Author Topic: CAN WE COME TO A GENTLEMAN’S AGREEMENT ON # OF NEW THREADS PER DAY BY MEMBER?  (Read 4324 times)

Matebu on: December 16, 2019, 02:44

• View Profile
Hate to be the one to bring this up, but I think we should have the discussion. Would it be possible for us to come to a gentleman’s agreement on the max number of new threads created by one member a day?

It’s getting to a point where I’m loosing track of active threads with dialogue each time I log on (yes I know about the watch thread feature, but it shouldn’t be necessary to use).

I’m thinking 5 a day per members; would like to hear your thoughts

Let’s keep this thread respectful of others

Wenge1995 #1 on: December 16, 2019, 03:25

• View Profile
Agreed, I was guilty of opening multiple threads but five is a dcent limit.

Longbluesquid #2 on: December 16, 2019, 05:33

• View Profile
Anytime there is something exciting honestly. I regularly check every few hours. I’m one of those social media addicts.

Congolitude #3 on: December 16, 2019, 07:45

• View Profile
Yes because it becomes unmanageable, I can't even find time to comment on certain subjects because of the too many posts

Cavalier Solitaire #4 on: December 16, 2019, 07:53

• View Profile
Agreed. The fewer the posts the more it makes it easier for those in the know to respond to the many questions from a lot of us who would want to get clarifications on a number of subject matters.

shamala #5 on: December 16, 2019, 08:17

• View Profile
It shows active membership, I have bookmarked the unread post. That way I can be up to date.
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

Manzambi94 #6 on: December 16, 2019, 09:22

• View Profile
Hate to be the one to bring this up, but I think we should have the discussion. Would it be possible for us to come to a gentleman’s agreement on the max number of new threads created by one member a day?

It’s getting to a point where I’m loosing track of active threads with dialogue each time I log on (yes I know about the watch thread feature, but it shouldn’t be necessary to use).

I’m thinking 5 a day per members; would like to hear your thoughts

Let’s keep this thread respectful of others
Just say the name: Amastasio571.
I think that sometimes new members wants to speed up their pace and show everybodu how good they are in Comgolese music history. I dom't think we should limit posts much

princesab #7 on: December 16, 2019, 09:30

• View Profile
Let's Not Limit AT ALL.

One can have 3 releases from 3 different artists and over 8 news and new topics.. Limiting will just imply their posts are No value hence discouraging them..

I have noticed at some instances Archos stating he wanted to posted something that someone else just posted... this shows us that people want us to have latest news..

JV “Lone Ranger” #8 on: December 16, 2019, 10:50

• View Profile
Nah mate, let people have the freedom to post as much as they want. It’s up to each individual to decide to follow a thread or not

anastasio571 #9 on: December 16, 2019, 16:54

• View Profile
Now Bencuri said to me on my e-mail that everybody posted 5 topics but not more because of...

Now i agreed his reaction.

bencuri #10 on: December 16, 2019, 22:24

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Now Bencuri said to me on my e-mail that everybody posted 5 topics but not more because of...

Now i agreed his reaction.

This rule was actually created exclusively for you, because you are the one who is postig ten or more new topics per day, that is flooding the forum and taking space from others. But don't take it as an assault, you didn't notice this, it's fine, if you feel like you would like to write, just write, but you have to respect others as well. Follow the guidelines I sent you in private message, and it will be just fine. It is a new situation, we have to manage it somehow.

BercysFinest98 #11 on: December 16, 2019, 22:47

• View Profile
I know who this is about... (Okay. I see you already mentioned him so ummm. no tension) ;D

bencuri #12 on: December 16, 2019, 22:50

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Okay guys, just to let you know what is going on in the background between me and anastasio:

I have already noticed days ago that the amount of topics anastasio is opening per day will flood the forum. I started discussing this with him in PM, he didn't notice until now, but he replied me just today, and I hope now I can sort this out with him. I asked him not to open 5 new topics per day in the Cogolese Music section, but this is a rule that refers only to him. Just because others members usually don't open so many topics per day that floods the forum.  Anyway I suggested to him that I open a blog section dedicated to him, where he can post as many things as he wants if he feels like, and it won't disturb others in the main music section.

Apart from this, let's talk about new topics amount in the forum as general:

I feel the amount has been fine so far, and this became only a problem now as anastasio joined us. I will find a solution for him, but if you feel this new topic amount was a problem even before, here is what I can do on the technical side:

1. I can further segment the main Congolese Music section to even more subsections, where only revelant topics can be opened. Like: Albums, News, etc. If you would like to go this direction, Please recommend subsection category titles for me, and I create those sections for you, that way new topics won't disappear so fast.

2. I can also install a button where you can see a listing of topics in an order of the time of their opening, so you don't miss anything. Or at least try, will have to check first if the coding allows this.

3. Limiting new topic amounts per day is a solution, but at the moment the coding of the forum does not allow this. I can put limits on people, but only in terms of posts, so this will limit replying abilities as well of members, that would be useless. This doesn't mean however that in case I or DJ Sly asks someone to try to post less to keep things in order, should not follow our guidelines,

So feel free to post your feedback here, let me know, and we change things accordigly. But until further notice, noone is limited, only anastasio, but with him, I am discussing this anyway in PM.

And let me emphasize again, anastasio should not take it as an assault, I don't mind if he wants to open lots of topics, but he will have to wait with that until we find a solution for him. He is welcomed here like anybody else and I am glad if he has subjects to discuss.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 22:52 by bencuri »