Author Topic: Daniel 6000 passed away  (Read 2784 times)

Sydo on: February 28, 2022, 19:26

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Rest in Peace. He was ill for many years.

Formerly Musiquezairoise

Manzambi94 #1 on: February 28, 2022, 19:30

• View Profile
Rest in Peace. He was ill for many years.

Sorry Who was Daniel 6000? I probably might recognise him in face but I am too young to remember his name

Sydo #2 on: February 28, 2022, 19:37

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Daniel 6000 was a guitarist. He first joined several Christian music orchestras before joining the attempt to resurrect TP OK Jazz in 1996 where he played on an album (La Relève). The following year he joined Zaïko Langa Langa and played on the album Nous Y Sommes in 1998, it is the album that reveals him to the public especially with the song 77x7 in the break "Tukulanda Daniele". He left the group around 2003 after the release of the album Eureka in December 2002. He then based himself in Ireland where he became ill around 2013. Shortly before he launched his band, The Daniel Muyumbo Band.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 20:00 by Sydo »
Formerly Musiquezairoise

Matebu #3 on: February 28, 2022, 20:51

• View Profile
RIP - was so sad seeing him in his condition in the last video

bencuri #4 on: February 28, 2022, 20:54

• Administrator
    • View Profile
He was a pretty good guitarist.

His tutorial is available here by the way:
http://prosmart-studio.com/product/10013-Congolose%20Solo%20Guitar%20-%20Tone%20Setting

Mfumu Vata #5 on: March 01, 2022, 00:24

• View Profile
Rest in Peace. Daniel 6000 really talented. But sometimes I feel that music-fans didn't discover all the capacities he had in himself. After Poison came with more great sebenes, but they didn't make it on CD. He got alot hyped in the press, until that Koffi tried to lure him in Quartier Latin around the  Force de Frappe-era which created alot of polemic and from that moment  the hype about him was quickly over. I hope that now people that weren't really following music could now know who Daniel is. Because fake pastors came with false stories about Daniel and the cri of it and many people also believing it. While it was just himself Daniel 6000 the solist.

According to Papy Cocaine, Daniel decided to leave Zaiko in Ireland along with 2 other musicians. Because they were mad that Nyoka Longo didn't give them anything after Zenith and saying that who isn't happy. So they decided to leave in Ireland. Back at that time alot of Congolese people based in Europe used to migrate to Ireland. In Ireland he created a band with the 2 guys also being joined by Victoria Eleison drummer Signora Depatra Uomo and they toured around Ireland, and one of their show even broadcasted at the Irish national television. Sadly I don't remember the name of their band. Depatra Uomo once talked about that again when getting interviewed by Ado Yuhe

Eureka was supposed to be released in dec 2002 to party Zaiko's 33 anniversary, but the release got delayed and came in February '03, After that they presented the album 2 months later at Cabaret Sauvage.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 00:31 by Mfumu Vata »

Mfumu Vata #6 on: March 01, 2022, 01:07

• View Profile

These sebenes were along with 7x77 my favorites of Daniel 6000.

Longbluesquid #7 on: March 01, 2022, 01:38

• View Profile
Which albums did he participate on?

bencuri #8 on: March 01, 2022, 03:36

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Rest in Peace. Daniel 6000 really talented. But sometimes I feel that music-fans didn't discover all the capacities he had in himself. After Poison came with more great sebenes, but they didn't make it on CD. He got alot hyped in the press, until that Koffi tried to lure him in Quartier Latin around the  Force de Frappe-era which created alot of polemic and from that moment  the hype about him was quickly over. I hope that now people that weren't really following music could now know who Daniel is. Because fake pastors came with false stories about Daniel and the cri of it and many people also believing it. While it was just himself Daniel 6000 the solist.

According to Papy Cocaine, Daniel decided to leave Zaiko in Ireland along with 2 other musicians. Because they were mad that Nyoka Longo didn't give them anything after Zenith and saying that who isn't happy. So they decided to leave in Ireland. Back at that time alot of Congolese people based in Europe used to migrate to Ireland. In Ireland he created a band with the 2 guys also being joined by Victoria Eleison drummer Signora Depatra Uomo and they toured around Ireland, and one of their show even broadcasted at the Irish national television. Sadly I don't remember the name of their band. Depatra Uomo once talked about that again when getting interviewed by Ado Yuhe

Eureka was supposed to be released in dec 2002 to party Zaiko's 33 anniversary, but the release got delayed and came in February '03, After that they presented the album 2 months later at Cabaret Sauvage.

Here is a good sebene from the Poison era:

Mfumu Vata #9 on: March 01, 2022, 08:32

• View Profile
Which albums did he participate on?

Nous Y Sommes where he played lead along with BeniKo Popolipo and Petit Poisson. He played also in Poison along with Volvo Lukebuka. In the EP Feeling along with Tshanda Sourate. Eureka was his last album where he also played along with Tshanda Sourate
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 13:14 by Mfumu Vata »

Nyumu Wa Mukiti #10 on: March 01, 2022, 12:54

• View Profile
May he RIP. A good guitarist he was.

I didn't know that he is the guy who played in Feeling. Thank you Mfumu for the info. 

Sydo #11 on: April 08, 2022, 20:09

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Daniel will be buried on the 16th of April. His body was brought to Kinshasa.
Formerly Musiquezairoise

Ammo_Jaymz #12 on: April 28, 2022, 20:49

• View Profile
RIP..

Now playing- 77x7..a tribute.

Nous Y Sommes is a Big Album.. rarely gets the hype it deserves among the Zaiko albums