Author Topic: Papa Wemba & Nouvelle Écriture - Zénith 1999 Live CD  (Read 4594 times)

congo-243 on: April 04, 2021, 02:02

• View Profile

Mfumu Vata #1 on: April 04, 2021, 02:10

• View Profile
No I’m dreaming. I need to wake up first
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 02:13 by Mfumu Vata »

Mfumu Vata #2 on: April 04, 2021, 02:11

• View Profile
Oza Champion. Magic Collection *Wemba voice

Does the cd have a booklet and how does the backsleeve look like ? I will listen to it tomorrow. Happy Easter
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 02:14 by Mfumu Vata »

Mfumu Vata #3 on: April 04, 2021, 11:23

• View Profile
I hate it when they add mabanga in the studio for live concerts. Alpatchino didnt insert animation in 'L songs like the way he was doing in Kin.

It's sad that they only put the songs of Nouvelle Ecriture on the CD and not those of Viva La Musica "Cour des Grands"
who also performed that day, Le Quatro and Molokai. I can't judge the concert because I haven't seen volume 2 on VHS,
but I looks like Nouvelle Ecriture's part is missing power compared to that of Viva La Musica "Cour des Grands".
Hearing the disc it's like they were giving a normal concert at LSC or maybe it's due to Maradona already being
tired (having rehearsed the whole concert with Nouvelle Ecriture the same morning) and them missing cohesion with him
because of Maradona staying in Europe after the tour of 1998. They had to bring Deo Sfr who prepared the whole show in Kinshasa
instead of giving the favor to a ngulu. The snare drum wasn't tuned well. The Zenith of 2000 with the Fioti Fioti's the by far
better. I see now why Papa Wemba decided to give Viva La Musica "Cour des Grands" a second chance by letting them perform
by themselves at Forest National in Brussels without Nouvelle Ecriture.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 11:26 by Mfumu Vata »

Mukulu #4 on: April 04, 2021, 12:26

• View Profile
I get the impression that it was the concert in Bordeaux after the Zenith concert

congo-243 #5 on: April 04, 2021, 12:41

• View Profile
Oza Champion. Magic Collection *Wemba voice

Does the cd have a booklet and how does the backsleeve look like ? I will listen to it tomorrow. Happy Easter
It does put the pic I used i found on the internet my cousin shared the link with me. happy Easter to you to ndeko.

Drumstar98 #6 on: April 04, 2021, 12:47

• View Profile

Drumstar98 #7 on: April 04, 2021, 14:11

• View Profile
I hate it when they add mabanga in the studio for live concerts. Alpatchino didnt insert animation in 'L songs like the way he was doing in Kin.

It's sad that they only put the songs of Nouvelle Ecriture on the CD and not those of Viva La Musica "Cour des Grands"
who also performed that day, Le Quatro and Molokai. I can't judge the concert because I haven't seen volume 2 on VHS,
but I looks like Nouvelle Ecriture's part is missing power compared to that of Viva La Musica "Cour des Grands".
Hearing the disc it's like they were giving a normal concert at LSC or maybe it's due to Maradona already being
tired (having rehearsed the whole concert with Nouvelle Ecriture the same morning) and them missing cohesion with him
because of Maradona staying in Europe after the tour of 1998. They had to bring Deo Sfr who prepared the whole show in Kinshasa
instead of giving the favor to a ngulu. The snare drum wasn't tuned well. The Zenith of 2000 with the Fioti Fioti's the by far
better. I see now why Papa Wemba decided to give Viva La Musica "Cour des Grands" a second chance by letting them perform
by themselves at Forest National in Brussels without Nouvelle Ecriture.

The reverb dosen't sound much the zenith hall more like rehearsal room.

tyadm #8 on: April 04, 2021, 20:25

• View Profile
Indeed, I don't think it's the recording of the first Zenith of Papa Wemba. The sound quality of this great concert was much better. You just have to see with the video of the concert. I have more the impression that it's another concert or even a rehearsal.

Mfumu Vata #9 on: April 04, 2021, 20:35

• View Profile
Wow did you see volume 2 of Wemba's first Zenith ? What were you impression of Nouvelle Ecriture part compared to that of Reddy Amisi and volume 1?

