Author Topic: Serious question about the Wenge Reunion Album  (Read 640 times)

Seben_Maniac on: May 01, 2023, 03:04

• View Profile
I just have a few questions about the Wenge reunion album. When does it come out? Also, how do you think the format will be? With it have generiques and seben? Or will it just be another rhumba-filled album? I'm concerned because I think the donors will ruin the album with their rhumba requests which defeats the purpose of the album. I would even prefer remixes of the original songs over new rhumba. What do you guys expect?

Mfumu Vata #1 on: May 01, 2023, 03:33

• View Profile
About the album he saw last year Sankara filming Werrason in the studio with Fi-Carré playing lead and Makaba directing them by playing shaker and programmed drums. But after that it went quit. Then I saw on Aimelia Tiktok Makaba in Europe in the studio working on the sound of Wenge 4x4's concert at Stade des Martyrs, Ekokota correcting his animations and Didier Masela correcting bass-lines. But until this day the live-album isn't out, there still no official images and the promised netflix documentary about the event is not there yet.

I dont think that the album will come out this year. They said that they would record the album in Cape Verde but until this day they haven't been there, also they haven't made any press-conference, interview together to officaly announce album nor teasure being made. I also about them performing on 30 june (indepedence) since that there any info about on social media or internet despite jb mpiana having said multiple times in interviews that they would perform every independence day together. Adolphe was making noise about them performing at Ndolo Aiport. But I don't think that they will get 2 millions people over there. Their level now is to perform vip concerts at Pullman, Showbuzz, Rotana & Village Chez Ntemba

When Werrason was talking about the project. He said that they would bring Ndombolo back by coming with the original formula of having having sebenes to fight Nigerian music. About the songs both JB and Werra said in interview that their manager Abou Diaby only wants 4 songs for the album.

Recording remixes would ruin the album. I think that it would be better to let them records songs of the 1990s that didn't make it on albums.

Wenge1995 #2 on: May 01, 2023, 04:51

• View Profile
About the album he saw last year Sankara filming Werrason in the studio with Fi-Carré playing lead and Makaba directing them by playing shaker and programmed drums. But after that it went quit. Then I saw on Aimelia Tiktok Makaba in Europe in the studio working on the sound of Wenge 4x4's concert at Stade des Martyrs, Ekokota correcting his animations and Didier Masela correcting bass-lines. But until this day the live-album isn't out, there still no official images and the promised netflix documentary about the event is not there yet.

I dont think that the album will come out this year. They said that they would record the album in Cape Verde but until this day they haven't been there, also they haven't made any press-conference, interview together to officaly announce album nor teasure being made. I also about them performing on 30 june (indepedence) since that there any info about on social media or internet despite jb mpiana having said multiple times in interviews that they would perform every independence day together. Adolphe was making noise about them performing at Ndolo Aiport. But I don't think that they will get 2 millions people over there. Their level now is to perform vip concerts at Pullman, Showbuzz, Rotana & Village Chez Ntemba

When Werrason was talking about the project. He said that they would bring Ndombolo back by coming with the original formula of having having sebenes to fight Nigerian music. About the songs both JB and Werra said in interview that their manager Abou Diaby only wants 4 songs for the album.

Recording remixes would ruin the album. I think that it would be better to let them records songs of the 1990s that didn't make it on albums.

Do you think they're missing a producer that can keep them focused? Or was the reunion not well planned? It seems like there's no leadership in terms of coordinating the documentary or the album. They all seem to be doing their own thing, I'm not sure if the album is going to come out.

Mfumu Vata #3 on: May 01, 2023, 09:41

• View Profile
they have their manager abou diaby and his label masa as their producer. some claim that it was president fatshi in reality being behind the project to have wenge 4x4 reunited for the concert they did last year and abou diaby just being a puppet.

Wenge1995 #4 on: May 01, 2023, 10:22

• View Profile
they have their manager abou diaby and his label masa as their producer. some claim that it was president fatshi in reality being behind the project to have wenge 4x4 reunited for the concert they did last year and abou diaby just being a puppet.

The President of RDC was behind this project? Wow, you'd think he'd have bigger things to worry about than Wenge Musica...sheesh!

Longbluesquid #5 on: May 01, 2023, 11:52

• View Profile
Congolese definitely need a proper project manager or coordinator to get this organized. I didn’t know there was a Netflix documentary planned for this. That would have been huge.

Manzambi94 #6 on: May 01, 2023, 13:31

• View Profile

The President of RDC was behind this project? Wow, you'd think he'd have bigger things to worry about than Wenge Musica...sheesh!
Lol you don't know Congolese pooiticians then, Gentiny Mbaka Ngobila the name that you hear in Zebuka a lot with the "Ngobilaaaaaaa eee, Ngobila, Ngobila, Ngobila, is the Kinsahsa governo was Kinshasa governour and if Oapa Heri shouts him out you can have idea of how many money he spent (Prpbably of taxpayers) for that shouts giving that he used to run as a governour till 2019 starting from 2916 and Balle  Match was in preparazione for 10 years. The same foundati9n of music after the 70s is Mobutu giving Musicians Money from taxpayers to sing sings about how good the country was