Author Topic: (Rare) Wenge EL Paris - Générique (1993)  (Read 1824 times)

Sydo on: February 23, 2022, 17:54

• View Profile
    • YouTube

This was Wenge Musica BCBG's intro in the late 1980s.

Formerly Musiquezairoise

archos #1 on: February 23, 2022, 18:21

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
lol so depitcho was the first to nickname himself bill clinton,then it was caludji one two years later then it got passed to didier aka kalo

Mfumu Vata #2 on: February 23, 2022, 18:58

• View Profile
00:09 the song suddenly jumped when Jean Didier Loko started to do a solo on his keyboard to Marie Paul starting to do shout-outs to some Bana Bandal. The start of the intro is almost the same like Viva La Musica's intro aka Hymme Molokai. Marie Paul saying "arranger vos bottines", toujours ideologie ya balle like King Kester Emeneya used to say during Victoria Eleison's prime (1982-1988). Emeneya was right when he said in But na Filet that he and Papa Wemba (without saying his name) had created the artists on their image.

Indeed it used to be Wenge Musica "Bakolo Esthetique" 's intro from their sortie officiel at Olympia Bar in 1985 until the release of Kin E Bouge in 1991. Them using Ngoma Maguy or a solo from Fi-Carré as intro after it. It could be that they were mad after seeing Zing Zong playing during Wenge Aile Paris' first concert in Paris at Ornano. I think that Zing Zong wanted  to prove that it was his creation, by putting it on the album. In this version he didn't play Makaba's signature that Alain Makaba added from the moment he came the main lead guitarist of Wenge after that Zing Zong migrated to Europe in 1986.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 19:04 by Mfumu Vata »

Mfumu Vata #3 on: February 23, 2022, 19:08

• View Profile
lol so depitcho was the first to nickname himself bill clinton,then it was caludji one two years later then it got passed to didier aka kalo

Bill was wrong by saying that he started Tshiluba in animation lol. It was Jus d'Ete Mulopwe.

Sydo #4 on: February 23, 2022, 19:49

• View Profile
    • YouTube

Bill was wrong by saying that he started Tshiluba in animation lol. It was Jus d'Ete Mulopwe.

Wasn't it in the 1980s when the Kwata Maja cri started?
Formerly Musiquezairoise

Wenge1995 #5 on: February 23, 2022, 20:08

• View Profile
This is unrelated, but I'm glad we all survived the worst of the COVID-19 pandemic! I hope everyone and their family is safe

Mfumu Vata #6 on: February 23, 2022, 23:24

• View Profile

I didn't hear Jus d'Ete animating Kwata Maja. I only remember that Ekokota used to do it sometimes in concerts during around 1992-93, but it not on cd. Apart from folkloric groups and Tshala Muana, I haven't heard any atalaku animating in Tshiluba back in 1980s. Only in Lingala, Kikongo and Kihumbu. The majority of animations that atalaku's were doing weren't their creations when it wasn't in Lingala, it were just parts of traditional songs. When it was in Lingala it would mostly come from small bands.

BienMat23 #7 on: February 24, 2022, 05:19

• View Profile
Can someone find this whole album or someone/where I can get the cd I think I’ll even pay £70 because the Nganga nzambe live version is great too from the same live album

SoukousFan #8 on: February 24, 2022, 08:15

• View Profile
This is unrelated, but I'm glad we all survived the worst of the COVID-19 pandemic! I hope everyone and their family is safe

Thank you! I dont think we realise how lucky we are to be still counted amongst the living!

Sydo #9 on: February 25, 2022, 20:12

• View Profile
    • YouTube

I didn't hear Jus d'Ete animating Kwata Maja. I only remember that Ekokota used to do it sometimes in concerts during around 1992-93, but it not on cd. Apart from folkloric groups and Tshala Muana, I haven't heard any atalaku animating in Tshiluba back in 1980s. Only in Lingala, Kikongo and Kihumbu. The majority of animations that atalaku's were doing weren't their creations when it wasn't in Lingala, it were just parts of traditional songs. When it was in Lingala it would mostly come from small bands.

I said it because Anti-Choc also sang it back in 1987
Formerly Musiquezairoise