I just asked a former staffmember and he confirmed that it are the recordingfiles of Nouvelle Ecriture's part at Zenith. I watched volume 1 over again when Le Quatro and Viva La Musica performed and I can conclude that Maradona didn't tune his snare drum well. It's really a disgrace for a drummer like him who had already 10+ years experience (having drummed for Wenge Musica and Wenge Aile Paris) and performing at a mythic hall like Zenith.

from 32:40 min
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 20:47 by Mfumu Vata »

Mfumu Vata #10 on: April 04, 2021, 20:42

• View Profile

I wonder if Maradona had slept a few hours before the show after rehearsing for hours with Nouvelle Ecriture who arrived the same day. Zimbabwe, Alpatchino and Bendoson having to dictate him how to drum with every dancestep.

(16:26 min)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 20:48 by Mfumu Vata »

congo-243 #11 on: April 04, 2021, 21:33

• View Profile

I wonder if Maradona had slept a few hours before the show after rehearsing for hours with Nouvelle Ecriture who arrived the same day. Zimbabwe, Alpatchino and Bendoson having to dictate him how to drum with every dancestep.

Mfumu I need your help can you check your pm

Drumstar98 #12 on: April 04, 2021, 22:44

• View Profile

I watched the videos and Maradona looked really tired and I just listened to nani temoin and Papa Wemba shouted pinos and Azoze na Mbonda weren't both of them left behind in Kinshasa?

Mfumu Vata #13 on: April 04, 2021, 23:09

• View Profile
I think out respect for them. Pinos, Azoze were like Itshari, Deo Sfr and Zilco Shabani left behind in Kinshasa. If I remember well you also one dancer who left (she used to dance along with Mimi and Coco Maria and later with the Fioti Fioti's), one female singer who replaced Asta Paola, Lambio Lambio and Anya Star but she was to young. About Lambio Lambio being left behind for Zenith, was the reason for deciding to create "Ba Fioti Fioti" to prove Wemba a point.

It seems that Azoze left after being abandoned in Kinshasa, because I was only seeing Denzu on the mbonda's when Nouvelle Ecriture came back in Kinshasa. Wemba prefered Deo Sfr and Zilco to stay, because he had a long vision for them and though that they would run away if they would come, because the trip to Europe would just be for 2 months Zenith, recordings of Fula Ngenge and three concerts in Brussels, Geneva and London). He gave Colonel Jagger and co the instructions in Kinshasa with the list of musicians to come in Paris, while he was rehearsing with Viva La Musica and Molokai in Paris. But they ended up by arriving 3/4 days later in Paris, because of them being blocked almost every day at the airport by the DGM who were corrupted by an artist who wanted to mess Wemba's Zenith up and being afraid for a cri that they created against him (Yo Mutu Nguba, bazo tinda).

Pinos and Itshari were left behind in Kinshasa for the same reasons. Wemba wanted hem to have for ever in Nouvelle Ecriture to coach the young musicians, wanting to disband Viva La Musica "Cour des Grand" on a later stage. However, Pinos  said to Wemba during the tour of 1998 that he would stay in Europe the next tour and Wemba being mad. Wemba would later lie to him that he would stay for Zenith and bring him the next tour. But in reality he was really mad at him for helping Reddy Amisi for his concerts in  Kinshasa to promote Etoile with session-musicians (Wemba's staff though that Reddy was about to start a band) and guys like Lambio Lambio making it worser with songi-songi. Later on Pinos would be left behind for the tour of 2000 and a ngulu going to Europe with his passeport. Pinos was really mad and went to Wemba's house to insult him and was about to fight with him, because he sold his car and gave all his clothes away. Back in those days you could with the Congolese passeport easily replace someone's picture with another one. During the 80s, 90s and early 2000s there alot of artists who were left behind in Kinshasa, but somebody else going with their passeport to Kinshasa.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 23:19 by Mfumu Vata »

Drumstar98 #14 on: April 04, 2021, 23:29

• View Profile
Thanks ndeko you are historian of congolese music one question who is Zilco Shabani?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 23:33 by Drumstar98 »