Author Topic: (Archive) Pamelo Mounka last interview 1996  (Read 1293 times)

Drumstar98 on: February 03, 2022, 20:49

• View Profile
He talks about when he collaborated with the late Tabu Ley Rochereau he also mentioned how Extra Musica went to Kinshasa for promotion.

Franco Pepe Kalle #1 on: February 06, 2022, 00:42

• View Profile
This man would have been treated like a king if he was in Kinshasa instead of Brazzaville.

bencuri #2 on: February 06, 2022, 00:51

• Administrator
    • View Profile
They created some real ultimate rumba sound with his band, that is a good reference for anyone interested in nice reverb and echo sounds.

Mfumu Vata #3 on: February 07, 2022, 00:09

• View Profile
My favorite songs of him are l'Argent appelle l'Argent and Ce n'est que ma Secretaire

Brazzaville didn't really knew how to promote their artists and culture compared to Kinshasa. Theo Blaise Nkonkou and Pamelo Mounka reached another dimension once they promoted their songs in Kinshasa. What I don't understand is that when reached some certain succes, they all decided to settle in Brazazville. That was also the case with an artist called Fernand Mabala who once tried to confront Emeneya in Kinshasa

Drumstar98 #4 on: February 07, 2022, 00:25

• View Profile
I'm hoping someone has the footage of Emeneya vs Fernand Mabala in Tele Zaïre the whole crowd were screaming.

My favourite songs from Pamelo Mounka is Mama Na Mwana, Djimo Ivi, Amour De Nombakele and d'ici De L'an 2000.