Author Topic: When Bimi Ombale sung against Zaiko Nkolo Mboka  (Read 685 times)

Mfumu Vata on: September 05, 2023, 22:44

• View Profile

It would have been better if Bimi released the song within Familia Dei. The song would have a massive impact. The same for Nyoka Longo's Nzete ya Mbila, which was a big succes, but if being released already in Jetez l'Eponge then it would have created alot of polemic with the war of Zaiko Nkolo Mboka vs Zaiko Familia Dei that was going on at that time.

Must be scary what stars of Zaiko went trough when leaving the band on a bad way. I just watched Djo Moplat's second interview talking short about how Familia Dei got separted and the problems they got. I noticed that during such separations, the leaders of the weakest side are often victim of health issues and conflicts starting about stuff that don't make any sense. Are these problems due to rivals collaborating with witchdoctors and those witchdoctors sending bad eyes to them ?
It brought me back to the interview Alain Mpela did with Ado Yuhe and him saying that when he left Wenge BCBG, he first person to visit him being Ilo Pablo of Zaiko Familia Dei. Ilo Pablo then advicing him "ndenge olongwe deja, yekola kosimbi nkisi".

archos #1 on: September 05, 2023, 23:03

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
i think its a mix of various things,sometimes its the leader who take the departures and the conflicts it creates extremely personal,sometimes its people around who want to do things to prove their loyalty,and sometimes aswell it becomes a war of witchdoctors if you left leader who was with sorcerer a and went to rise under sorcerer b it can lead into intense war because of them
another example of what you said is sam tshintu in his interview with ado when he talked about somono being paralysed then as soon as the paralysed leg was healed the other leg started and that they went through a lot of things and he looked emotional and quickly stopped to change topic
 names dont come to mind right now,but i can certify you that at least two sorcerers died amid spiritual war between big group and rebel group
« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 23:05 by archos »

Drumstar98 #2 on: September 05, 2023, 23:14

• View Profile
Where was Ilo Pablo during the final years of Familia Dei?because his last appearance was at the reunion concerts of Zaïko Nkolo Mboka

Mfumu Vata #3 on: September 05, 2023, 23:17

• View Profile
I saw Djo Mpolat's interview and he said that Ilo Pablo started to get bone-issues before Familia Dei disbanded

Drumstar98 #4 on: September 05, 2023, 23:19

• View Profile
Okay, hence why the reserve drummer Rogers Musumani replaced Ilo Pablo on the drums.

Mfumu Vata #5 on: September 05, 2023, 23:30

• View Profile
i think its a mix of various things,sometimes its the leader who take the departures and the conflicts it creates extremely personal,sometimes its people around who want to do things to prove their loyalty,and sometimes aswell it becomes a war of witchdoctors if you left leader who was with sorcerer a and went to rise under sorcerer b it can lead into intense war because of them
another example of what you said is sam tshintu in his interview with ado when he talked about somono being paralysed then as soon as the paralysed leg was healed the other leg started and that they went through a lot of things and he looked emotional and quickly stopped to change topic
 names dont come to mind right now,but i can certify you that at least two sorcerers died amid spiritual war between big group and rebel group

It made me remind of Emeneya's word in But na Filet "ba nganga na bango bakufi"

I only know koko diantama, who getting alot of shoutouts from both Werrason & JB Mpiana. But I think that he's still alive. The thing is that the majority that receive shout-outs are identified as donors, imam, pastor or chef coutumier but not the label  sorcerer. Patcho RFI often likes to say cite his name with proud, when saying that he know all big witchdoctors of Kinshasa and talking about the BCBG vs WMMM war how bandleaders would quickly go to him when having a Stade des Martyrs-concert.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 23:31 by Mfumu Vata »

Wenge1995 #6 on: September 07, 2023, 05:02

• View Profile

It made me remind of Emeneya's word in But na Filet "ba nganga na bango bakufi"

I only know koko diantama, who getting alot of shoutouts from both Werrason & JB Mpiana. But I think that he's still alive. The thing is that the majority that receive shout-outs are identified as donors, imam, pastor or chef coutumier but not the label  sorcerer. Patcho RFI often likes to say cite his name with proud, when saying that he know all big witchdoctors of Kinshasa and talking about the BCBG vs WMMM war how bandleaders would quickly go to him when having a Stade des Martyrs-concert.

I'm guessing the spiritual warfare in the music isn't as pervasive today as it used to be, I don't hear much.

bencuri #7 on: September 08, 2023, 02:33

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Wasn't it the start of problems that after Familia Dei started out, very soon Bimi Ombale and Ilo Pablo couldn't agree on the directions of the band. And that's why Bimi Quit? If it happened like that, I wonder what exatly they could not agree about. To my mind their biggest hit was Loiseau Rare, but after that they did not make other big songs like that, for a few exceptions that were near. Moreover, they became quite oldschool, and unfortunately in the bad sense.

So from  artistic point of view I am not surprised at all that they were on the decline from the beginnings, and in such circumstance you get stressed and stress causes illness.

Also, being able to play well does not neccessarily mean you are good at choosing direction, or have the ability for management. If you don't have the latter too, no matter how good musician you are, you will be unsuccessful.

And stress and unsuccess result in the decline of health long term. Especially in poort countries like Congo.

Mfumu Vata #8 on: September 08, 2023, 03:18

• View Profile
According interviews of multiple former Familia Dei-members there was a leadership war going on between Ilo Pablo & Bimi Ombale. They could often not agree on decisions. If I remember well Petit Cachet once said that Bimi Ombale for the way they made Likinga president of the band after that Ngoss bailed him out in Portugal. Likinga would not last long Familia Dei. The thing that made Bimi leave Familia Dei was the trip to Canada & USA. The majority of the band being in favor and wanting to be in Canada before Zaïko Nkolo Mboka but Bimi and Oncle Mazaza (public relations) being against. Bimi Ombale saying it was better to enjoy the succes of their first album in Kinshasa and also stating that didn’t saw the sense of touring months long in Nothern America also adding that he doesn’t like the cold of Canada. The ambassador of Belgium tried to reconcile them but it didn’t work. Bimi then returning back to Kinshasa and forming his band Basilique Loningisa. On the end Bimi turned to be right. Because when Familia Dei came back to Brussels their succes was already finished and it was all about Zaïko Nkolo Mboka, who had brought Ici Ca Va on the market. Also they were all broke, having spent most of the money on girls in Brussels so many didn’t want to return yet. They ended up by staying longer in Europe and Zaïko Nkolo Mboka meeting them again in Europe. In Congolese music if a band meets you twice in Kinshasa or Europe it means that you are defeated. Familia Dei ended up by returning in 1992 to Kinshasa and the problems only getting worser.

Drumstar98 #9 on: September 08, 2023, 16:55

• View Profile
I watch Petit Cachet's interview all the members from the group abandoned him in a hotel and he was left all alone

Mfumu Vata #10 on: September 08, 2023, 17:37

• View Profile
Yeah, late Bimi Ombale said the same thing in the interview he did with I think Lunkunku Sampu or Manda Tchebwa when arriving in Kinshasa. Btw he did during that interview a playback-show in a nigtclu and the images being used for l'Oiseau Rare-clip, late Fifi Mofude & Deesse Mukangi also doing a playback show that day.

But I don't remember if it was Beniko Popolipo or Bebe Atalaku. I think Popolipo, him saying that nobody abandoned him and that Bimi just went on his own back to Kinshasa and them being neighboors on the place that they were staying in Brussels.

bencuri #11 on: September 08, 2023, 19:09

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The biggest surprise for me in their history is that Nono animated for them, too. Hoe could that happen?  on the album: Kenya Safari he is present on several tracks. How come Nyoka Longo did not mind?

Drumstar98 #12 on: September 08, 2023, 19:15

• View Profile
Yeah, late Bimi Ombale said the same thing in the interview he did with I think Lunkunku Sampu or Manda Tchebwa when arriving in Kinshasa. Btw he did during that interview a playback-show in a nigtclu and the images being used for l'Oiseau Rare-clip, late Fifi Mofude & Deesse Mukangi also doing a playback show that day.

But I don't remember if it was Beniko Popolipo or Bebe Atalaku. I think Popolipo, him saying that nobody abandoned him and that Bimi just went on his own back to Kinshasa and them being neighboors on the place that they were staying in Brussels.

I thought that playback was filmed in Brussels, I'm guessing he returned to Kinshasa around 1989 or early 1990 because you mentioned late Fifi Mofude and Deesse doing the playback