing it to Matou Samuel songs for the way Fally used to cry on most songs). Ferre's staffmember were partying about it on facebook, screaming "to gagner, to gagner" and claiming that Ferre Gola would slaughter him with Boite Noire. There was also some criticism about the amount of songs (27 songs), while before 2012 the maximum of songs was mostly 18. But after sometime the album started growing on people and started to be a succes. The succes even became bigger after that Ferre released Boite Noire and extended with the bonus-single Original which got released 1 year later.

In the same months when Fally released Power "Kosa Leka" his 3-album contract with David Monsoh came to an end. David Monsoh excepted Fally to extend the contract to 2/3 albums, but just after releasing Power "Kosa Leka" it announced in the press that Fallly Ipupa signed a 3-album contract with Universal AZ. David Monsoh who was already in conflict with Fally since 2011 felt like being backstabbed by Fally Ipupa and he started to sabotate the promotion of Power "Kosa Leka". Fans started to criticize Fally for not releasing clips with a good quality anymore like he used to do for Arsenal des Belles Melodies and Droit Chemin volume 2, not knowing that Fally funded the clips by himself. Having taken already some precautions during the recordings of Power by making a list for donors who wanted to have a song with a clip to have to pay x amount money.

In May 2013, Fally Ipupa would get the award for best African Artist of the year at the first edition of Trace Urban Music Awards. The succes of Power would bring Fally to Ivory Coast, Gabon, Cameroun, Congo Brazzaville and Angola.

Did Monsoh sue Fally because of the Universal deal? It seems like a breach of contract. Like you said earlier, Fally didn't expect to have a hugely successful solo career so when it actually happened, he wanted to profit from it and Monsoh was in the way.

Do you think Heritier and Monsoh will have a similar fallout? Or does Heritier have a good contract with him?

Captain #6 on: April 06, 2021, 17:57

• View Profile
He didn’t get sued since the 3 albums ((well kind of 4 since Power is a double album)), he signed for with Obouo/Monsoh were done. Also finding out he signed a “slave” contract, Fally decided to not renew it and sign with another label, so Universal. Where he signed for 3 world albums. Now with Tokooos 1 and 2 out, you can probably expect another one in two years.

I think that with the past controversies with Fally, and Arafat, Wata probably managed to secure a better contract than them.

Congolitude #7 on: April 06, 2021, 18:07

• View Profile
If I remember well, Fally even said in the past that Power was a co-production with Monsoh and him. I wonder also if Elektra will renew the contract with him when he will release his third album world...

archos #8 on: April 06, 2021, 18:10

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
this period was the best of the ferre fally rivalry if things did not change in people's perception of what is doing good career wise maybe they could have given us the much awaited second wave of stade des martyrs showdown and kinshasa still being a strong strong strategic position in their careers

Manzambi94 #9 on: April 06, 2021, 18:18

• View Profile
05/04/2013

Pretty good album I must say. Man where has time gone

Émeraude, Bruce, Sony, Terminator, Oxygene... pretty decent rhumbas for the era which felt like a graveyard

Génériques were mostly on point

It is weird, before this post I was listening the song.today at work

Mfumu Vata #10 on: April 06, 2021, 20:31

• View Profile

Did Monsoh sue Fally because of the Universal deal? It seems like a breach of contract. Like you said earlier, Fally didn't expect to have a hugely successful solo career so when it actually happened, he wanted to profit from it and Monsoh was in the way.

Do you think Heritier and Monsoh will have a similar fallout? Or does Heritier have a good contract with him?

David Monsoh sued both Fally Ipupa and Universal AZ, claiming that the contract was illegal, because of being negotiated and signed when Fally Ipupa had still a contact with him. Despite Fally not working with David Monsoh anymore, David still gets 10% or 20% (I don't remember anymore) of Fally's albums who are released by F-Victeam Entertainement and Elektra Music. I don't know if it's due to the contract Fally signed in the Droit Chemin-era or the case.

