Author Topic: Bendoson is right. There to much faux guitarists now  (Read 1332 times)

Mfumu Vata on: November 27, 2022, 21:32

• View Profile

Only Makelele in the ears like Burkina Faso said last time

CM PRINCE #1 on: November 27, 2022, 21:43

• View Profile
True and it annoys me how most nowadays try to play like flamme and just play too fast in generiques.

Sydo #2 on: November 28, 2022, 09:46

• View Profile
    • YouTube
True and it annoys me how most nowadays try to play like flamme and just play too fast in generiques.

They seem to think that playing fast and complicated riffs makes them cooler
Formerly Musiquezairoise

BercysFinest98 #3 on: November 28, 2022, 10:24

• View Profile

archos #4 on: November 28, 2022, 18:07

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
i think its because of the leaders,nowadays leaders are at the mixing table too easily,and take too much authority in artistic direction they work with engineers who for most are not as experienced in congolese music as phillipe guez jean marc dela vallee herve marignac and guys like that if they are not with lenny or kabangu ,and its obviously quicker to them to do programmed songs with barely any audible guitars,than to rehearse for months songs with chorus harmony arrangement and all that,they'd rather be fxxing around their hundreds of sidekicks and chilling than give the absolute priority to intense recording process
many albums have been done the leader is there like 10 per cent of the time in kinshasa,then he'd go record his voice in europe and call  caen madoka or mbetenge for the odd correction here and there,a part from those they fully record with them there
then the other fault its the fans,i will be brutally honest,this is by far the least music oriented i have ever seen from congolese music fans,all what matters today is is it succesful or not,i will not be surprised AT ALL if one day we get an album with off tune guitars and singers but getting mad success because of the author

SLK97 #5 on: November 28, 2022, 20:10

• View Profile
If we do get an album with annoying, out-of-tune guitars, you're right in that most fans will eat it up because of the artist (or despite the artist, could go either way) but a vocal minority will be like 'oh eza album ya ba faux chanteurs, ba faux guitaristes, ya faux groupe, nayokaki muziki te, ba melodies te, 100% makelele'. Something has to change before this nightmare happens. How about bringing the folkloric roots back to the music rather than biting off the Kapaya effect? At least back then, guitarists had their own touch.

Monsieur Congo #6 on: November 28, 2022, 20:32

• View Profile
If we do get an album with annoying, out-of-tune guitars, you're right in that most fans will eat it up because of the artist (or despite the artist, could go either way) but a vocal minority will be like 'oh eza album ya ba faux chanteurs, ba faux guitaristes, ya faux groupe, nayokaki muziki te, ba melodies te, 100% makelele'. Something has to change before this nightmare happens. How about bringing the folkloric roots back to the music rather than biting off the Kapaya effect? At least back then, guitarists had their own touch.

You’re correct

archos #7 on: November 28, 2022, 21:52

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

for example this song if it was in 2022 would be a keyboard rumba with weaker chorus and a slight accoustic at the change of rythm which would be quickly "swallowed" by the keyboard sounds,and a full individual greedy bandleader lead till the end instead of being a lively team work from the first second to the sebene till the end

Congomusiclover001 #8 on: December 01, 2022, 19:50

• View Profile
Basically, Flamme Kapaya has influenced congolese music with a resounding impact