Author Topic: LEBOU KABOUYA INTERVIEW ABOUT HIS CAREER  (Read 13732 times)

masatomo on: November 02, 2013, 00:54

• View Profile
[video]http://r20---sn-25g7sm7r.c.[/video]
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 00:54 by 202 »

archos #1 on: November 02, 2013, 01:01

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 01:01 by 25 »

masatomo #2 on: November 02, 2013, 01:19

• View Profile
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 01:19 by 202 »

50 #3 on: November 02, 2013, 01:37

amelaki diamba avant interview nini??
He's very arrogant in interviews and talks evry diffcult.
I wonder how he did maintain good contact with the boss of Secteur A.
Wasn't Marie Mboyo that dancer who did died with Aids ??
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 01:37 by 50 »

masatomo #4 on: November 02, 2013, 12:06

• View Profile
It seems like he don't want to tell the truth about every thing in this interview. I didn't know that he was chef d'orchestre back in the day. I wonder if it is true.
Archos Grand Pretre can you do a topic about the history of Quartier Latin (the 1st Generation).
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 12:06 by 202 »

archos #5 on: November 02, 2013, 12:10

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
yes i  will do it before the end of the week end
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 12:10 by 25 »

50 #6 on: November 02, 2013, 13:03

He's lying. He had never been Chef 'Orchestre. The Chef d'Orchestre was Suzuki, then Beniko Popolipo and Sam Tshintu who became it when Beniko did go to Zaiko.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 13:03 by 50 »

archos #7 on: November 02, 2013, 14:25

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
in 1990,quartier latin really takes shape and becomes a professional group
in fact,few months before the birth of the first popular quartier latin team suzuki joins the group coming from their street group flash musica
 then in the same year,flash musica is invited to perform at funerals of wenge musica guitarist blaise kombo and its where koffi discovers a good part of his future members of quartier latin
suzuki convinces lebou to join the group, then later bassist rocky blanchard arrives,meanwhile soloistfelly dimbedi tyson,drummer coco tshomba and passé kossé on percussion arrive from other groups
after them in 1992, willy bula arrives from flash,followed by singer nana boanga
some members who arrived before 1990 are still around then,like singer aladji,rhythm guitarists do akongo and didace and atalaku manzungidi
this team participates to album pas de faux pas
lebou kabuya,suzuki and aladji then share the chef roles,at that time the role of chef d orchestre is not seriously established
in 1993,guiatarist beniko popolipo arrives from zaiko familia dei,and shortly after singers babia chokoro and eric tutsi aswell as keyboard player eric bamba who is from flash musica
they record album noblesse oblige without their atalaku manzungidi,willy bula then doing his role and without chokoro and eric tutsi who arrived too late
in 1994,modogo abarambwa and sam tshintu arrive from flash musica as well as atalaku bivens coming from folklore group bana odeon(the group who provided  many top atalakus like nono,doudou adoula,djouna mumbafu,ekokota and more recently the likes of gentamicine)
bassist augusto nsingi also arrives and they record album magie(sam tshintu and beniko then take chaf d'orchestre roles)
one year after,binda bass replaces augusto and they record album v12
after that record,singers bouro mpela,bassist pathy bass from flash musica, atalakus somono dolce from station japana and mboshi lipasa from promise musica arrive aswell as drummer champion from lavignora esthetique of dakumuda and the group records album ultimatum(but paty bass,babia and bivens did not participate)
the same year bassist sunda bass arrives from flash musica and singer mamalé from group golden tchatcho and they record album loi(sunda did not participate as he was the third bassist)
one year later after the big concerts of olympia and zenith with the arrival of singer savanet depitsho from wenge el paris,7 members leave the group to create quartier latin academia
 and then champion esthetique becomes the group's chef d orchestre
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 14:26 by 25 »

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #8 on: November 02, 2013, 17:25

• Administrator
    • View Profile
He looked drunk or like he was high on drugs and when you look at his teeth  and the way he talks,he looks like he's been involved in far too many street or club fights, that thug look is too much, he hides it under the sunglasses. :lol:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 17:25 by 4 »
LE BIG BOSS

343 #9 on: November 06, 2013, 07:22

Can someone tell me why those seven members left the group?? Was cause of money cause I remember watching the Olympia and zenith tape and the looked fine!! Archos help!!!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 07:22 by 343 »

archos #10 on: November 06, 2013, 10:16

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
<cite>@bigbodyrobby said:</cite>
Can someone tell me why those seven members left the group?? Was cause of money cause I remember watching the Olympia and zenith tape and the looked fine!! Archos help!!!

money,freedom and life conditions in general,for example in tehir generation they were only 2 or 3 back then who had cars
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 10:16 by 25 »

Ken Bilele #11 on: November 06, 2013, 13:52

• View Profile
<cite>@archos said:</cite>
money,freedom and life conditions in general,for example in tehir generation they were only 2 or 3 back then who had cars

Shame!! what about cars that I saw in clip where they were rehearsing Danger de mort? I saw ferre with a car,fally with a small  VW and Sheila mputu with another 4w drive. archos does it mean that ferre came out of wmm without a car? This actually gets me back to my earlier question, how much are these guys paid in these big bands? Can someone live well while still playing with these bands?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 13:52 by 36 »

archos #12 on: November 06, 2013, 14:05

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 I was talking about the generation of academia,the generation of those in big groups in 2000's had much much more opportunities with cars,there is even some band members who have 10 cars at home and at some point even female dancers had cars
they do not get paid much, but gain much more through dedicating a song to somebody,dedicating people in those songs then and also begging
imagine lopele alone and the names genta dedicated bought him one big house,or a guy like heritier who had bought one house just with the money he got from fans after double zenith
like i often say  they can get up to 20 times more than their salary  if the leader really gives them full freedom with people's names because sometimes leaders let you release a song but  you can only dedicate 20 names and him the almost 100 remaining
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 14:05 by 25 »

Ken Bilele #13 on: November 06, 2013, 14:42

• View Profile
<cite>@archos said:</cite>
I was talking about the generation of academia,the generation of those in big groups in 2000's had much much more opportunities with cars,there is even some band members who have 10 cars at home and at some point even female dancers had cars
they do not get paid much, but gain much more through dedicating a song to somebody,dedicating people in those songs then and also begging
imagine lopele alone and the names genta dedicated bought him one big house,or a guy like heritier who had bought one house just with the money he got from fans after double zenith
like i often say  they can get up to 20 times more than their salary  if the leader really gives them full freedom with people's names because sometimes leaders let you release a song but  you can only dedicate 20 names and him the almost 100 remaining

THANK YOU ARCHOS!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 14:42 by 36 »

masatomo #14 on: November 06, 2013, 15:21

• View Profile
Exactly they left because they were treated like dirt by Koffi.Lebou and Somono came with that idea after the recording of Droit De Veto and the zenith concert (why Somono wasn't in Olympia ?). They asked  Sam,Babia,Bouro and Modogo to join them only Babia refuses and he go tell Koffi about that but Koffi didn't trust him. In January 1999 when he was time to go back to Kinshasa he realise that many musicians were absent and that it was true.By the way is it true that Suzuki letf before the Olympia show because of the arrival of Depitcho ? . Passe Kosse said that in a 2000 interview.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 15:21 by 202 »