I don't think that Heritier and Monsoh will get a similar fallout. Because back when Heritier signed with David Monsoh in 2015, David Monsoh reputation was badly damaged due to the fallouts with Fally Ipupa and DJ Arafat about the royalties. During the pressconference in Paris, David Monsoh and Heritier Wantanabe confirmed to have signed a fair 3-album contract. But seeing the way Mi Ange-Mi Demon is promoted, I think that it will result in a new conflict very soon, like that of JB Mpiana and David Monsoh during the promotion of Soyons Serieux. There were already short issues before and during Carierre d'Honneur, David Monsoh being against Heritier's strategy of having public rehearshals like Werrason and wanting him to adopt Fally's vision of rehearsing behind closed doors, David Monsoh being against Heritier attacking and responding his rivals and enemies, but Heritier not understanding it, etc.

BienMat23 #11 on: April 06, 2021, 21:05

• View Profile

David Monsoh sued both Fally Ipupa and Universal AZ, claiming that the contract was illegal, because of being negotiated and signed when Fally Ipupa had still a contact with him. Despite Fally not working with David Monsoh anymore, David still gets 10% or 20% (I don't remember anymore) of Fally's albums who are released by F-Victeam Entertainement and Elektra Music. I don't know if it's due to the contract Fally signed in the Droit Chemin-era or the case.

I don't think that Heritier and Monsoh will get a similar fallout. Because back when Heritier signed with David Monsoh in 2015, David Monsoh reputation was badly damaged due to the fallouts with Fally Ipupa and DJ Arafat about the royalties. During the pressconference in Paris, David Monsoh and Heritier Wantanabe confirmed to have signed a fair 3-album contract. But seeing the way Mi Ange-Mi Demon is promoted, I think that it will result in a new conflict very soon, like that of JB Mpiana and David Monsoh during the promotion of Soyons Serieux. There were already short issues before and during Carierre d'Honneur, David Monsoh being against Heritier's strategy of having public rehearshals like Werrason and wanting him to adopt Fally's vision of rehearsing behind closed doors, David Monsoh being against Heritier attacking and responding his rivals and enemies, but Heritier not understanding it, etc.
Any idea of the other parts to Watas contract like the details of the promo strategy, the money involved etc

Wenge1995 #12 on: April 07, 2021, 05:06

• View Profile

I was very disappointed with the rollout for Mi-Ange-Mi Demon. Aside from the generique, the wrong songs recieved clips and he just made a couple media appearances -- did he really think that was enough to sell records?

Do you think David Monsoh lost his touch as a promoter or is Heritier too hard headed to take advice? Although Monsoh may be unethical as a business partner, he definitely helped elevate DJ Arafat and Fally Ipupa with proper clips and concert promotions.

archos #13 on: April 07, 2021, 11:03

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
the contract of wata is quite different to fally,wata is much more involved in funding things that fally was until their last album which is like co production with plan b
he takes care of all what happens in kinshasa or more than half in terms of studio fees,hence why he relies a lot on ted tenday,maitre kazi and co
maybe monsoh is having what jose mourinho is going through/went through, a tougher period where things just dont flow as it used to ,gotta say that the context wata left in was very different too with combattants things,with much  stronger controversies around too
i saw an interview of heritier in kinshasa were he got asked what he talked about with werra when he went to give his cd,he said he cant
 reveal everything,but werra asked about the ex maison mere guys who are with him now how they are doing,if olivier and him still argue like tom and jerry and werra told him that he had got  info from somebody in the industry that a big blocus was put in place to boycott his songs at many tv's in kinshasa and that he was not taking it too seriously but  after he came to see him werra promised to put all his effort to remove all those boycotts being friend to all media authorities
maybe heritier should have signed instead for universal music africa  or sony music africa like fabregas, because all the "individual producers" of the monsoh prime went down in this new era of social media  and co
maybe monsoh is not up to date anymore or does not have that hunger anymore,a lot of people consider that monsoh uses wata to prove fally a point but in reality the way they operate dont look like trying to prove a point at all,unless it looked like that in the start but got broken somewhere(for example the failed olympia and states which could have been massive stepping stone to build bigger fanbase)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 11:15 by archos »