Author Topic: I WAS JUST LISTENING TO WENGE & WERRA'S "A LA QUEUE LEU-LEU"  (Read 21467 times)

faithandwar #15 on: February 19, 2018, 06:52

• View Profile
To be honest the other problem with this album was it was the beginning of albums getting overhyped and of course they did the koyimbi ko dance to death at concerts that it was getting boring

if the album was released 3 or 6 months earlier, then the album would get the respect it deserved at that time. Because people waited to long for that album, which made it getting not well received at that time, despite the lies of the Congolese press. The album got luckily the respect which it deserved after 5 years. The beginning of albums getting over-hyped was with Temoinage.
*Revives thread *
A LA QUEUE LEU-LEU wasn't received well at the time in Kin? What were the press saying at the time? I would've thought with all the Koyimbi Ko dances in the makbokes it was a smash. It was definitely well received in my community here in the States.   
 ALQLL along with Effrakata was definitely on repeat all of 2002 @ every Congolese function I went to lol. Those were two integral albums for me growing up

Also, hey everyone this is my first post here! :) After lurking here for like a month, I finally decided to make an account. I lowkey wanted to make introductory thread introducing myself, but I didn't think no one would care lol
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 07:42 by faithandwar »

Grandpretre #16 on: February 19, 2018, 06:56

• View Profile
To be honest the other problem with this album was it was the beginning of albums getting overhyped and of course they did the koyimbi ko dance to death at concerts that it was getting boring

if the album was released 3 or 6 months earlier, then the album would get the respect it deserved at that time. Because people waited to long for that album, which made it getting not well received at that time, despite the lies of the Congolese press. The album got luckily the respect which it deserved after 5 years. The beginning of albums getting over-hyped was with Temoinage.
*Revives thread *
A LA QUEUE LEU-LEU wasn't received well at the time in Kin? What were the press saying at the time? I would've thought with all the Koyimbi Ko dances in the makbokes it was smash. It was definitely well received in my community here in the States.   
 ALQLL along with Effrakata was definitely on repeat all of 2002 @ every Congolese function I went to lol. Those were two integral albums for me growing up

Also, hey everyone this is my first post here! :) After lurking here for like a month, I finally decided to make an account. I lowkey wanted to make introductory thread introducing myself, but I didn't think no one would care lol

WELCOME NDEKO

faithandwar #17 on: February 19, 2018, 07:49

• View Profile

*Revives thread *
A LA QUEUE LEU-LEU wasn't received well at the time in Kin? What were the press saying at the time? I would've thought with all the Koyimbi Ko dances in the makbokes it was smash. It was definitely well received in my community here in the States.   

WELCOME NDEKO

Merci ndeko na ngai, naza na esengo kozala na fourm lokola oyo. I'm still in the process of teaching myself lingala so bare with me lol 

Wenge1995 #18 on: February 19, 2018, 22:36

• View Profile
Compared to Effrakata, Internet, and Trop C'est Trop, which came out months earlier...A La Queue Leu Leu was disappointing.

Why was Flamme Kapaya playing most of the solos, I always felt that Japonais was the better lead guitarist and why did Burkina Faso Mboka Liya leave Masion Mere? He did excellent work on Werrason's debut album with Operation Dragon among other songs.

mvulusi96 #19 on: February 19, 2018, 23:31

Compared to Effrakata, Internet, and Trop C'est Trop, which came out months earlier...A La Queue Leu Leu was disappointing.

Why was Flamme Kapaya playing most of the solos, I always felt that Japonais was the better lead guitarist and why did Burkina Faso Mboka Liya leave Masion Mere? He did excellent work on Werrason's debut album with Operation Dragon among other songs.

Flamme Kapaya played the most solo on that album because he was then the 1 number lead-guitarist of the band. But he dissapointed a little bit on A La Que Leu Leu, since that he wasn't inspired anymore, because Werrason didn't pay him for Kibuisa and didn't gave the things he promised. Because he returned with nothing in Kinshasa, after that they stole everything he got in his appartement where he was staying in Brussels,during the tour. I guess that Japonais was sleeping in the same appartement. Which made both guys doubting about staying in Europe along with Serge Mabiala and Adjani, but the 4 finally decided to return after pressure from fans (Maison Mere fans are so crazy). Werrason promised to to help him, but he did nothing. Flamme started to be motivated again, when Mogratana joined, since that he taught that they wanted get rid of him and stole his place a number 1 lead-guitarist of the band. But it was not the way like he was inspired during the preparation Kibuisa, after Solola Bien. After the tour of 2005, he started to have engough. Espcially when he heard the amount Werrason got from Primus, when he signed a 4 years contract with them. That's also why he sabotated the recordings of Temps Present and Simply the Best of vol. 1 and decided to stay in Europe in 2007, also falling in love with a girl of mixed race. Werrason didn't gave the villa he promised him, after that Les Marquis was created, soafter 3 years he decided to leave.

