Author Topic: HOW IS KOFFI'S NEW ALBUM WITH CINDY DOING IN CONGO?  (Read 9504 times)

Ken Bilele on: August 08, 2013, 09:09

• View Profile
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 09:09 by 36 »

Ken Bilele #1 on: August 08, 2013, 09:11

• View Profile
gentlemen any update on how this album with songs like koupe and libebe  doing in Congo. thank you
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 09:11 by 36 »

EMOVICTEAM #2 on: August 08, 2013, 13:56

• View Profile
I thought this album is a neglected one...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 13:56 by 11 »

archos #3 on: August 12, 2013, 23:55

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
in kinshasa it has the "minimum level of success of any cd featuring a big name" and slightly more than that but definitely nowhere near koffi's own two recent albums
songs are decent/good in many people's view but like emo says there is the feeling that the album was neglected
some people even go as far as saying koffi gave cindy a poisoned gift
plus they also say,for an album who was supposed to be cindy's,koffi is way too present it ends up looking like a koffi album
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 23:55 by 25 »

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #4 on: August 13, 2013, 00:36

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I also followed an interview by Laura Pitshou Tendance,she says exactly like you have archos............that though it was meant to be a Cindy album,there's too much of Koffi and infact some songs are remixes of koffi's old stuff. Laura suggested that koffi needs to leave Cindy to buy songs and he can just aid her with arrangement etc,she should experiment just like Meje30 has and has proved that she's a true star and that Tshala Muana has what it takes to produce good rhumba despite being Queen of mutuashi etc
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 00:36 by 4 »
LE BIG BOSS

Mwana Nsalu #5 on: August 13, 2013, 01:01

• mama mabele ~ mother earth
    • View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique
<cite>@Sylvester said:</cite>
I also followed an interview by Laura Pitshou Tendance,she says exactly like you have archos............that though it was meant to be a Cindy album,there's too much of Koffi and infact some songs are remixes of koffi's old stuff. Laura suggested that koffi needs to leave Cindy to buy songs and he can just aid her with arrangement etc,she should experiment just like Meje30 has and has proved that she's a true star and that Tshala Muana has what it takes to produce good rhumba despite being Queen of mutuashi etc

these are great points. i still am not sure what caused tshala muana and meje30 to split but she gave her a great start. tshala muana has a GREAT ear and the work she's done with meje30 is top notch in my book.

i have heard most of cindy's album and nothing stands out to me at all. she is being wasted as a talent imo.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 01:01 by 14 »

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #6 on: August 13, 2013, 14:49

• Administrator
    • View Profile
@Mwana Nsalu said:
i have heard most of cindy's album and nothing stands out to me at all. she is being wasted as a talent imo.

Spot on!!! wasted talent. She's a very good singer but Koffi doesn't know what to do with her,she would do wonders with a musician like Bozi Boziana who knows how to effectively utilise female singers.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 14:49 by 4 »
LE BIG BOSS

Ken Bilele #7 on: August 15, 2013, 10:58

• View Profile
I cant believe you guys, you mean those beautiful songs are going to waste? ok! but i get your points the album is simply koffi's with the help of cindy and not vice verser
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 10:58 by 36 »

shamala #8 on: August 22, 2013, 15:44

• View Profile
My critique
Cindy would have done better. The album is distinctly Koffi's up to mabanga, dance styles, dressage etc. Notice when Ferre Fally  Fabregas meje Lacoste left their groups they played their own distinct music hence their success..  Jos Diena cannot be differentiated from Wazekwa even after taking off with seasoned artists.

Cindy should step away from the large than life shadow of his mentor. Band leadership is more than being individually a good artist.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 15:44 by 37 »
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

shamala #9 on: August 22, 2013, 15:46

• View Profile
Is the female atalaku in Cindy's album Sergolene?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 15:46 by 37 »
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

50 #10 on: August 22, 2013, 16:39

<cite>@shamala said:</cite>
Is the female atalaku in Cindy's album Sergolene?

The atalaku in Cindy's album is Cindy het self, Aspirine and Tresor Nzinga.
It was Koffi who didn't want to give Cindy's al the freedom to made her first album. Because he was scared that she could left like Fally Ipupa in 2006, who had all the freedom to make mabanga's, dance style, dressafe, videoclips and songs. It was funny to see how Koffi fired him, after being angry on him for promoting his album without his permittion.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 16:39 by 50 »