Author Topic: Who is the guy next to Montana  (Read 652 times)

Congomusiclover001 on: February 18, 2023, 14:47

• View Profile
Was this Defao's full band? I know Montana Kamenga and Kabose Bulembi, and Theo Mbala. Who is the other guy and did his career take of? and who was
the soloist?

By the way, the Late Defao was a very good dancer. He carried this crowd along.

Manzambi94 #1 on: February 18, 2023, 15:01

• View Profile
Was this Defao's full band? I know Montana Kamenga and Kabose Bulembi, and Theo Mbala. Who is the other guy and did his career take of? and who was
the soloist?

By the way, the Late Defao was a very good dancer. He carried this crowd along.

Yes I agree, it is probably the best "fat" dancer I have ever seen in Congolese music, I don't remember Pepe Kalle dancing much, but I have to say JB also can dance well despite his weight, but yes Defao could dance really well throughout his life, tbh Congolese music is full of "Fat" tall, or big guys who can dance effortlessly despite their size for example if you see JDL dance (The tall guy who is one of the chef along with Rio and Kibens)  you would think is 10 cm shorter

Mfumu Vata #2 on: February 18, 2023, 21:12

• View Profile
The name of the solist is Nzau

The guy dancing next to Montana Kamenga is Jirbo Ntuta. When Defao was busy with touring in USA, he brought Jirbo Ntuta last minute in, because of the tensions within his band (wanting to have someone to support him) and some musicians already having left Big Stars in Canada because of anger. When Big Stars disbanded in Switerland, Jirbo went back to US and teamed up with Soukous Stars. He toured several times with them in the US and also recorded some albums.

After that he went to Kinshasa to form his own band Maison Blanche having 4 coups (aka Pepic Mbasu) as atalaku, the guy who animated the mbasi cri in koffi's generique swi

After that I don't know happened to him. But it looks like he got deported from the US. After some years he tried to relaunch his music-career in Mozambique.

He came to Paris two years ago to finish his album. I don't know if it already got out. He released last year a single with Didier Lacoste. He also made an interview with Teddy Mola about his time in Big Stars

Congomusiclover001 #3 on: February 20, 2023, 16:49

• View Profile
Thank you for the rundown. This goes to tell you that making it in Congolese music is not easy. If it's not in your stars to shine, it might just not happen.

The name of the solist is Nzau

The guy dancing next to Montana Kamenga is Jirbo Ntuta. When Defao was busy with touring in USA, he brought Jirbo Ntuta last minute in, because of the tensions within his band (wanting to have someone to support him) and some musicians already having left Big Stars in Canada because of anger. When Big Stars disbanded in Switerland, Jirbo went back to US and teamed up with Soukous Stars. He toured several times with them in the US and also recorded some albums.

After that he went to Kinshasa to form his own band Maison Blanche having 4 coups (aka Pepic Mbasu) as atalaku, the guy who animated the mbasi cri in koffi's generique swi

After that I don't know happened to him. But it looks like he got deported from the US. After some years he tried to relaunch his music-career in Mozambique.

He came to Paris two years ago to finish his album. I don't know if it already got out. He released last year a single with Didier Lacoste. He also made an interview with Teddy Mola about his time in Big Stars