Author Topic: Which band is better? Wenge Musica 4x4 T.T. vs Extra Musica Zangul  (Read 22548 times)

pierrefelix123 #30 on: April 11, 2015, 01:04

• View Profile
got to say that these solos made by roga roga go toe to toe with certain of makabas solo

Felo #31 on: April 11, 2015, 10:42

• View Profile

:o Caien Madoka is the only person who played more memorable rhythms than Durrel Loemba. That's an insult to Do Akongo, Zamwanagana, Lutumba Simaro and many others in the Congolese Music.... ahahaha Ramatoulaye souned better than Titina in albums, I advice you yo listen Kalayi Boeing (version orginale), Voyage, Filandu and Daddet very well.
By more memorable I don't mean better technically or more musically complex. I just mean that it stays in your memory longer. An example is Flame Kapaya's solos which are complex and sometimes impossible to execute but fade away from memory quickly, contrasted with Burkina Faso's which are simple, catchy, memorable. You just need to listen to Trance music and notice how four or five musical notes are turned into memorable melodies. So, to my point: Durrel Lomba's rhythms are more memorable that those of Wenge.

I did mention that Titina is a better drummer, but I was analyzing the songs and how the drums sounded overall. I must admit that the drumming in Dadet is the best in any rumba song, but then again Titina was not well quantized throughout that song.

Roga Roga #32 on: April 11, 2015, 10:51

• View Profile
muvulus if you want to the creativity of durell ove fi-carre listen the whole album of confirmation especially song like ziya, angela , denide or kende surely you will change your mind iver durell.

mvulusi96 #33 on: April 11, 2015, 11:23

muvulus if you want to the creativity of durell ove fi-carre listen the whole album of confirmation especially song like ziya, angela , denide or kende surely you will change your mind iver durell.
@Roga-Roga,
Maitre Fi-Carre did never played rhythm, he played mostly solo and mi-solo and second I didn't say that Durrel hasn't more creativity than all Wenge-rhythm players,. The thing that I said is that you can not compare Durrel Loemba to any Wenge rhythm-player because none of them played more than one album, the only person who played more than one album is Patient Kusangila, who is originally a bass-player and not a rhythm-player. It's not for nothing that he stopped with playing rhythm-guitar and restarted to playing the bass-guitar after the Wenge-split and during Zenith '99.

mvulusi96 #34 on: April 11, 2015, 11:27

:o Caien Madoka is the only person who played more memorable rhythms than Durrel Loemba. That's an insult to Do Akongo, Zamwanagana, Lutumba Simaro and many others in the Congolese Music.... ahahaha Ramatoulaye souned better than Titina in albums, I advice you yo listen Kalayi Boeing (version orginale), Voyage, Filandu and Daddet very well.
By more memorable I don't mean better technically or more musically complex. I just mean that it stays in your memory longer. An example is Flame Kapaya's solos which are complex and sometimes impossible to execute but fade away from memory quickly, contrasted with Burkina Faso's which are simple, catchy, memorable. You just need to listen to Trance music and notice how four or five musical notes are turned into memorable melodies. So, to my point: Durrel Lomba's rhythms are more memorable that those of Wenge.

I did mention that Titina is a better drummer, but I was analyzing the songs and how the drums sounded overall. I must admit that the drumming in Dadet is the best in any rumba song, but then again Titina was not well quantized throughout that song.
ahahahahahahah.

Zaiko #35 on: April 13, 2015, 15:42

• View Profile
Durel was allowed to shine a bit more in Extra's older albums.  Listen to songs like Chagrin Plus Plus, Djeu le etenel etc. When he became lead when Extra split his sound was pretty good too.
I think the argument mvulsusi96 made about Caien Madoka and DUrel can be argued about RogaRoga and Alain Makaba.  I think Roga's solos stick better like that from Etat Major, Losambo, Chagrin Plus and even the stuff from today.  Makaba is the better skilled and complex player.

Roga Roga #36 on: March 10, 2016, 09:19

• View Profile
they dont respect because of his self-fish character. do not attack him  because of his character but respect him  due to his talent in song writing, singing, playing guitar, leading other , etc  but for me roga roga is better than makaba also extra musica bpbl is better than wenge musica bcbg