Author Topic: Fashion Designers for Congolese Stars  (Read 11191 times)

deanglo on: February 15, 2014, 18:26

• View Profile
I see Congolese musicians with fashions at every turn and in Africa that. Who are the designers for these musicians, Koffi, Mpiana? Also Werrason is the worst fashionista Wazekwa is cool on his own. Do they employ Congo tailors or do they simply import everything including that of their dancers.

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #1 on: February 15, 2014, 20:03

• Administrator
    • View Profile
They buy their stuff from designer shops in France and Belgium
You need to watch Papa Wemba's documentary to see just how much these guys spend on clothes.
LE BIG BOSS

deanglo #2 on: February 15, 2014, 21:38

• View Profile
DJ Sly, thank you, thank you very much. This is an eye opener. I never realized such mentality exists to that extent. I honestly thought a lot of the tailors in Kinshasa are knocking off some of the clothes for these guys and or maybe a few high ends are scattered in there somewhere. I have not sat down to watch all of it because I downloaded it to watch later fully. I will pass this link to a lot of us who are blinded to this fact.

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #3 on: February 15, 2014, 22:35

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It's a lovely documentary, it teaches you about how these stars live their lives and also about what they call 'mabanga' or name mentioning(big up) in songs which is what pay a lot in this music.
LE BIG BOSS

deanglo #4 on: February 16, 2014, 00:31

• View Profile
DJ Sly, you hit my sweet spot on this. It maybe late revelation to some, but it is a new one for me and I am sure it will be for a lot of people I know

shamala #5 on: February 16, 2014, 03:02

• View Profile
confirm also if they have personal stylists ( name them if you can) notice the change of job from the american type ice jeans an top with hood to y-3 and addidas..
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

Ken Bilele #6 on: February 17, 2014, 08:01

• View Profile
What a funny lifestyle!! what is so amazing is that the same lifestyle shown in this documentary is what I see with most of the Congolese here in Nairobi. Coming together in bars smoking together just wishing to get good Samaritans to help or get some old women to take them as husbands. It looks like when Wemba came out of prison he wanted his followers to change their lifestyle but he could not face them directly. I also noticed there are people who used him to get money like the guy from Brussels collecting money from his colleagues for mabanga then not remitting all of it to Wemba.

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #7 on: February 17, 2014, 08:49

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It looks like when Wemba came out of prison he wanted his followers to change their lifestyle but he could not face them directly. I also noticed there are people who used him to get money like the guy from Brussels collecting money from his colleagues for mabanga then not remitting all of it to Wemba.
Yes indeed. Now when people hear that such and such a band is recording in Europe, they queue up at the studio to pay for mabanga directly to the musicians, mostly to musicians of the band but this causes problems too coz the artistic directors limit the number of names on songs so some musicians are paid then if people's names are not mentioned then the musicians become indebted to the people who paid them. ;D
LE BIG BOSS

Ken Bilele #8 on: February 17, 2014, 09:11

• View Profile
And that makes the start of Combatants approach!! I was also amazed  at the level of desperation on these guys when they visited Wemba in the studio, They begged with their money to be given mabanga, also spot on is that woman who promised to give wemba pants Kiekiekiekiekeiekiek. So what really benefit you if you are mentioned in Fally song? DJ SLY you noticed the guy who cried loud that the price of that jacket would buy him a house in Kin then told by Wemba that the choice is his?

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #9 on: February 17, 2014, 09:14

• Administrator
    • View Profile
And that makes the start of Combatants approach!! I was also amazed  at the level of desperation on these guys when they visited Wemba in the studio, They begged with their money to be given mabanga, also spot on is that woman who promised to give wemba pants Kiekiekiekiekeiekiek. So what really benefit you if you are mentioned in Fally song? DJ SLY you noticed the guy who cried loud that the price of that jacket would buy him a house in Kin then told by Wemba that the choice is his?
Yes, wearing expensive stuff and having your name mentioned by top musicians is all about impressing and earning respect from peers and women. Sex is what drives all this. ;D
LE BIG BOSS

archos #10 on: February 17, 2014, 09:17

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
the benefit is promotion,as simple as that,many companies developed through the fact their names were mentioned by  many stars
 and if your name is mentioned in koffi,wazekwa,werra,mpiana,fally,ferré,wemba albums at the same time it means you are very very strong
 probably 95 per cent if not a bit more of the most popular names(outside musicians and comedians themselves) in DRC are guys whose names were heard several times in songs
you gave me an idea about a topic,i will explain what happens behind the scene about mabanga

Ken Bilele #11 on: February 17, 2014, 09:17

• View Profile
Is Mere Malou still there? I noticed Wemba himself then was not rich. Buying one jacket at 8000 euros is just being insane.

archos #12 on: February 17, 2014, 09:22

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
Is Mere Malou still there? I noticed Wemba himself then was not rich. Buying one jacket at 8000 euros is just being insane.

mere malou died 6 years ago,lol his "heir" jb mpiana has taken the same love  about clothes, he ordered a tailor-made golden complete outfit (from head to toes) worth probably  three times that jacket, for the zenith concert which should have happened

Ken Bilele #13 on: February 17, 2014, 09:30

• View Profile

mere malou died 6 years ago,lol his "heir" jb mpiana has taken the same love  about clothes, he ordered a tailor-made golden complete outfit (from head to toes) worth probably  three times that jacket, for the zenith concert which should have happened

kiekiekiekie now that is the madness I tell  you. Then its an outfit you use ones then back to the hangers? Try archos do that work you've promised I'll be waiting.

shamala #14 on: February 17, 2014, 09:46

• View Profile
is this the sapologie madness ?
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.