Author Topic: To think this banger is already 15 years old  (Read 2918 times)

SLK97 on: December 20, 2019, 21:46

• View Profile

So I was listening to Alerte Generale, because I thought some bass lines were similar to Attentat's and I needed to be sure. As I kept listening, I realised that every instrument on it was on point. This has Flamme Kapaya's aggressive, fast-paced guitar playing, backed up by Thierry Mogratana's organ-sounding mi-solo and Polystar keeping it together on the rhythm. Then you have Michel Bass playing in a fashion that would make Lofombo smile in glee, Papy Kakol being as energetic as ever on the drums and Rubin Synthe playing danceable partitions that would rival that of Jeremy Kitubu and Theo Bidens.

Admittedly, Celeo's 'bako kende, bako zonga' cry was not enough to counter Bill Clinton's 'muziki ba koko wana, elala' cry on 7eme Lecon, but the overall energy from this Maison Mere unit and the introduction of the young Roi David was more than enough to make up for it. There was a reason you heard this at almost every Congolese party for the next few years. Werrason really had to prove to the public that he still had it after the split, and Alerte Generale was the statement that screamed 'We're not done yet!'

anastasio571 #1 on: December 20, 2019, 22:00

• View Profile
Not on the same level like Jeu Muke when Vieux Poly played Mi-Solo on Alerte Generale.

anastasio571 #2 on: December 20, 2019, 22:04

• View Profile

So I was listening to Alerte Generale, because I thought some bass lines were similar to Attentat's and I needed to be sure. As I kept listening, I realised that every instrument on it was on point. This has Flamme Kapaya's aggressive, fast-paced guitar playing, backed up by Thierry Mogratana's organ-sounding mi-solo and Polystar keeping it together on the rhythm. Then you have Michel Bass playing in a fashion that would make Lofombo smile in glee, Papy Kakol being as energetic as ever on the drums and Rubin Synthe playing danceable partitions that would rival that of Jeremy Kitubu and Theo Bidens.

Admittedly, Celeo's 'bako kende, bako zonga' cry was not enough to counter Bill Clinton's 'muziki ba koko wana, elala' cry on 7eme Lecon, but the overall energy from this Maison Mere unit and the introduction of the young Roi David was more than enough to make up for it. There was a reason you heard this at almost every Congolese party for the next few years. Werrason really had to prove to the public that he still had it after the split, and Alerte Generale was the statement that screamed 'We're not done yet!'

At 11:14 Werra was sooo... on the end.

anastasio571 #3 on: December 20, 2019, 22:04

• View Profile
This generic followed by Et Apres and Monde Arabe.

SLK97 #4 on: December 20, 2019, 22:18

• View Profile

Et Apres came out in the summer. Monde Arabe and Alerte Generale were released on the same week, if not the same day.

mvulusi96 #5 on: December 20, 2019, 22:34

Et Apres came out in the summer. Monde Arabe and Alerte Generale were released on the same week, if not the same day.

Alerte Générale came out in the first week November, while Monde Arabe was released on the December the 7th.

anastasio571 #6 on: December 21, 2019, 16:54

• View Profile

Alerte Générale came out in the first week November, while Monde Arabe was released on the December the 7th.

Even the same day when Alerte Generale came, Koffi went back to Paris to correct his vocals of Monde Arabe (it's already finished in July 2004).