Author Topic: Stino L’As De La Chorale  (Read 2760 times)

BrazzaBoy on: March 16, 2019, 19:34

• View Profile
What if and bear wih me, what if Stino would have never been infatuated with Micheal Jackson? Do you think Stino could have been bigger? I personally feel like him trying to replicate MJ all the time played against him in the long run. Him trying to dance and yelling out MJ chants always takes away from any song he’s on for me. What do you guys think? Were you guys into his MJ impersination at the time at all? Is there some people that didnt mind it or liked it? And why is it that Papa Wemba never stepped him and told him to be himself?

J Silu #1 on: March 16, 2019, 19:42

• View Profile
I'm 26 now and growing up I didn't pay too much attention to the influence but now that I'm heavily into Congolese Music from the 70s to now, I can say that I don't mind it.

I've realised that a lot of stars were influenced by somebody abroad whether they're  Italian or american or French etc.

And I'm pretty sure Papa Wemba would've told him to drop it if it were a problem.

Longbluesquid #2 on: March 16, 2019, 22:17

• View Profile
He needs to release an album now.

Bohemian Rhapsody #3 on: March 17, 2019, 01:28

• View Profile
MJ was the biggest entertainer of all time, still is. His influence marked a lot of people's dance steps. Stino Mubi, Felix Wazekwa, etc.

When musicians move to Europe, they either go in exile or become more motivated.

mvulusi96 #4 on: March 17, 2019, 21:09

Him made copying Michael Jackson be very different that the rest of Viva La Musica, before MJ Ngoyi nobody was putting attention on him. Back in when they were still in Kinshasa Lidjo was more popular then him (he was then the biggest star of Viva La Musica). Him copying Michael Jackson made him the guy he's today. If he wasn't copying Michael Jackson then he would be on the same level like Gloria, Luciana and co. It's a shame that he wasn't promoting his solo albums in Kinshasa, like Reddy Amisi. Because people were liking him alot there.