Japonais was not really interested anymore in Maison Mere, being dissapointed in the way things were and he started to be absent and coming late in concerts and rehearsals. I remember him trying to join Extra Musica in 2001. There was a moment that he left Maison Mere during the Europe tour of 2002 along with Ajdani. But both then returned after a month and reconciled. Werrason gave him the opportunity to play lead on Fany, J'en Ai Assez and Jugement Dernier. Japonais wanted to return to Kinshasa and had to replace Mimiche as bass player (like he replaced Christian Mwepu for a moment in 1999), since that he ran away. But Werrason didn't pay him so he decided to stay in Europe the day they had to return. Then he joined Viva Tendence in 2003 and played lead in some songs in Somo Trop (Masayuki, Alanga Nzembo& Kombo Monene). Then he joined Les Marquis after that Ferre called in London in 2004. In 2008 he had to rejoin Maison Mere after that Flamme left and he participated on some songs a lead guitarist. Because he had to coach Christian Solo, since that Mogratana wasn't there anymore, because he had to get papers in France.

from 4:43 min with Mimiche Bass and Leny Bidens.

Japonais could not return immediately at that moment, since that he had to short some things out, having also a solo album coming out (Transe en Danse), so he said to Werra that he woul rejoin the band some months later. He finally returned in the summer of 2009. But he came on the moment that Christian Solo left and had to do a fara-fara test with Kimangu at the FIKIN. With many fans booing him, since that they didn't forget that he was a member of Les Marquis in the past, seeing him as traitor and wanted to see to him kneeling down to Werra like Lacoste in 2003 at Stade des Martyrs, what he didn't accept. Which made the thing worser for him, when he tried to play the guitar.  It's so crazy, because they accepted Mimiche back 4 years earlier without problems.

Burkina Faso left Werrason after that he slept him during the rehearsal. Because he was talking on the Phone with a fan, who was asking when he would get the Mercedes, Werrason promised him. Which didn't please Werrason and he went to beat him, which made him leave Maison Mere. Burkina Faso joined Maison Mere, after that JB Mpiana let him stay in Europe and he Titina, Alain Mpela & Calugi went to France for the mixing of TH. While a ngulu went on his place. Which made him angry because he had to get another Mercedes for his work in TH and had got money from people for mabanga's on TH. Gentamicine, Fi-Carre and Burkina were then rumoured to join Maison Mere. When he joined Maison Mere they gave him Peugeot 505 and promised him a new Mercedes. They buyed it for him. But then when they returned in Kinshasa after the tour of, the staff of Werrrason were gossiping to him that he would become big headed and that he was talking bad about him on his back. So he didn't gave it and in the meantime fans were everyday asking about that car 2 months long. So he left to went to form his own band in Masina, but he failed to get a contract with Primus and JB & Werrason were doing everything to let him fail in his carreer. So after a year he decided to join Papa Wemba's Nouvelle Ecriture, since that Wemba's wife was from the same tribe(Muyaka) and tought that Wemba would not dissapoint him like the leaders of Wenge. They gave him then a car. But after a week journalist Serge Kayembe asked him if he could visit BCBG during a concert a play some sebene's from the days of Zenith to make the fans happy,which he accepted. It was a succes and then they conviced him to stay in the band with on the end the musicians and fans of Nouvelle Ecriture calling him a thief and crook on tv, because of that car they gave him hahahahaha and they then claimed they he was scared of Thierry Mogratana.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 00:04 by mvulusi96 »

Wenge1995 #20 on: February 20, 2018, 03:24

• View Profile
@mvulusi96

Thanks you, brother! Werrason was so selfish back then, Japonais and Flamme Kapaya created the aggressive sebene that made Wenge Musica Masion Mere African superstars.

