Author Topic: WHY IS THIS SONG IS UNDERRATED?  (Read 2321 times)

Manzambi94 on: June 03, 2020, 11:07

• View Profile

Mfumu Vata #1 on: June 03, 2020, 11:37

• View Profile
It isn’t underrated, its seen as a Classic. Its also one of the songs that guitarists in Kinshasa have to learn when they want to start playing lead guitar.This generique/intro made most artists and bands putting generique/intro, instead if introsongs and giving it the name of the album. It is still aired on radio’s like Radio Okapi & Top Congo FM. The last time when I went to Kinshasa, I went to Bandal and I saw all people of serie 6 and 7 dancing on it in bars. It’s just that Makaba isn’t Koffi or Werra otherwise people born in the 90s and 2000s would also dance on it like they dance on Solola bien

BercysFinest98 #2 on: June 03, 2020, 19:29

• View Profile
Makaba was WAY beyond his time man!

CM PRINCE #3 on: June 03, 2020, 19:34

• View Profile
It isn’t underrated, its seen as a Classic. Its also one of the songs that guitarists in Kinshasa have to learn when they want to start playing lead guitar.This generique/intro made most artists and bands putting generique/intro, instead if introsongs and giving it the name of the album. It is still aired on radio’s like Radio Okapi & Top Congo FM. The last time when I went to Kinshasa, I went to Bandal and I saw all people of serie 6 and 7 dancing on it in bars. It’s just that Makaba isn’t Koffi or Werra otherwise people born in the 90s and 2000s would also dance on it like they dance on Solola bien
And it's also on many African compilations DVD's and CD's. This Generique will always be a classic.

Congolitude #4 on: June 03, 2020, 20:09

• View Profile
Makaba was WAY beyond his time man!
The kind of person we currently miss in our music

BercysFinest98 #5 on: June 03, 2020, 20:43

• View Profile
As a guitarist! Hearing Beniko play his partition on Nouveau Testament from the V12 album made me want to start playing the sebene guitar style, but Alain Makaba inspired me the most! Man can that guy play! Even in the Wenge concerts, the ability to play the guitar and dance at the same time, its not hard but considering the overcomplicated solos of Makaba, that's a TASK!
Listening the Pile Ou Face générique, you can hear how he has experimented with a "DJ Soundboard", the way it starts "You might be missing some of the benefits that stereo can provide", f**king brilliant!
The signature Steinberger sound, I never thought that it could bring so much detail and quality to a song.
I would say a lot more but we'll be here all night!
Makaba is just a massive inspiration to me!

Rodka85 #6 on: June 04, 2020, 17:06

• View Profile

Did you know that the "atalaka" on this song doing the tenor is actually Titina Al Capone, as Tutu Calugi was suspended for ill discipline.