Author Topic: TEASER NEW GENERIQUE NZOUNGOU BY ROGA ROGA  (Read 1230 times)

Manzambi94 #15 on: August 21, 2023, 15:10

• View Profile
Unfortunately if the video is decent enough this will be another success, peoole just dint know what good music is anymore we have a full generation who lost the good music of Koffi, Papa Wemba, TP OK JAZZ and many others so they will listen ti everything that has some good marketing and some dope visuals which was exactly what Bokoko was while ignoring the eventual good music if the marketing ain't there.

Seben_Maniac #16 on: August 21, 2023, 15:25

• View Profile
It’s sad because if he did a fire generique and had a music video similar to the Quality of the Bokoko video, that would’ve taken off as well. The priorities are really messed up with this genre. Minimum effort, maximum popularity

archos #17 on: August 21, 2023, 17:20

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
yeah every second of that generique is just an attempt to go viral by mentioning nigeria which is the most powerful african country music wise right now and trying to get it to rock there then take africa by storm
there has always been a bit of trend following even in prime years of our music but now its just a joke these guys would even do hard rock or heavy metal if thats what gets you on the VIP tracklist of all parties

Mfumu Vata #18 on: August 21, 2023, 23:04

• View Profile
How is the rest of the EP ? I don't want to waiste my time to be dissapointed.

Wenge1995 #19 on: August 22, 2023, 04:27

• View Profile
How is the rest of the EP ? I don't want to waiste my time to be dissapointed.

The best part of the EP is the choruses, but Extra Musica is always good in that department. A lot of the rhumbas feel like they're missing something, for example where's the guitar solo towards the end of Fatou Sako? Jalousie begins strong like it's a bonus track from the album 242, but it's that repetitive acoustic guitar we're used to from Roga Roga since 2009.

This is probably his worst release in a long time, because everything feels calculated from a business perspective. Nothing feels creative, he's just going through the motions with the rhumbas and the afro-beats songs feel like a remix to Bokoko.