Author Topic: A Few Photos from Occasions a Friend and I were invited to Wemba's Residence  (Read 5394 times)

Matebu on: April 24, 2016, 16:40

• View Profile
Papa Wemba is among the nicest people I've met and his memory of people was impeccable. Very humble and lively. Also very intelligent and philosophical.

It's hard to wrap my head around how influential of an individual he was/is. Not only does he have countless albums and featurings, he enabled many young aspiring artists to become stars in their own right. Then there's his trailblazing fashion and the way he exuded confidence, which inspired so many. Say what you will about the effects of la SAPE; the movement is just as closely followed as it was close to 40 years ago.

Jdog #1 on: April 24, 2016, 18:36

• View Profile
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Matebu #2 on: April 24, 2016, 19:28

• View Profile
Yes, a very tastefully designed and decorated home. What was most amazing was the sheer amount of trophies and honors found in just about every room.

Unfortunately it may all go to shambles with an estate division crisis looming.

He most cherished possession was his silver Rover 75, which he parked out front and center. He absolutely adored talking about it and using it as his everyday car.

Toolz #3 on: April 24, 2016, 19:55

• View Profile
Did he have children from other women aside from his legal wife...or why will their be estate sharing problem? Then,I don't expect someone like him not to have a written will.

Matebu #4 on: April 24, 2016, 20:00

• View Profile
Did he have children from other women aside from his legal wife...or why will their be estate sharing problem? Then,I don't expect someone like him not to have a written will.

Numbers may vary depending on who you ask, but according to Wemba himself he has 32 children, from different women of course.

One of his children's mother is Mamie Ilela, who apeared to holding back emotions on her program today.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 20:05 by Matebu5 »

Toolz #5 on: April 24, 2016, 20:04

• View Profile
Awwwww....wow! I feel for them all. May God give them the fortitude to bear the loss.

archos #6 on: April 24, 2016, 20:20

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
yeah must be tough for her to present a show when the father of one of your children has gone,and the more i am seeing videos the more i believe there is something prophetic around papa's death,himself kept talking about death in his last interviews and just saw one he did  with an ivorian journalist where he said sometimes on stage he felt like  he was gliding and said that sometimes he says to himself it would be a nice death to die in front of his fans doing what he loves most
I have a special thought for manda chante who was waiting on papa to come back to kin and do clip of their feat,and reddy who literally hang up the phone suddenly when a journalist called him for an interview because he could not stop crying
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 20:25 by archos »