Author Topic: KOFFI OLOMIDE LAMENTS ELECTRICITY PROBLEMS IN STUDIO  (Read 6223 times)

archos on: April 02, 2014, 08:03

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

he says for once he prefers saying in lingala rather than french like in most videos because its a bit embarassing for him as a congolese to let people from other countries know one of our biggest weakness,he has to waiit in studio for several hours until it comes back or until they find another power supply solution
apart from that,as usual there is a hint about cindy and her 32nd birthday which is in april and which koffi lables a very special day for him
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 12:49 by DJ SLY »

Ken Bilele #1 on: April 02, 2014, 08:21

• View Profile
Its a shame that power is still a big problem in Africa especially there in Congo I may call it a crisis. Why would these big stars just get some serious power generators to rely on? I believe they have enough money. archos What happened to Koffi's new production house? I thought he may have used it for his new album.

archos #2 on: April 02, 2014, 08:40

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
Its a shame that power is still a big problem in Africa especially there in Congo I may call it a crisis. Why would these big stars just get some serious power generators to rely on? I believe they have enough money. archos What happened to Koffi's new production house? I thought he may have used it for his new album.

power is a absolutely massive problem in both congos especially since all the trouble those two countries have been in from the 1990s, i think power problems is the reason ferre and fally record most of their album in europe then  the parts of their musicians in kinshasa
 koffi's production house will start soon and will produce cindy's album after koffi's and the production house will be under koffi's elder brother johnny responsability
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 08:55 by archos »

Ken Bilele #3 on: April 02, 2014, 08:51

• View Profile

power is a absolutely massive problem in both congos especially since all the trouble those two countries have been in from the 1990s, i think power problems is the reason ferre and fally record most of their album in europe then  the parts of their musicians in kinshasa
 koffri's production house will start soon and will produce cindy's album after koffi's and the production house will be under koffi's elder brother johnny responsability

thank you archos

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #4 on: April 02, 2014, 12:54

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Like Ken says, these musicians should not be having such stupid problems. The cars they drive and give to girls could get them good studios and power generators, they don't have to sit around and wait for power to come back.

There is a critical problem in the whole of southern, central and parts of west Africa where power is concerned so load shedding is the order of the day. In the case of my country Zambia, the problem is that our govt  has not developed power stations ever since colonialists built the old structures that exist, they only starting rehabilitating the old structures after realising the crisis that was in store for the nation.
LE BIG BOSS

archos #5 on: April 02, 2014, 12:59

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
they do not have those problems at home lol but  its studio ndiaye's generator which is not good enough anymore
koffi could go to other studios but he is so used to ndiaye and working with jp kys

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #6 on: April 02, 2014, 13:37

• Administrator
    • View Profile
they do not have those problems at home lol but  its studio ndiaye's generator which is not good enough anymore
koffi could go to other studios but he is so used to ndiaye and working with jp kys
My point is that these guys are capable of building 5 Ndiayes, each, why they keep going to the dilapidated Ndiaye studios is because JP Kys is the best sound engineer in Congo but I don't think it's impossible for koffi to hire JP Kys to train his own sound engineer,it is possible JP Kys to record at Koffi's studio in his private time. I have a few concert dvd's of Koffi where JP Kys is the sound engineer so if JP Kys can be in charge of sound at a koffi concert then he has time to record at Koffi's private studio.

I have so much respect for these musicians as indviduals but it is very clear that none of them are really intelligent and business minded, the worst is JB Mpiana!!! I see him to be very lazy where the entertainment business is concerned,he's complacent that's why am waiting for your article to see what you've said about his business acumen.
LE BIG BOSS

archos #7 on: April 02, 2014, 14:05

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
yes,but you know their problem is that they consider its not their job to build studios,its government and businessmen's job
and the fact there are now 7/8 decent studios in kinshasa makes it easier for them not to have their own studios

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #8 on: April 02, 2014, 14:19

• Administrator
    • View Profile
yes,but you know their problem is that they consider its not their job to build studios,its government and businessmen's job
and the fact there are now 7/8 decent studios in kinshasa makes it easier for them not to have their own studios
That's where they go wrong. It's not govt or businessmen's job to build studios, even musicians are businessmen, they sell a product which is entertainment. In order to maximise on profit, mega stars like Koffi,JB etc need to look at the bigger picture, imagine if JB Mpiana has a studio with all facilities with a standby generator which switches on automatically when the Congolese power company cuts of power during load shedding. These musicians would make money by running the studios themselves because real businessmen do not see music production as a viable venture so only a few will want to invest in music therefore it's up to the artists themselves especially filthy rich ones like Koffi, Fally and others to build those studios and art and music colleges.
LE BIG BOSS

Jdog #9 on: April 02, 2014, 16:22

• View Profile
You would think that with all that money they spend on cars that would at least buy some decent generators for the studio.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa