Author Topic: BIOGRAPHY OF KABOSE BULEMBI  (Read 11482 times)

archos on: October 26, 2013, 14:30

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
raphael kabosé bulembi was born on 16 of august 1979 and is the children of papa bulembi dominique and mama ndangi,he is the 14th of 16 brothers and sisters
he is the nephew of feliw wazekwa and his passion for music arrived very early as he joins street group of the city(then village) of kisantu at the age of 10
his growing passion for music and his parents difficult financial situation make it hard to continue at school
he then spends more and more time in streets group of kisantu and one day in the early 90s one of his idols and fellow village mbuta(big brother) defao matumona who recently created his own group big stars toured in kisantu
having impressed general defao,he is offered a proposition to join the group big stars and go with them to kinshasa which he accepts
he is 15 when he joins the group and slowly becomes an important memeber of defao's group,and as a sign of his growing importance he releases his first song in the group radio trottoir from album amour interdit in 1997 which is very appreciated from fans
two years after he decides to leave defao and join group anti choc of bozi boziana and participates to albums film ebaluki and jeu muké
in 2001,the group has problems with french administration(debut of ngulu affair) and bozigoes to kinshasa without his musicians
kabosé is then contacted by his friend ferré chair de poule to join group wenge maison mere and ferré convinces him to come back to congo with the group and he even features in a clip of kibuisa mpimpa(he arrived was almost finished so it was too late)
in 2002,when werrason comes with maison mere for the big event of double zenith kabosé is in the list and replaces singer serge mabiala
in 2003 he participates in album a la queue leu leu and one year later,in maxi-single aletre generale
almost two years after,he participates to werrason's second solo album témoignage,this is the last participation in an album in wenge maison mere
after temoignage,kabosé and some other singers of temoignage  are unsettled as they are dubbed "too old" and need to make way to younger artists
maxi-single sous sol is recorded without those singersand one year after kabose is fed up with the treatment he gets and leaves the group
as a symbol of his undesired departure,he releases his first maxi-single malgré moi(in spite of myself) which surprised many fans as he was portrayed in his last days in maison mere as a past-it artist
behind his unexpected success,there is of course a great artistic work but also by his own admission witchcraft as during one of his interviews after album releases he says about other artists "they go too far away from congo foreign countries like benin,but i just got my power here "
in 2009,he releases second maxi-single 18H30 with the song niawu and he gets reveleation of the year award
after that he starts recording his first album election refering to congolese election in 2011 and also in race for the power within musicians of their generation who became leaders
album election is out in 2011 but lack of promotion as kabosé and his new producer mpova music fail to agree on a efficient and intensive promotion
he then decides working on a maxi-single again to compensate for the flop of election and  names it biloko ya boma(allusion to ancestral power he went to get there) with a dance of the same name
the maxi-single is succesful even before being released as the generique was promoted before the official release and having much success in clubs and tv's
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 14:30 by 25 »

50 #1 on: October 26, 2013, 15:13

I've noticed that the label Mpova Music don't know how to promote albums, Celeo was even angry about them and decided to left them. The only album that had succes was Kingongolo "Tir Au But" of Lacoste, but that was because of the generique.
Was there a beef between Defao and Bozi, because Theo Mbala did also join Anti Choc before Kabose's departure.
I regret that Kabose's succes is only local like his big bro Defao in his first years of Big Stars.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 15:13 by 50 »

archos #2 on: October 26, 2013, 15:28

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
no there was no beef between them,i never understood completely what happened but defao was in europe in 1999 and musicians refused to take  part to the tour if he does not pay them,something like that, and he suspended most of them especially theo mbala,kabosé and montana who then  worked on his album and went in quartier latin
indeed mpova is not good at promotion,plus he sell fake cds of his own artists to make money on their back
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 15:28 by 25 »

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #3 on: October 27, 2013, 15:24

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Kabose is 34 years old? No, he can't be younger than me!!!! :lol:  :lol:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 15:24 by 4 »
LE BIG BOSS

archos #4 on: October 27, 2013, 15:42

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
lol yes,he probably got a older-looking face just like chai ngenge because a guy like celeo born in 1978 calls him "petit na nga"
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 15:42 by 25 »

Ken Bilele #5 on: October 28, 2013, 14:09

• View Profile
<cite>@archos said:</cite>
lol yes,he probably got a older-looking face just like chai ngenge because a guy like celeo born in 1978 calls him "petit na nga"

kiekiekie Kabose was so ugly in his early days with wmmm that my girl friend used to ask me if he was ok. I like him now so much, he has built his image so much and now he knows how to put on like a celebrity. I don't understand why Election was a flop while it had some good music with a perfect video.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 14:09 by 36 »

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #6 on: October 28, 2013, 15:01

• Administrator
    • View Profile
@archos said:

Yeah,all these boys are actually young chaps including Bill,Celeo, Genta,Cellulaire,Chai,Heritier etc, the big boys are Rio,JDL,Zulema, Eboa,Lacoste,Chella Mputu and others.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 15:01 by 4 »
LE BIG BOSS

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #7 on: October 28, 2013, 15:04

• Administrator
    • View Profile
@ken nyakone said:
kiekiekie Kabose was so ugly in his early days with wmmm that my girl friend used to ask me if he was ok. I like him now so much, he has built his image so much and now he knows how to put on like a celebrity. I don't understand why Election was a flop while it had some good music with a perfect video.

Hehehehe, yeah,back in the days when he was dark and before he got a bit of swag he looked so funny, in the league of short ataluku Demukuse Roi David with funny faces both of them.

Election is an excellent album but I think like most albums there are just too many rhumbas. Kabose is an excellent but not as powerful as the likes of Ferre so he will always be in their shadows.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 15:04 by 4 »
LE BIG BOSS

shamala #8 on: October 28, 2013, 15:41

• View Profile
I really like biloko ya boma generique...who are the atalakus and instrumentalists....and did he use autotune on it?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 15:41 by 37 »
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.