Author Topic: 7 JOURS VS KIBUISA MPIMPA  (Read 6209 times)

Manzambi94 on: May 22, 2017, 08:19

• View Profile
After the Bill departure, only Sous-Sol were able to keep the paste of Kibuisa Mpipa but even though it was a great album (Adjani comeback, Brigade presentation, Lacoste's song and Five all-star atalaku togheter) it failed to be a legendary album like Kibuisa. since Mayi Ya Sika things went worse with Werra not even trying to comeback, after some failied albums, Sarah Solo and Ambulance look like the new version of Bill Clinton and Kapaya do you think they will manage to replicate and even pass the legacy and the success of Kibuisa Mpipa?

JV “Lone Ranger” #1 on: May 22, 2017, 10:24

• View Profile
It will never happened....that was once in a life time type of moments and period

CM PRINCE #2 on: May 22, 2017, 11:59

• View Profile
Why would you even try and compare the two it's not gonna happen with kibuisa it had the golden team of maison mere you can't even compare maison mere of them to the one of now werra is past his prime he hasn't released a classic in years 7 jours will not be anything like kibuisa period

Nkosi #3 on: May 22, 2017, 12:37

• View Profile
Let's wait and listen to the album.  There is still room to produce an album ten times better.  Werra  has a list of songs he has kept way back from the Wenge days.  He  unleashed a few on solola bien and kibuisa and kept some for future albums one being Arch de Noe. 90% kibuisa was not done by any of the guys who participated on it.  They just sung and played on it and added a bit (10%). Those songs were from way back even before first album of Maison Mere. 

Matebu #4 on: May 22, 2017, 13:48

• View Profile

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #5 on: May 22, 2017, 14:15

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Can't tell the future but i don't think it's possible or maybe i say far-fetched dream even for Werra himself. At the time of making Kibuisa,Werra had the most solid band comprising excellent singers who worked well together and not forgetting the arrangement work of people like Al Nzimbi, Japonais, Kapaya and others.
LE BIG BOSS

archos #6 on: May 22, 2017, 14:21

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
for me 7 jours is more on the mould  of malewa and hopefully of the sous sol and co on the few sebene rumba parts
but like stated above albums like kibuisa v12 or titanic to name a few are very very complicated to reproduce because first the secret of those albums is 99 per cent at least of those groups peaking at the same moment perfect conditions to release almost perfect motivation surrounding the artists... and its been one hell of a long time we have seen such context in any album

KAISARI #7 on: May 22, 2017, 16:00

• Soul Rebel
    • View Profile
All bias aside,  let's see if the current team can make their mark...
You do not beat a drum with one finger

princesab #8 on: May 22, 2017, 16:59

• View Profile
Can't tell the future but i don't think it's possible or maybe i say far-fetched dream even for Werra himself. At the time of making Kibuisa,Werra had the most solid band comprising excellent singers who worked well together and not forgetting the arrangement work of people like Al Nzimbi, Japonais, Kapaya and others.

well said...

Matebu #9 on: May 22, 2017, 17:20

• View Profile
7 jours is supposed to have a big dosage of "world" songs, many of which produced in Chicago, so I'm not so sure it'll be a traditional style album

JV “Lone Ranger” #10 on: May 22, 2017, 17:50

• View Profile
That 'Malembe' song ft Eddy Kenzo is the type of songs you will get from his upcoming album

Congomusiclover001 #11 on: May 22, 2017, 17:53

• View Profile
We should also not forget that A la Queue Leu Leu was also an impeccable album. Those two albums were the best of Werra. Anything after those two, the rest have been so so. Especially Temoignage...that was a flop IMO

Seben_Maniac #12 on: May 22, 2017, 20:57

• View Profile
for me 7 jours is more on the mould  of malewa and hopefully of the sous sol and co on the few sebene rumba parts
but like stated above albums like kibuisa v12 or titanic to name a few are very very complicated to reproduce because first the secret of those albums is 99 per cent at least of those groups peaking at the same moment perfect conditions to release almost perfect motivation surrounding the artists... and its been one hell of a long time we have seen such context in any album

I agree with this. I atleast hope the generique is good.

masatomo #13 on: May 22, 2017, 21:56

• View Profile
In my opinion Werra has never done a classic album since the dream team left. Alerte Générale is a good maxi single. And I always wanted to know if the generique(Alerte Générale) was supposed to be the one of the original version of Miracles. Témoignage is ok but it don't reach the quality of Kibuisa Mpimpa. For me Werra started to lost if since Temps Présent,Malewa ect..

O-Afrika #14 on: May 23, 2017, 23:00

• View Profile
I think we should only compare when the album is released. It may be a surprise.