I noticed that Solola Bien has two guest musicans; Dju Dju Chet on drums and Guy Sangue playing bass guitar. Why didn't Papy Kakol play drums during the recording of the album. Does Guy Sangue contributions have anything to do with Didier Masela leaving the band? I thought he left after the release of the album.

mvulusi96 #21 on: February 20, 2018, 08:39

@mvulusi96

Thanks you, brother! Werrason was so selfish back then, Japonais and Flamme Kapaya created the aggressive sebene that made Wenge Musica Masion Mere African superstars.

I noticed that Solola Bien has two guest musicans; Dju Dju Chet on drums and Guy Sangue playing bass guitar. Why didn't Papy Kakol play drums during the recording of the album. Does Guy Sangue contributions have anything to do with Didier Masela leaving the band? I thought he left after the release of the album.

Papy Kakol played on albums, but he played only Solola Bien and the sebenes on that album. The rest was done by Djudjuchet l-chet. They invited him, because Kakol was at that time limited as
drummer. On Kibuisa Mpimpa also only played the generic and sebenes. It's easy to hear Djudju's touch, since he has an unique way of playing drums (he's the king of the hit hat). Listen to Ntima Mbote, Vita Imana, Flair Play & Augustine.

Thy invited Guy Nsangue, because Christian "Mabanga " Mwepu wasn't there anymore and problems started between Didier Masela & Werrason, with Japonais (he played bass, rhythm, mi-solo, lead, maracas and conga's all by himself on his song Robert Basende) being a little bit limited as bass-players so they invited him. They invited him again on Kibuisa Mpimpa, where he played bass on several songs. On Intervention Rapide they invited Lofombo to play some rumba's. Christian Mwepu stayed in Canada, after being pissed off that they weren't rehearshing his songs, when they were in London. Because he had to put two songs in Solola Bien, then he had also problems with Masela's staff who threaten him to beat him, since that they saw him as one of the guys who were disrespect Masela. Having also some problems with his health he decided than to stay in Canada. With Maison Mere having a big problem, since that they hadn't a bass player anymore, having left rhythm Olivier Mpungi behind in Kinshasa. Which motivated to Werrason to reconcile with Masela the quickly possible. But with Masela coming late in concerts, they decided to contact Patient Kusangila who had left Wenge BCBG at that moment. So that Japoanis could play bass in the case that Masela would leave the band. Kusangila came they finished already the recordings of Solola Bien, they presented him on a funny way at Palais des Sports

There was a war about leadership between Masela & Werrason some months after the creation of Wenge Maison Mere. With Didier Masela starting coming late in concerts before Force d'Intervention Rapide to show Werrason that he was the leader and Werrason himself sending musicians (they were all supporting Werrason) to disrespect him and saying nasty things. Then there were also problems about money, since that Didier wanted to share the money, the way they  were sharing it in Wenge 4x4, while Werrason wanted to pay the guys to prove JB Mpiana & Wenge BCBG a point. Since that Werrason had a bad image as financial director in Wenge 4x4. Masela decided to stay in London after all those problems with the band going to Canada & the USA without him. But then Werrason' staff said to Werrason that he had to apologize to Masela and that they had to be a block to fight JB. So he reconciled with Masela against his will and Masela came back in Paris and peformed than at Villejuif and toured in Europe with the band.Then you got the fight of Masela & Werrason in Jean Pierre Saah's office about the contract they had to sign, because Masela didn't agree that they gave Werrason more advantages. Then after the concert of Palais des Sports he decided to stay in Europe and claimed that he fired the whole band, as founder of Wenge. He returned 2 months later in Kinshasa, started his own band and started to record Zabala Bakulu, which came out 4 years later. Werrason on his side performed at Stade des Martyrs, GHK, some concerts in Kinshasa and had a tour in the Bas-Congo province. Werrason's brother wanted to reconcile both guys, when he heard that Masela returned to Kinshasa and conviced Werrason, who in reality didn't want Masela anymore in the band. But Masela refused, because he saw like they were playing with his mind. They were lucky that Masela was cool, orherwise they had to put the names Musica & Maison Mere away and take another name.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 10:17 by mvulusi96 »

Wenge1995 #22 on: February 20, 2018, 09:18

• View Profile
@mvulusi96

Now that you've explained it, I have noticed the significant difference in techinque of percussion in those songs. Papy Kakol was always powerful on drums, but definately lack the dynamic of style like rivals Titina Al Capone and Champion of Quarter Latin.

