Author Topic: Zairian life in Europe in 1992 Special  (Read 5051 times)

Franco Pepe Kalle on: July 31, 2018, 19:20

• View Profile

Matebu #1 on: July 31, 2018, 19:52

• View Profile
Thanks, been looking for this. Saw this on my uncle's VHS recording many years ago

archos #2 on: July 31, 2018, 21:04

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 malolo's voice always got me smiling :D :D :D a very original voice she has

Matebu #3 on: August 01, 2018, 04:00

• View Profile
Definitely worth a watch, as many of the folks you heard in songs are featured.  A few notes: Wemba had diaspora culture in the palm of his hands. Pretty remarkable 

Kiekie, every Congolese in Europe had the “Tyson” haircut at the time. Back then lots of artists were “seeing” Loris La Congolaise and sing about her, aka Mère Malou’s assistant. Not hard to see why.

What bothers me was all of those sapeurs were thieves and they ruined the reputation of hard work Congolese to this day. Each interaction with white people, you can tell they don’t take them seriously

Vieux Bokul with the super super high-waisted pants (36:10) RIP. I thought Maître Poison was Koffi at first with the cap and jacket style Koffi wore then ;D ;D

lmao, at the white people who arrived on time asking for a refund and complaining that the concert should've started 2 hours ago...

Matebu #4 on: August 01, 2018, 06:35

• View Profile
malolo's voice always got me smiling :D :D :D a very original voice she has

She went from natural looks.. to yikes. Sad

mvulusi96 #5 on: August 01, 2018, 21:04

Where’s Kokar Masakuba now? He wasn’t really active during those golden years 1999-2002, like he used to be in the 80’s and 90’s.

For people who doesn’t know he was the one who brought Wenge 4x4 to Europe in 1990 for the first time. He was the executive producer of Kin E Bouge. He organised Koffi’s show at Olympiaplein 1998. He is apprently also one of the people who blocked Wenge Maison Mere to not enter the Schengen-Areaz

mvulusi96 #6 on: August 01, 2018, 21:14

Aah José Fakati. He’s a cool guy.

Back in those days was almost impossible to play in a packed Madeleine. Only Viva La Musica was able to do that in those years. Back in those days you didn’t had alot of Congolese people like now. But people didn’t really care about those “pleins” then.Wenge Maison Mere came with that.

jeantwatwa #7 on: August 02, 2018, 17:49

• View Profile
is Loris La Congolaise an actual person, if, so whats the story behind her or it ? thanks in advance

Matebu #8 on: August 02, 2018, 17:55

• View Profile
is Loris La Congolaise an actual person, if, so whats the story behind her or it ? thanks in advance

Yeah, she’s right besides Mère Malou (RIP) throughout the video. She came to Europe to the late 80’s and became Malou’s assistant after. Back then she slept with lots of artists and they would sing about her in songs, particularly Viva. She became a local femme d’entreprise later on.

Nowadays she bleaches too much (video i posted above) so the natural beauty that made her famous isn’t there anymore

mvulusi96 #9 on: August 02, 2018, 18:06

Her real name is Loris Eboule. She comes from Congo Brazzaville, hence why everybody was calling her then La Congolaise since that DR Congo was Zaïre in that era.

Congolese musicians liked because of her big ....... with some calling her femme sociale, etc. lol.

Matebu #10 on: August 02, 2018, 18:13

• View Profile
lol, a great song dedicated to her by Reddy

mvulusi96 #11 on: August 02, 2018, 18:48

It was not easy to be Mere Malou’s assistant or petite. I know some who hate because of the experience with her and some who were even jailed. Most of them thought that she was very rich and had another image of her when they were living in Kinshasa, but it turned all in a deception when they came to Paris and were looking a way to be accepted by her. The same who looked to become close to Shaguy Sharoufa.

Matebu #12 on: August 03, 2018, 02:38

• View Profile
Question: was Mère Malou a wife of Wemba's like Mère Shaguy? I've always found Mère Malou's obsession with Wemba to be way beyond normal.

mvulusi96 #13 on: August 03, 2018, 06:04

I don’t know since that he didn’t present her like his second/third wife like he did with Sharufa, Toutou Kamuke, Omanga, Mère Suprieure, Dodo Mpela and Julie Maningo.