Author Topic: SO PRESIDENT TSHISEKEDI WANTS TO REUNITE VIVA LA MUSICA  (Read 478 times)

archos on: November 12, 2023, 20:35

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

Bendoson is talking here about his career and reveals that president tshisekedi in person invited him and couple of guys to say that he was unhappy that viva had split in so many parts so he wants them to reunite and he'll sponsor them
so they will have many of the nouvelle ecriture/ecrita guys  plus some of the og viva guys(ahhh this topic makes me think about mfumu again,thats the type of topics he likes)

Jdog #1 on: November 12, 2023, 21:00

• View Profile
Out of all the issues DRC faces dude chooses to put attention towards this?? Smh
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Manzambi94 #2 on: November 12, 2023, 21:49

• View Profile

Bendoson is talking here about his career and reveals that president tshisekedi in person invited him and couple of guys to say that he was unhappy that viva had split in so many parts so he wants them to reunite and he'll sponsor them
so they will have many of the nouvelle ecriture/ecrita guys  plus some of the og viva guys(ahhh this topic makes me think about mfumu again,thats the type of topics he likes)
So with all the problems of Congo music is what Fatshi want to focus on, crazy.

bencuri #3 on: November 12, 2023, 22:06

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I can tell you this is the way that it needs to be done. This is how it worked before 1997 and this is what congolese musicians are used to. And such sponsorships can be very effective in the "folkloric" scenes. I hope he will succeed and that others, even from the private sector will follow his example.

JV “Lone Ranger” #4 on: November 12, 2023, 22:31

• View Profile
Those roads that takes you out of Kinshasa to matadi and other villages are dangerous as hell and need big investment and work but this fool of a president is more concerned with things like this, seriously. Just look at Angola new airport and train….my country is soo behind in everything and the people in power have their priorities all wrong as usual.

CM PRINCE #5 on: November 12, 2023, 23:40

• View Profile
Those roads that takes you out of Kinshasa to matadi and other villages are dangerous as hell and need big investment and work but this fool of a president is more concerned with things like this, seriously. Just look at Angola new airport and train….my country is soo behind in everything and the people in power have their priorities all wrong as usual.
Facts upon facts.

archos #6 on: November 13, 2023, 00:54

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
I second that the mrs just came back from kasai and bandundu for some charity stuff  for 12 days and she said everyday she feared for her life between the roads,the lack of light especially in bandundu and so on
there was even one point were people made fun of her because she was screaming like a scared children when having to go through kilometers of extremely dark and dented road and that an animal almost broke the windshield storming out of nowhere
she visited a class were there is very often flooding water up to knees almost because of being built at a dangerous place and parents have to pay sometimes the teacher who gives class if he wants and when he wants
mannn in big 2023 we still are seeing such bad stuff but people seem fine because he is a kinois who acts like the most random kinois(except a little bit of that faking politicians have to do not too laugh too hard or not to dance like they'd normally dance because of their status)
we have at the head of the country somebody who is still the same person he was 5 years ago the son of a legendary politician who just enjoys life

Cavalier Solitaire #7 on: November 13, 2023, 07:22

• View Profile
Kasi wapi Mfumu @Archos?

On another note DRC as a country is a complicated topic. You just never see if and when things will turn around for the better. But the musicians are happy with such a gesture from the president, they will never complain about the President's/authorities misplaced priorities as long as they are receiving this kind of support. Such things are what gives credence to what ba combatant does blocking them musicians from performing in Europe.

archos #8 on: November 13, 2023, 08:53

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
I hope he's just been busy or could it be that he had an issue with his account like in the past who knows,we often talk in pm but its been a couple of weeks that we've not done it

bencuri #9 on: November 13, 2023, 13:20

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Out of all the issues DRC faces dude chooses to put attention towards this?? Smh

I don't think this has any use debating on this. Compared to donating a new Viva La Musica and even some other potential reunions is a very very tiny fraction of the amount and work that is needed for raising the quality of everyday life in Congo. Generally in Africa the problem is that there are only raw material industries, and the product making industries (steel and cars from iron, electric parts from gold, phones from coltan, etc.) are abroad. Universities for training doctors for clinics are abroad. And I could mention many other aspects. Financially, this means: training doctors and creating 1 hospital in your country costs proportionally higher than for my country, where there is university of medics, factories for manufacturing healthcare machines and construction industry for manufacturing the hospital. While, at the same time, my country is richer. So in your country, you pay more while you are poorer. And this is true in many African countries. This is a challenge that noone will be able to solve in 1 single presidential term, but I think not even in a decade. To train a group of reliable medic community is the work of a generation, not just 1-2 election time.

I don't know the exact situation in Angola, but I can generally read that apart from a few successes, rural areas are still very much behind, and in spite of the oil incomes, it is still ranking as one of the worst places to grow up as a kid.

You can also argue with the example of Ruanda against me, that in a few decades on Congolese minerals they grew big. But there is something to consider: my country is 93K square metres with 9 million people. Ruanda is only 26K square meters with 13 million people. My country is bigger with a smaller population, that is constantly declining, Ruanda is a much smaller country with a constantly raising population. Burundi Uganda is not better either, nor Kivu. From this you can conclude for how long the upheaval will last in Ruanda. This is a road to nowhere.

And all I mention here are just the situation until recently. Climate change will add on this even more, making a much more complicated situation than the already complicated one before.

So don't blame Tshisekedi too much. Based on these facts I can assure you that Congo and many other countries will have a lot lot longer road ahead than his own term until a satisfying level of living conditions, no matter who controls the country. Compared to the costs of that long road, donating Viva la Musica is just the tiny head of a needle.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 13:23 by bencuri »