What was your favorite album by Werrason or Wenge Musica Masion Mere? Which one was your least?

My favorite is Kibuisa Mpimpa; excellent sebenes, all the members had a chance to shine vocally, and impressive animations from Bill Clinton & Celeo Scram.

I remember for some reason that JDT had limited vocals on Solola Bien, if I'm not mistaken he just sang on Koffi Ayiana and Rendez-vous manqué.

Poor Adjani, those times were the last time he looked healthy before drugs complicated him like Babia.

My least favorite is the album is Temps Présent Vol. 1, maybe it was Flamme Kapaya's absence kiekiekie!

I won't lie, it was rough start for Celeo Scram, the guy had so little space for animations in Intervention Rapide Rapide Force and Solola Bien, it wasn't until after those albums where he would get more space on records to impress. I heard it was because Werrason only wanted Bill Clinton as atalaku, is that true?

mvulusi96 #23 on: February 20, 2018, 09:53

@mvulusi96

Now that you've explained it, I have noticed the significant difference in techinque of percussion in those songs. Papy Kakol was always powerful on drums, but definately lack the dynamic of style like rivals Titina Al Capone and Champion of Quarter Latin.

What was your favorite album by Werrason or Wenge Musica Masion Mere? Which one was your least?

My favorite is Kibuisa Mpimpa; excellent sebenes, all the members had a chance to shine vocally, and impressive animations from Bill Clinton & Celeo Scram.

I remember for some reason that JDT had limited vocals on Solola Bien, if I'm not mistaken he just sang on Koffi Ayiana and Rendez-vous manqué.

Poor Adjani, those times were the last time he looked healthy before drugs complicated him like Babia.

My least favorite is the album is Temps Présent Vol. 1, maybe it was Flamme Kapaya's absence kiekiekie!

I won't lie, it was rough start for Celeo Scram, the guy had so little space for animations in Intervention Rapide Rapide Force and Solola Bien, it wasn't until after those albums where he would get more space on records to impress. I heard it was because Werrason only wanted Bill Clinton as atalaku, is that true?

My favorite album was Kibuisa Mpimpa and the least was Temps Present. I didn't like the new style and image of the band with Werrason starting to praise Kabila openly in interviews and the departure of Flamme & at that moment my favorite atalaku Celeo made me not follow Maison Mere very hard like in the beginning.

I remember how some people didn't like Kibuisa in the first days. Prefering than Solola Bien above Operation Dragon, they found the song 13 Ans  the way Werrason said in the beginning "Le beaute de pere noel, c'etait les belles filles", "the looks of Santa Claus were beautifel girls". alot weren't used the way Werrason sung alot in Kibuisa compared to Solola Bien & Intervention Rapide, forgetting that it was a solo album. They said then that had to give Ferre Gola, Serge Mabiala & Adjani more space. But after after a month everybody accepted the album, expect the BCBG-fans.

Werrason didn't really like Celeo, since he hadn't the looks at that time despite of having proved his talents in Duc Herode's band. Because in Wenge, beside of being talented you had to got the looks to join the band. That's also the way how they killed Congolese music, accepting singer in the band who can't sing, but only got the looks. Celeo wasn't supossed to be at the Europe-tour of 1999. But he finally came with help from some donors and support of Adolphe Dominguez. But was then left behind in London by the band, people in London advised him to seek asylum, but he refused. There was a day that he was almost arrested and send back to Congo. Then when he heard that Maison Mere came to Paris, he went there to rejoin the band, but made a big car-accident the day he had to perform at Villejuif. The succes of Solola Bien, made him get respect and a little bit more space. But he was lucky to be at Bercy, because Werrason was angry when he discovered that he had a relationship with female dancer Bibiche Bercy. So he wanted to punish him leaving behind in Kinshasa and replace him by Doudou Kibinda. But he the whole band was against it and they supported Celeo.

masatomo #24 on: February 20, 2018, 10:12

• View Profile
If I understand well Didier Masela & Celeo were not in Canada & USA.

