Author Topic: I THINK THAT THIS IS THE BEST SEBEN IN THE POST-LOI ERA  (Read 10364 times)

Manzambi94 #15 on: October 22, 2017, 23:46

• View Profile
Lol I respect your opinion but I think that we have different views on Koffi's songs and albums, and yes SS waybbetter album than Internet I confirm again

Seben_Maniac #16 on: October 23, 2017, 17:17

• View Profile
You've got some explaining to do Manzambi94

Manzambi94 #17 on: October 23, 2017, 19:31

• View Profile
Lol
You've got some explaining to do Manzambi94
Seven_Maniac I am honest if I am in a party and the DJ drops Mpunda (Version Kin) or Biloko I will go up and I'll dance better than all the dancers in the world and in DRC if he puts Internet only the oldies stands up, they are both great generiques with Genta having the best voice on the Internet's generique but emotionally I am crazy for Mpunda

Matebu #18 on: October 23, 2017, 22:26

• View Profile
It’s your unique opinion so none of us are here to change that. Here goes nothing... however, on a forum like this, not only are we fans with opinions, we are also educated with what actually went on at the time when x or y song/album was released.

With all due respect, stuff like this is can affect your credibility in other discussions on what what is considered by fans, known musical critics, and commercial success to be actual classics. Judging by some of your opinions, I'm willing to guess you were born in the mid-90's, which explains why you prefer later releases. 

After the Soyons Serieux thread, no one wants to take your bait and put in the time to really explain the reality of events in these types of threads. Most think you're trolling here.

Ndeko Archos, Mvulusi, myself and others  tried to explain to you that SS was a critical/commercial flop and BCBG members themselves were not happy with the album. But you did the equivalent of cross your hands & feet and said nope.

---

Without going into too much detail, I was in Kinshasa when Koffi was really struggling to record BEK. He thought just taking Gesac from Wazekwa when he was top falsetto would solve his atalakou woes, but he didn’t realize Gesac had no creativity whatsoever.

I was at GHK early 2008 for his Valentines day concert and the concert was just terrible. Koffi knew it and the audience knew it, but they were VIPs (friends). If it was Fikin with that team, he would’ve been booed right off stage.

He released a single générique "Bla Bla Bla" in ’07 showcasing Gesac & female atalakou Soglene Royal and it was a epic flop. So bad it made Koffi insecure with the other génériques he recorded. This was when King Kester shocked the scene and had the best générique and clip of 2007. “Kipe ya yo”, the générique was a Kinshasa hit despite some criticisms, and “Mayi ya Sika” was popular with locals.

In fact, BEK was not supposed to have génériques (just the 2 featurings), but his producer requested it, so he put together all the “good” parts of various recorded génériques and made the dumpster fire that is Bendele. "Cle Boa" was recorded very last minute, I’m sure Koffi himself doesn’t remember who the composer is…

Jdog #19 on: October 24, 2017, 01:27

• View Profile
Matebu, With all the funds Koffi has he was struggling to record a project? Bendele does sound kind of choppy when I think about it (they did a good job on making it seem like it wasn't) but does have good sebene in it. Gessac has good stuff to me.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Matebu #20 on: October 24, 2017, 01:41

• View Profile
Matebu, With all the funds Koffi has he was struggling to record a project? Bendele does sound kind of choppy when I think about it (they did a good job on making it seem like it wasn't) but does have good sebene in it. Gessac has good stuff to me.

Even with all the money in the world, you can't simply buy yourself the best band. Behind the scenes he was devastated by all the talent departures. That's why he trusted nobody who stayed behind and the new arrivals.

He even went on television with a bunch of female singers saying he wanted to make QL all female

Jdog #21 on: October 24, 2017, 01:49

• View Profile
Koffi should've just kept on going forward and forget them. Yes he lost good two but he did get more talent coming through and can't expect those grown men to stay with him until death. Can't imagine if Fally, Ferre and Mirage stayed in QL then we would've never gotten great songs, concerts and their own talented musicians. And Koffi should've done more for the guys who did stay instead of having them to the side.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

CM PRINCE #22 on: October 24, 2017, 02:00

• View Profile

CM PRINCE #23 on: October 24, 2017, 02:07

• View Profile
Wait how many generiques were recorded for BEK? I take it some weren't released to be honest that album was kinda trash how it got a gold disk I don't know, koffi had so much talent around that time he should've unleashed them like he did with fally and co after academia was created and looking back the danger de mort team all didn't leave at the same time mirage left first followed by ferre then fally, Gibson and junior and apocalypse  and champion stayed in Europe but were still in the group and would participate in concerts whenever koffi came to Europe and he still had Montana Shella Asso Archa dinheiro Mbochi and also Suzuki he even had bouro soleil modogo and titana for a short while but all wanted to release an album after the success of droit chemin
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 02:10 by CM PRINCE »

Manzambi94 #24 on: October 24, 2017, 19:20

• View Profile
Guys it is an opinion I mean if we agree on something and disagree on some others doesn't mean someone credibility is loss! You guys doubted Kirikou many times but Nyataquance has been a success the same for Rally's Elok'Oyo and went international, the fact that you are related to a song or an album more than another doesn't mean other people can have different views about it.