Author Topic: I'M AMAZED THAT "SHALAI" CAME OUT 21 YEARS AGO  (Read 3491 times)

Matebu on: May 27, 2020, 20:28

• View Profile
I remeber being absolutely stunned by how how the good sound quality was/is when it first came out - 21st century sound at the very end of the 20th century. The Steinberger solo licks, chorus, rhythm/mi-solo and the animations are perfect.

The use of the shakers is still the best I've ever heard in generique (it's become a lost art since artists/bands have forgetten about it)

The clip also very good

BercysFinest98 #1 on: May 28, 2020, 08:01

• View Profile
This is my favourite Extra Musica album for so many reasons! The sebenes will have you going crazy!

SoukousFan #2 on: May 28, 2020, 09:24

• View Profile
I really agree! For me the sebenes that stand out, Aministe Shalai, Ndzima, Zineba, and Laissez Passer to an extent  ;D

BercysFinest98 #3 on: May 28, 2020, 10:06

• View Profile
I really agree! For me the sebenes that stand out, Aministe Shalai, Ndzima, Zineba, and Laissez Passer to an extent  ;D
Hahaha same here! The Shalaï générique is so underrated in comparison to État Major! My favourite sebenes would have to be, Shalaï as already mentioned, Ndzima, Zineba, Sissi L'impératrice and one of my top favourites, Complainte! A Vous De Voir is one of my favourite songs on the album next to Complainte!

It's songs like these that really make me want to save up to buy a vintage Steinberger GM4T like Roga Roga & Makaba!

MwanaMokili #4 on: May 28, 2020, 19:15

• View Profile
I remeber being absolutely stunned by how how the good sound quality was/is when it first came out - 21st century sound at the very end of the 20th century. The Steinberger solo licks, chorus, rhythm/mi-solo and the animations are perfect.

You are right Matebu.
This group was right up there in quality.
This album was so professionally done it was difficult to not like.

Very good album this,  as well as their other album Etat Major....

PCGY KASTELLO #5 on: May 29, 2020, 16:18

• View Profile
Dzima is on top of the Pile on this Album

Mfumu Vata #6 on: May 31, 2020, 12:01

• View Profile
Back in days, Extra Musica was n1 with their album Etat Major, touring whole Black Africa and filling stadiums, getting mutiple awards. But they felt threatened by the succes of Extra Musica International who released Super Helico on the market (the original dance of helicopter) and the way they stole their n1 spot in Brazzaville. It forced them to give once again everything bringing with them the newly recruited Arafat who came from Extra Musica International and the reserve singers Papy Jah and Papy Bastin to Europe. They performed at Palais des Sports & Batalcan, toured in Europe and the United States. Like Etat Major, Shalai would be a big hit. It would confirm Doudou Copa as a grand chanteur with the song Horizon 2000 and people discover the talents of Papy Jah, Arafat & Papy Bastin.

Mfumu Vata #7 on: May 31, 2020, 12:03

• View Profile
My favorite sebenes are Tu Me Manques, Complainte, Sisi l'Imperatrice, Laissez Passer, Solitude  and the generique itself.

SLK97 #8 on: May 31, 2020, 13:27

• View Profile
I remember when I used to play the generique more than once every day, back in the days lol. IMO, Shalai is underrated when you compare it to the albums that came before and after it. Complainte and Zineba are part of my favourite sebenes of all time, and I also love A Vous de Voir, Laissez Passer and Sissi L'imperatrice. The entire album is already awesome enough, but these five songs stand out the most.

Wenge1995 #9 on: May 31, 2020, 19:09

• View Profile
Back in days, Extra Musica was n1 with their album Etat Major, touring whole Black Africa and filling stadiums, getting mutiple awards. But they felt threatened by the succes of Extra Musica International who released Super Helico on the market (the original dance of helicopter) and the way they stole their n1 spot in Brazzaville. It forced them to give once again everything bringing with them the newly recruited Arafat who came from Extra Musica International and the reserve singers Papy Jah and Papy Bastin to Europe. They performed at Palais des Sports & Batalcan, toured in Europe and the United States. Like Etat Major, Shalai would be a big hit. It would confirm Doudou Copa as a grand chanteur with the song Horizon 2000 and people discover the talents of Papy Jah, Arafat & Papy Bastin.

I'm surprised Roga's ties to the President couldn't get them Visas to tour Europe during the ngulu affaire. It was downhill for them

mokosarkani #10 on: June 01, 2020, 09:23

• View Profile

The use of the shakers is still the best I've ever heard in generique (it's become a lost art since artists/bands have forgetten about it)

The clip also very good

BENGA NGA NA KOMBO YA ZANGUL EH EPAKA ESILI NA KATI YA MBOKA EHHH....man just pure fire.....