You're right Wenge1995 the Kibuisa era seems to be the last time Adjani looks "healthy" he was ubstable just like Babia that was really dumb to not come to A La Queue Leu Leu recording sessions no wonder why Werrason decided to cut him off that album and his song. Mvulusi, When he returned to Maison Mere in 2003 did Werra planned to use him(Adjani) in the original version of Miracle ? Was Alerte Générale  supposed to be the original générique animated by Bill and Celeo ?

mvulusi96 #25 on: February 20, 2018, 10:27

If I understand well Didier Masela & Celeo were not in Canada & USA.

You're right Wenge1995 the Kibuisa era seems to be the last time Adjani looks "healthy" he was ubstable just like Babia that was really dumb to not come to A La Queue Leu Leu recording sessions no wonder why Werrason decided to cut him off that album and his song. Mvulusi, When he returned to Maison Mere in 2003 did Werra planned to use him(Adjani) in the original version of Miracle ? Was Alerte Générale  supposed to be the original générique animated by Bill and Celeo ?

Yeah, they weren't there in Canada & the USA.

Ajdani came back somewhere in the spring of 2003. I don't know if Werrason planned to use in him Miracle. He wasn't he same anymore, like in the says of Solola Bien & Intervention Rapide.

No, Alerte Generale wasn't supossed to be the original generic animated by Bill and Celeo. the generic was created after that Roi David joined. They made alot of hints about Les Marquis in the start of the generic and you got also the animation "bako kende, bako zonga", "they will leave, they will return", which was created after the creation of Les Marquis.

Manzambi94 #26 on: February 20, 2018, 10:31

• View Profile
@mvulusi96

My favorite album was Kibuisa Mpimpa and the least was Temps Present. I didn't like the new style and image of the band with Werrason starting to praise Kabila openly in interviews and the departure of Flamme & at that moment my favorite atalaku Celeo made me not follow Maison Mere very hard like in the beginning.

I remember how some people didn't like Kibuisa in the first days. Prefering than Solola Bien above Operation Dragon, they found the song 13 Ans  the way Werrason said in the beginning "Le beaute de pere noel, c'etait les belles filles", "the looks of Santa Claus were beautifel girls". alot weren't used the way Werrason sung alot in Kibuisa compared to Solola Bien & Intervention Rapide, forgetting that it was a solo album. They said then that had to give Ferre Gola, Serge Mabiala & Adjani more space. But after after a month everybody accepted the album, expect the BCBG-fans.

Werrason didn't really like Celeo, since he hadn't the looks at that time despite of having proved his talents in Duc Herode's band. Because in Wenge, beside of being talented you had to got the looks to join the band. That's also the way how they killed Congolese music, accepting singer in the band who can't sing, but only got the looks. Celeo wasn't supossed to be at the Europe-tour of 1999. But he finally came with help from some donors and support of Adolphe Dominguez. But was then left behind in London by the band, people in London advised him to seek asylum, but he refused. There was a day that he was almost arrested and send back to Congo. Then when he heard that Maison Mere came to Paris, he went there to rejoin the band, but made a big car-accident the day he had to perform at Villejuif. The succes of Solola Bien, made him get respect and a little bit more space. But he was lucky to be at Bercy, because Werrason was angry when he discovered that he had a relationship with female dancer Bibiche Bercy. So he wanted to punish him leaving behind in Kinshasa and replace him by Doudou Kibinda. But he the whole band was against it and they supported Celeo.
I knew that Celeo wasn't loved by Werra but why did he kept him for so long?? Celeo lasted only two albums (Temoignage and Sous-Sol) plus Primus Generique with Kene and Roi David and then left or got kicked out by Werra don't rember it, in Europe blogs they used to say he got fired but people from Kin said that he cheated Werra since he couldn't understand that Werra took Brigade, sensing a Bill Clinton 2's situation and furthermore not liking Brigade because of their common ex girlfriend Mimi Chikeva mother of Brandon Avatar which strangely sings exactly like Brigade lol, by the way if you check the live version of Sous-Sol
(which by the way had over 2 million views but unfortunately got deleted)
You can see Celeo being very present in every of the atalaku space "fighting" with Roi David joking with Prince and if I don't go wrong even playing with Brigade, you can feel that he wanted to make his leadership strong.
You can sense Celeo wasn't that important to Werra by checking the Alerts General CD Cover where Werra took Roi David like a baby and sponsoring him like they did with Ko Yimbi Ko

