Author Topic: Does anyone have the full biography of Lutchiana Mobulu  (Read 4091 times)

Drumstar98 on: March 07, 2020, 22:13

• View Profile
I've just listened to Lutchiana album Chiffre Unique released in 1995 it's a good album which was influenced by Empire Bakuba and Zaiko Langa Langa I just want to learn more about his career and his events.

Longbluesquid #1 on: March 08, 2020, 03:17

• View Profile
I haven’t heard him in a long long time.

NuggetsMusic #2 on: January 18, 2022, 21:47

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFucaxclX4peMkKZT
    • View Profile
    • Nuggets Music - Youtube Channel
This is the best bio I have found.

Nuggets Music

---
Lutchiana Mobulu started his career as a singer in the 1980s, a first solo album came out in 1989. He was then accompanied by Empire Bakuba, but later he created his own band, Orchestre Karawa Musica.

His 1992 album « Foulalé » was quite a big hit on African dance floors. Especially when on its track « Eki Bis », the Atalaku shouts cent - cent - cent pourcent! (which is French for 100%). It became his trade mark ever since.

In the following years, he recorded several albums, both solo and with Orchestre Karawa Musica.
Lutchiana currently lives in Angola.
---
https://www.musiques-afrique.net/rdc/art-lutchiana.html

Mfumu Vata #3 on: January 18, 2022, 22:30

• View Profile
They forgot to mention that he used to be a dancer of Viva La Musica along with Petit Makambo in the early 80s. Back then he had a different name. He took first the name Luciana when he started his  singing-career in Europe, but it made Viva La Musica-singer Luciana Demingongo angry so he changed it in Lutchiana.

Karawa Musica is btw the name of the band that late Esperant Kisangani, Bipoli na Fulu (RIP), Aziza (RIP) and Julva created when leaving Viva La Musica 6 months after its creation. To return all one by one, after a few months back. I wonder if Bipoli wasn’t mad when seeing that Lutchiana took the name Karawa Musica.

Drumstar98 #4 on: January 18, 2022, 23:59

• View Profile
Someone told me his name used to be Petit Mobulu.

Mfumu Vata #5 on: January 19, 2022, 00:10

• View Profile
Yeah that was his name in Viva La Musica. You can see both guys dancing the moment Papa Wemba sung Ngonda at Tele Zaïre in 1981 and also when Viva La Musica performed Ceci Cela in 1983

Drumstar98 #6 on: January 19, 2022, 00:16

• View Profile
I know I've seen the videos of him dancing with Papa Wemba he said that Papa Wemba teaches him how to sing what is a mystery is Lutchiana disappeared once he settled in Angola.
What kind of trouble was he is doing just curious?

Longbluesquid #7 on: January 19, 2022, 13:15

• View Profile
Man lutchiana disappeared after the release of Chinia. Not sure why.

NuggetsMusic #8 on: January 19, 2022, 13:52

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFucaxclX4peMkKZT
    • View Profile
    • Nuggets Music - Youtube Channel
Thanks for the additional info. I'll lookup all these other bands!

Drumstar98 #9 on: January 19, 2022, 14:03

• View Profile
Man lutchiana disappeared after the release of Chinia. Not sure why.

Balayage was his last album the chinia he did not sing enough vocals he left Malage and Dindo do all the singing.

Bohemian Rhapsody #10 on: January 23, 2022, 21:13

• View Profile
I know I've seen the videos of him dancing with Papa Wemba he said that Papa Wemba teaches him how to sing what is a mystery is Lutchiana disappeared once he settled in Angola.
What kind of trouble was he is doing just curious?

After his band crumbled in Angola, he decided to focus on Kizomba Zouk music. Remember in the 80's and 90's, the Zouk wave also entered the Lusophone sphere as well, but also, you have musicians from Sao Tome e Principe; Guinea Bissau making Rumba Soukous due to Congolese virus, when the marketing was big in the 70's, 80's and 90's.

Lutchiana's best song to date is Ekibis. Nene Tchakou remixed Doris's solo superbly. Plus you can't forget the thunderous bass from Ngouma Lokito "le professor" in his prime!

Drumstar98 #11 on: January 23, 2022, 21:55

• View Profile
Any reason why the band crumbled? I know the late Micha Brown was in the band.

Mfumu Vata #12 on: January 23, 2022, 21:58

• View Profile