Author Topic: RIP Ben Nyamabo (founder of Choc Stars)  (Read 4923 times)

mvulusi96 on: December 04, 2019, 16:47

mvulusi96 #1 on: December 04, 2019, 16:53

I wonder how Adricha Tipo Tipo, who’s now in prison, feels about it. Because he beated him 2 months ago, when they were arguing about royalties of Socoda. Claming that Ben & Nyoman Longo were stealing money.

Matebu #2 on: December 04, 2019, 16:58

• View Profile
Oh my goodness, RIP. He is one of the greatest band leaders to walk this earth. 

archos #3 on: December 04, 2019, 16:59

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
rip vieux nyams,i saw shaka kongo few days ago as usual criticizing musicians for totally abandoning him while he was in coma and that they would have rushed  if there was potential money around(i can already see him attack them now that they will manifest themselves with his death)

Pabloone71 #4 on: December 04, 2019, 17:18

He died today
The fathers of Bill and Brigade are dead, and again him, oh my God!! Oh I mourn my old man, he was kind, and loved the talents of people, and humble.
OMG!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Ben Nyamabo (RIP), what a coincidence listening to the music of Choc Stars.

(for the song Riana in remix of Ben Nyamabo)

RIP the legend of Choc Stars , ah dad :'( :'( :'(!

Mukulu #5 on: December 04, 2019, 17:30

• View Profile
oh RIP Président Ben.

I often listen to choc stars. 

one of the best bands of all time for me!  I hope that concerts removed from YouTube will reappear

Mukulu #6 on: December 04, 2019, 17:36

• View Profile
oh Harris diavua's YouTube account is closed because of copyrights!

he had plenty of videos and he's a big fan of choc stars

BercysFinest98 #7 on: December 04, 2019, 17:40

• View Profile
Oh no!!! It was literally a month ago where I was getting into the Epaka Masasi/Code 007 album! (One of may favourite songs being Dimbenzi with RAMAZANI on solo or however you spell it) I didn't really listen to him and Choc Stars as much, however nobody deserves death! May he rest in peace!

archos #8 on: December 04, 2019, 18:32

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

Longbluesquid #9 on: December 04, 2019, 19:22

• View Profile
Been listening to the track Mauvis Souvenir Bwana that Sebene was on that Riana medley on Ratissage. Any info on that Choc Stars project?

Drumstar98 #10 on: December 04, 2019, 20:21

• View Profile
Rest in peace PDG Nyamabo my youtube channel had a lot of choc stars videos.

Drumstar98 #11 on: December 04, 2019, 21:17

• View Profile
He gave leadership to Debaba after Defao's departure. The members of Choc Stars that passed away.

Opicho
Monza 1er
Debaba Dieka Mbaki
Jerry Lema
Otis Edjudju

mvulusi96 #12 on: December 04, 2019, 21:29

He gave leadership to Debaba after Defao's departure. The members of Choc Stars that passed away.

Opicho
Monza 1er
Debaba Dieka Mbaki
Jerry Lema
Otis Edjudju

When did Otis Edjudju die? Or do you mean the one who used to be with Kester, Papa Wemba, Isifi and Yoka Lokole, who was called Otis Koyongonda "moto na libandi" who wrote the song Jamaica and invented the langila-language which Kester took over. Because you had two drummers who were called Otis.

Do you have the rare album Debaba made with Fatou La Gazelle, Chico Mundele and co ater Defao's departure ? The album is very rare, its more than 20 years that i'm looking for that album (the same for Wenge medley/remix album of Mulolo in 1990 called Wenge Live and Defao's first album with Big Stars which included the original version of Solange Lima, Albert Mulopwe and Aime K.). I wonder why they didn't re-release those albums on the market, because those albums are historical.

Alot people don't know or forgot that Debaba, named Choc Stars as "Nouvelle Ecriture" when Defao left. There were even posters of Nouvelle Ecriture being written below Choc Stars.Sometimes I wonder if Bendoson didn't took the inspiration from there, to name Viva "aile Kin" Nouvelle Ecriture which was already used by Debaba.

Drumstar98 #13 on: December 04, 2019, 21:48

• View Profile

Opicho
Monza 1er
Debaba Dieka Mbaki
Jerry Lema
Otis Edjudju

When did Otis Edjudju die? Or do you mean the one who used to be with Kester, Papa Wemba, Isifi and Yoka Lokole, who was called Otis Koyongonda "moto na libandi" who wrote the song Jamaica and invented the langila-language which Kester took over. Because you had two drummers who were called Otis.

Do you have the rare album Debaba made with Fatou La Gazelle, Chico Mundele and co ater Defao's departure ? The album is very rare, its more than 20 years that i'm looking for that album (the same for Wenge medley/remix album of Mulolo in 1990 called Wenge Live and Defao's first album with Big Stars which included the original version of Solange Lima, Albert Mulopwe and Aime K.). I wonder why they didn't re-release those albums on the market, because those albums are historical.

Alot people don't know or forgot that Debaba, named Choc Stars as "Nouvelle Ecriture" when Defao left. There were even posters of Nouvelle Ecriture being written below Choc Stars.Sometimes I wonder if Bendoson didn't took the inspiration from there, to name Viva "aile Kin" Nouvelle Ecriture which was already used by Debaba.

Otis Edjudju Modhe started his career in Minzoto Wella Wella after that he joined Langa Langa Stars after they came back from their European Tour when Langa Langa Stars had a leadership problem he joined Ben Nyamabo, Roxy and Bozi Boziana in the newly formed Choc Stars during the Mid 80s he played on Zaiko nzing nzong albums. After he became the main drummer in Choc Stars until he left to stay in Brussels he played on Willo Mondo album, Destin album of Josky Kiambukuta and Madilu and Esperant Djengaka albums he sadly passed away in July 2018.

I'm looking for that Debaba and Defao but sadly I found nothing but I never knew Debaba gave the name Nouvelle Ecriture. An interesting fact that album of Debaba was his last album before he left after he left Chico Mundele, Fatou Ndebo and the rest all departed Choc Stars after Petit Prince returned.

mrvibes #14 on: December 04, 2019, 23:48

• View Profile
I do understand that this is difficult time for families and friends .
But what i dont understand after watching the shaka kongo videois the fact that .he is trying to incriminate his fellow musicians for not coming to see the deceased while hospitalized like it could have changed anything ..we all have a specific day we have to leave this earth ..no matter how big financial help you get ..if its your day to go..you will be gone. Financial and personal Assistance is a great thing but it does not change anything if its meant to be .it is going to happen no matter what.
On the other end all i can say is bravo l'artiste..he was a great and ambitious man who deserved to be compted among the great musician of out coutry.. RIP Ben nyamabo ..a sure legend gone too soon