mvulusi96 #27 on: February 20, 2018, 10:52

@mvulusi96

I knew that Celeo wasn't loved by Werra but why did he kept him for so long?? Celeo lasted only two albums (Temoignage and Sous-Sol) plus Primus Generique with Kene and Roi David and then left or got kicked out by Werra don't rember it, in Europe blogs they used to say he got fired but people from Kin said that he cheated Werra since he couldn't understand that Werra took Brigade, sensing a Bill Clinton 2's situation and furthermore not liking Brigade because of their common ex girlfriend Mimi Chikeva mother of Brandon Avatar which strangely sings exactly like Brigade lol, by the way if you check the live version of Sous-Sol
(which by the way had over 2 million views but unfortunately got deleted)
You can see Celeo being very present in every of the atalaku space "fighting" with Roi David joking with Prince and if I don't go wrong even playing with Brigade, you can feel that he wanted to make his leadership strong.
You can sense Celeo wasn't that important to Werra by checking the Alerts General CD Cover where Werra took Roi David like a baby and sponsoring him like they did with Ko Yimbi Ko

Werrason kept Celeo because the succes of Solola Bien and because he worked very hard. Werrason saw Celeo as a treat,because he started to have contacts with Moise Katumbi Champwe and Vital Kamerhe.With his staff gossiping to him that he was adanger,because it looked like he was competiting with him, since that he was getting expensive cars (he had a Rolls Royce at that time if im right) with also the problem that Heritier, Flamme & him were against the recording of the world album Simply the Best of vol. 1 (Sans Poto), which made Werrason sent Linda & Gisele disrepecting him with him being present, but not reacting. In his last concert at Savigny Le Tempete, he fought with Sankara, who was insulting him with Blaise Element. Then he they left him without passeport in France. Celeo talking about that in the media made his situation worser.
Celeo decided to return back to Congo with the help of the Congolese embassadie in the hope to be accepted back in the band, but it didn't happen, so he left. With Maison-Mere's camp claiming that he left, because he was scared of Brigade, which wasn't true.

Kene-Kene left because he wasn't getting alot of space in the band after that Brigade and Prince joined. Then he was left behind in Kinshasa. Koffi wanted to get him in Quartier Latin. He accepted then he offer, but you know how crazy Maison Mere-fans are hahahahaha. So he didn't finally join Maison Mere and started his solo-career.

Roi David decided to stay in France, after that he heard that his wife went away with all the money and furniture of his house and he agreed with Werrason he would stay in Europe. I remember how Werrason jocked about it and saying that he wouldn't have somebody to cook some "mbadi of Bandundu for him. Then Didier Lacoste invited him to animate on his generic, but those crazy Maison Mere threatened him very bad when he came to studio Marcadet with him running away and them following. They scared him alot, which made him say that he would never do session work, but he accepted Calugi's offer who was idol.

Wenge1995 #28 on: February 20, 2018, 22:44

• View Profile
@mvulusi96

I suppose the only person in Maison Mere who doesn't have a story of business or personal polemic is Papy Kakol and maybe Heriter! ????

Who do you think was better qualified to be leader of Les Marquis de Masion Mere? Such a promising offshoot band, but apparently all the founding members were vying for that leadership position.

In my opinion, JDT was always the best choice for leader. After all, wasn't the whole idea his when they first had problems with Werrason during the tour for Solola Bien?

It was tough watching those London concerts of Masion Mere in 2004, because you could tell that the whole group was on the verge of a split.

Sometimes I wonder if Werrason regretted those underhanded tricks that broke apart such a talented group. I gave him a pass the first time around with Wenge 4X4, but this split seemed a direct result of greed and reckles self-ambition.

Btw, whatever happened to Christian Mabanga and Michael Tshendu? I was surprised how that young boy got a song placed on the first Masion Mere album before Ferre Gola, Gola had been by Werrason's side since Pentagone.

I'm just surprised Michael Tshendu never went on to do more with the group, he was a promising vocalist, had style, and could dance but he just vanished.

mvulusi96 #29 on: February 20, 2018, 23:57

Christian Mabanga lives in Canada.

Michael Tshendu stayed in Europe after that tour of 1999. He had to release an album in 1999, but I don't of they ever released it. I was seeing him alot on French tv-channels in 2008 and 2009 and heard him on a compilation-disc with French stars. But I don't know where he's now.