Author Topic: IMPACTS OF ARTIST ON CONGOLESE MUSIC: KOFFI "Mopao" & QUARTIER LATIN  (Read 12392 times)

chamhembe #15 on: March 24, 2014, 13:59

• View Profile
Because he can, none of those leaders can challenge him lyricly and vocaly; we saw how he woke up Mwalimu...
...look at how he schools Boitre noi...

Your comparisons are not logical because all these musicians are not in the same vocal categories. You cannot compare Papa Wemba against Koffi or Koffi against Ferre where vocals are concerned but Pepe Kalle yes because Pepe had the same vocal ranges as koffi, he could sing tenor,baritone etc just like Koffi does.
If you want to compare Papa Wemba with other singers then bring in names such us Pompon Miyake,Miel de Son,JB Mpiana,etc these are all in the same category.

Gentlemen what is the name of that koffi song with ferre ..i like the last part...thanx

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #16 on: March 24, 2014, 16:13

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Gentlemen what is the name of that koffi song with ferre ..i like the last part...thanx
It's the song Ngobila on which Koffi featured Josky Kiambukuta
LE BIG BOSS

NEWSIDE96 #17 on: March 24, 2014, 20:28

• View Profile

this is what i'm talking about satisfying sebene and good rhythm guitar partition as well even though the attentat generique was shit but this sounded excellent

Jdog #18 on: March 24, 2014, 20:31

• View Profile

this is what i'm talking about satisfying sebene and good rhythm guitar partition as well even though the attentat generique was shit but this sounded excellent

Hahaha you didn't like the Attenat generique?
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

NEWSIDE96 #19 on: March 24, 2014, 20:36

• View Profile

Hahaha you didn't like the Attenat generique?

yeah it was shit and the sebene bit at the end of ndombolo was rubbish i prefer this life version if they kept like this on the disc it would of been better but everyone have a different opinion especially the rhythm guitar partition in the beginning was sick

KAISARI #20 on: March 25, 2014, 04:35

• Soul Rebel
    • View Profile
Thank you KAISARI, I don't have technical know how about music but one thing that comes out clearly to me here is that at no one  point has Koffi attracted kind views here which has always made me wonder how bad he is. Koffi is not in the same age group as Werra and JB and he's managed to twist them round to his game. To me that tells a reason why he is the leader in the game.JB and Werra should have charted their own course but if they played Koffi's course then it should not be blamed on Koffi. Koffi is not a good dancer thus he may not have liked a lot of sebene and again in music you identify your type of fans which in this case he found serious mature people who don't go out to drink one bottle of skol and dance the whole night and that is not evil.
I here you Ken, its not a Kenyan party without these hits...

You do not beat a drum with one finger