Author Topic: If QL never existed do you think Koffi would be as big as he is today?  (Read 8296 times)

congo-243 on: June 06, 2020, 18:36

• View Profile
Because I absolutely don't think so, but everyone on Twitter say otherwise. What's y'all take on that one?

archos #1 on: June 06, 2020, 18:48

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
i disagree with them,although koffi as a solo artist backed by various members of proven bands was super talented and already rising quartier latin brought a different dimension to his game especially as the secret of his longevity is that he follows every trend while others of his age are more "like nahh i am too old for that "
 and part of it was with his different generations of quartier latin,no singer has ever and will ever i think go 40 years straight being a competitive star being a solo singer at some point people will get bored 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 18:50 by archos »

congo-243 #2 on: June 06, 2020, 18:58

• View Profile
i disagree with them,although koffi as a solo artist backed by various members of proven bands was super talented and already rising quartier latin brought a different dimension to his game especially as the secret of his longevity is that he follows every trend while others of his age are more "like nahh i am too old for that "
 and part of it was with his different generations of quartier latin,no singer has ever and will ever i think go 40 years straight being a competitive star being a solo singer at some point people will get bored
Agreed. I think that goes for Werra, Wemba, and others too.

CM PRINCE #3 on: June 06, 2020, 18:58

• View Profile
Werra let’s be honest without the first team he’d have not been who he is today let’s not kid ourselves

CM PRINCE #4 on: June 06, 2020, 19:01

• View Profile

Franco Pepe Kalle #6 on: June 06, 2020, 19:39

• View Profile
I would say no. However it was Papa Wemba that helped get Koffi Olomide exposed. Papa Wemba gave Koffi the boost that he needed before he would able to get with others.

Koffi Olomide would be a big star because I am sure that he would have done more duets with Papa Wemba, Bozi Boziana, Kester Emeneya, Reddy Amisi, Rigo Star and Fafa de Molokai (rip). I also think that if Quartier Latin had not existed, Koffi would have had a better relationship with Papa Wemba in my honest opinion.

JV “Lone Ranger” #7 on: June 06, 2020, 19:42

• View Profile
Nah Koffi would of been big regardless but same can’t be said for Werra...likemba!

CM PRINCE #8 on: June 06, 2020, 19:53

• View Profile
Nah Koffi would of been big regardless but same can’t be said for Werra...likemba!
I've gotta agree Koffi released bangers before QL and Solo albums itself

Matebu #9 on: June 06, 2020, 20:25

• View Profile

I’ve been listening to the EPs “Henriquet” and “Elle et Moi” today where it’s basically all him with Rigo Star and Manu Lima supporting him on instrumentals. Absolutely brillant and some his best works to date. Those EPs made him a superstar long before QL became an institution

Manzambi94 #10 on: June 06, 2020, 20:57

• View Profile

Bro. Werra can't sing this is why he was giving this much space to Bill and Singers because they could make him look better as the "Grand formateur" how many people cherish Werrason for how good he can sing the way they do with Ferre or other artists? It is a shame that Werra cannot teach himself what he has thought others for so long (Singing).
The problem is that without Heritier, Ferre especially Bill and Celeo (because yes rhumba is good but except Ferre Generiques get always more results than rhumbas) so no Werra would not be like this but he would be like Manda Chante or Marie Paul

JV “Lone Ranger” #11 on: June 06, 2020, 21:16

• View Profile

Bro. Werra can't sing this is why he was giving this much space to Bill and Singers because they could make him look better as the "Grand formateur" how many people cherish Werrason for how good he can sing the way they do with Ferre or other artists? It is a shame that Werra cannot teach himself what he has thought others for so long (Singing).
The problem is that without Heritier, Ferre especially Bill and Celeo (because yes rhumba is good but except Ferre Generiques get always more results than rhumbas) so no Werra would not be like this but he would be like Manda Chante or Marie Paul
Harsh but facts lol

SLK97 #12 on: June 06, 2020, 21:18

• View Profile
I think Koffi still would've made it big, some of his late 80s records were successful in Kin and Europe. But if it weren't for QL, he might not have elevated himself to another level.

JV “Lone Ranger” #13 on: June 06, 2020, 21:19

• View Profile

I’ve been listening to the EPs “Henriquet” and “Elle et Moi” today where it’s basically all him with Rigo Star and Manu Lima supporting him on instrumentals. Absolutely brillant and some his best works to date. Those EPs made him a superstar long before QL became an institution

I grow up listening to Koffi's songs before he created QL, because my mother was a big fan and that's all she listened to. The man is just pure genius.

CM PRINCE #14 on: June 06, 2020, 21:42

• View Profile

I grow up listening to Koffi's songs before he created QL, because my mother was a big fan and that's all she listened to. The man is just pure genius.
Yeah Koffi doesn’t get the credit he rightfully deserves his early work before QL is just beautiful.