Author Topic: EXTRA MUSICA SPLIT  (Read 43128 times)

mvulusi96 #60 on: December 19, 2019, 22:38

You really think that those guys are naive to understand that each band has his own style, of course they know, they aren't minors. But you can't play the same style 20/25 years long. Its also not good to impose guitarists how to play, that will kill their development as guitarist and put the band in monotony. Just the way Nyoka Longo dictate his solists nowadays how play and stick to style Baroza (RIP)and Shiro Vuemba left.

Big bands like Viva La Musica and Victoria Eleison were often having 2/3 solists and 2 rhythm-players, just to have different styles of playing sebene and way to arrange songs, to avoid monotony, with each rhythm-player and solist having his own touch. For  Bongo Wende's style to play sebene is really different from that of Huit Kilo. Zaiko Langa Langa also used to opperate in that way, from the 70s until 1992, starting from then to stagnate. In the 70s they had Zamuangana and Teddy Sukami as rhythm players and Matima & Manuaku as solists, they were all play in different ways.

archos #61 on: December 21, 2019, 00:29

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

bondomania formerly of G7 universal zangul and generation universal replaced sonor on lead, i just knew roga would not allow an inexperienced soloist to take the role straight away like that with such a big list of songs
roga says to fans not to insult sonor and co and to help them if they see them in streets and that business relationship is dead but family remains(hopefully he really thinks it lol there is few things as doubtful as good words from artists at times),etats unis did not return with him so he will surely be along with zaparo with the sonor rama side,both are doing showcases in europe for the end of the year
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 14:25 by archos »

anastasio571 #62 on: December 21, 2019, 13:12

• View Profile

Reactions about the split

shamala #63 on: December 21, 2019, 13:51

• View Profile
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

Manzambi94 #64 on: December 21, 2019, 19:54

• View Profile

bondomania formerly of G7 universal zangul and generation universal replaced sonor on lead, i just knew roga would not allow an inexperienced soloist to take the role straight away like that with such a big list of songs
roga says to fans not to insult sonor and co and to help them if they see them in streets and that business relationship is dead but family remains(hopefully he really thinks it lol there is few things as doubtful as good words from artists at times),etats unis did not return with him so he will surely be along with zaparo with the sonor rama side,both are doing showcases in europe for the end of the year
Bondomania is an excellent soloist he is really skilled the only reason he is not known lile Roga Roga it is because G7 management was awful despite having great music. I hope Roga Roga will let him develop G7 Style instead of forcing his directions like.he did with Sonor. Anyway why Roga Roga always bring another soloist? Why doesn't he play alone?

anastasio571 #65 on: December 21, 2019, 20:06

• View Profile
Good example for Bondo Mania when he played Ecart like Roga did

At 4:28

At 5:00

archos #66 on: December 26, 2019, 15:51

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

RAV4 who had left roga's group after unfair suspension and missed out on 242 album and gone to form a band with arafat,returns
if arafat could return to replace zaparo it would be great,he is too talented to remain with no exposure like that
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 15:54 by archos »

mokosarkani #67 on: December 27, 2019, 04:40

• View Profile

RAV4 who had left roga's group after unfair suspension and missed out on 242 album and gone to form a band with arafat,returns
if arafat could return to replace zaparo it would be great,he is too talented to remain with no exposure like that

he has no choice but to let some of the old singers back. hopefully arafat comes back

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda #68 on: December 28, 2019, 05:50

• View Profile
Bringing back arafat is the best move....... That will save his career 50% or more

archos #69 on: December 28, 2019, 22:32

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

spot of first concert of the new group,with the return of zaparo from europe
ramatoulaye is such a low profile guy,he barely makes himself noticed in the video while he is THE legend of the group

SLK97 #70 on: December 28, 2019, 22:50

• View Profile
With all that's been happening, I've been wondering about the name ownership. Like, who owns the name Extra Musica in and of itself?

bencuri #71 on: December 28, 2019, 23:25

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I tell you what these guys could make themselves a competition for Roga for sure: if they would add the old singers to the group who can still sing well. Like Papy Bastin, Doudou Copa. Fans would go mad I am sure. Oxygéne himself is a trademark voice of the Extra sound as well. I am not sure though he still sings well.

When did Levyson join them by the way? It seems to me he is already present on the Primus clip that was shot at the time of Obligatoire.

archos #72 on: December 28, 2019, 23:45

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
levyson joined extra zangul when Z1 went to europe and he was left behind if i remember well in 2002/2003 then sang on primus as he was i believe he even participated a tiny little bit on obligatoire as he was a new member

Wenge1995 #73 on: December 29, 2019, 03:50

• View Profile
Levyson sang on every song of Obligatoire, except Doudou Copa's rhumba, Ruffin Boka, and one more...

archos #74 on: December 29, 2019, 09:13

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
oh yeah indeed i was having a doubt i have not listened to obligatoire for ages you are right he did sing a lot its fiston boko who did not sing a lot