Author Topic: Papa Wemba Collapses on Stage in Abidjan?  (Read 18450 times)

Nyumu Wa Mukiti #30 on: April 25, 2016, 07:02

• View Profile

Roméo Seben #31 on: April 25, 2016, 07:39

• View Profile

Matebu #32 on: April 25, 2016, 07:58

• View Profile
Someone passes out and see how many ppl surrounded him? They even got him up??wat if it was just a lack of blood activities in his brain?

I'm no expert, but the cause appears to be cardiovascular.

I was actually reading a thesis which states that singing begins to have significant adverse effects on the heart of men as they age, which is why so many musical artists pass on in their 40s, 50s and 60s. I just wonder if others are conscious of this occurence and taking necessary precautions.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 08:02 by Matebu5 »

archos #33 on: April 25, 2016, 11:08

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
jb mpiana's tribute message(translated)

words can not express the intense feeling of sadness i have at the moment,congo africa and may i say the whole world has just lost one of the best artists of its history the great "mzee papa wemba", and with deep sorrow i have to accept this bad news
 papa wemba was for me an elder brother somebody who always had advice for me in good and bad moments of my life and career
as you all know it,papa was is and will always remain my idol  and role  model,if i did not dream about following his footsteps i would not be who i am today
its an hearbreaking moment for him and i feel like its a good part of my life which is gone forever
thanks papa for everything you have done for me,thanks for everything you have done for us
thanks for what you have done for our culture,you will be remembered forever in our heads and our hearts
now that you have gone, i am left alone(cavalier solitaire)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 12:07 by archos »

Toolz #34 on: April 25, 2016, 11:49

• View Profile
SAD!!! When you want to know those who have contributed to life and humanity positively, this is how to know them. The whole world is talking about him right now.The world has lost a rare gem and he is irreplaceable.Papa Wemba will be missed greatly. This goes beyond just making music.
I hope the polemique warlords would learn from this man's demise and learn that what matters in the end is the lives you have touched positively not the ones you destroyed.
However powerful and untouchable we might think we are, death would come knocking someday and there it ends.

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #35 on: April 25, 2016, 14:07

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I hope the polemique warlords would learn from this man's demise and learn that what matters in the end is the lives you have touched positively not the ones you destroyed.
Indeed, Celeo Scram has already apologised to Fally,Koffi and others he always wants to diss and said it's a wake up call,we can  all go anytime so best to leave behind a good name. He looked really shaken in an interview.
LE BIG BOSS

Toolz #36 on: April 25, 2016, 17:13

• View Profile
"Indeed, Celeo Scram has already apologised to Fally,Koffi and others he always wants to diss and said it's a wake up call,we can all go anytime so best to leave behind a good name." 

Love is all we need; love can melt a heart of stone; love is what would judge us in the end.

Congomusiclover001 #37 on: April 25, 2016, 17:13

• View Profile
I'm just going to leave these here. There will never be two Papa Wembas.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 17:23 by Congomusiclover001 »

BG-ground #38 on: April 26, 2016, 20:47

• View Profile
Man, saw Ya Jossart's interview today.. And I really felt bad! Among the original band Zaiko members only him and Pepe Felly left(Mavuela, Evoloko,Gina, Bapius and Meridjo came later).. And u look how many of his colleagues he seen passing away(DV Moanda,Teddy Sukami, Matima, Shekedan, Sonnerie, Enoch Zamuangana, Shiro Shiro,Alpha Kopeya, Boanga Omela Toko, Baroza, Dindo Yogo,Lofanga,Petit Aziza,Ilo Pablo, Mashakado,Vieu Ombale Bimi, Likinga, Ya Lengos etc...) it's just too much for him