Author Topic: Does a generique outcome depend mostly on the atalaku??  (Read 4808 times)

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda on: July 19, 2021, 22:02

• View Profile
If so then we are likely to faxe serious drought cause for now the best atalaku is Bercy and he is busy with some other things........ Everyone else is washed out e.g Kabuya........ This excludes footballers Fuse, Genta etc

BienMat23 #1 on: July 19, 2021, 22:12

• View Profile
I think so but also good soloists who are allowed to express themselves and create new danceable licks

Longbluesquid #2 on: July 19, 2021, 22:51

• View Profile
What are the Congolese dancing in clubs to? Long rumbas????:(

Manzambi94 #3 on: July 19, 2021, 23:54

• View Profile

Nigerian and other foreigners music except for Innoss it seems the young generation have a real disdain for their culture do not know why

BienMat23 #4 on: July 20, 2021, 00:46

• View Profile

Nigerian and other foreigners music except for Innoss it seems the young generation have a real disdain for their culture do not know why
Do you not think that the lack of quality and exposure in rumba right now including generiques is contributing to it?

Mfumu Vata #5 on: July 20, 2021, 02:08

• View Profile

Do you not think that the lack of quality and exposure in rumba right now including generiques is contributing to it?

No, it’s due to the rise of foreign tv channel like Trace, Canal+ Afrique and at the same time the popularity of Afrobeat with the new generation preferring and wanting to copy foreign music. We often talked about it on this forum. It started slowly from 2008/09 and  those who used to making rumba/Ndombolo music having difficulties to fight Afrobeat and Coupe Décale at home, because local dj’s and artists are also making that kind of music. Since that it already lasted 10/15 years, the new generation is used to it since that they grew up with and seeing it as their identity.

Mfumu Vata #6 on: July 20, 2021, 02:10

• View Profile

Yeah they are dancing to rumba’s if they want to jump they put Afrobeat/Coupe Décale of local artists/dj’s or music from MPR, Gazz Fabulous, Inoss B, Gaz Mawete and music from Ghana, Nigeria & Tanzania. Ndombolo is passed since years in Kinshasa.

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda #7 on: July 20, 2021, 06:10

• View Profile
So we have to admit that genre is gone, no matter how painful that is.........personally all these other genres make less sense for me, I will just have to try and live with it.

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda #8 on: July 20, 2021, 06:11

• View Profile
I think so but also good soloists who are allowed to express themselves and create new danceable licks
yeah true so I think its combination of these two.......... Cause Bikorino is good but he can't do anything at WMM without an aggressive atalaku.

Cavalier Solitaire #9 on: July 20, 2021, 08:14

• View Profile
The genre is in ICU (Intensive Care Unit) what is keeping it alive is the mastery of performing live music at concerts and that is still happening thanks to the deep rooted practice that has been passed on from generation to generation. The day even these artists who are doing crossover albums start prioritizing playbacks over live performance is the day we will organise an official funeral to put the genre to its final resting place. 

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda #10 on: July 20, 2021, 21:06

• View Profile
The genre is in ICU (Intensive Care Unit) what is keeping it alive is the mastery of performing live music at concerts and that is still happening thanks to the deep rooted practice that has been passed on from generation to generation. The day even these artists who are doing crossover albums start prioritizing playbacks over live performance is the day we will organise an official funeral to put the genre to its final resting place.
kkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkk

Roméo Seben #11 on: July 20, 2021, 22:05

• View Profile
I'm not Congolese so maybe I don't have my say in this disscussion.
But I don't understand this need of domination in music from Congolese people in regards to rumba and sebene....

Of course this genre of music was the most popular once upon a time (and I still love it) but things change, evolve sometimes.

It's like people who were listening to jazz music or reggae, and still want it to be the number one music in the world and disregard any other types of music which came after theirs (RnB, Hip-Hop for example).

Congolese music is live music, concerts, true instrumentalists, amazing singers...

Today with autotune, digital beats,  everyone wants and can have a career in music... Other countries have developed, have grown economically, and want their culture, language to shine.

But if you guys have noticed, when a new African artist  wants to be taken seriously, she or he will pay homage to Congolese artists who made Africa and other continents dance.

shamala #12 on: July 20, 2021, 22:25

• View Profile
The genre is in ICU (Intensive Care Unit) what is keeping it alive is the mastery of performing live music at concerts and that is still happening thanks to the deep rooted practice that has been passed on from generation to generation.

The main reason I prefer live concerts to albums. Musicians get some freedom to do their thing. I managed to capture this before it gets lost.
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

archos #13 on: July 20, 2021, 22:38

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
interesting question,in the past,it used to be musicians who are very eager to prove themselves who come with almost ready generiques on which leaders would just make adjustment along with instrumentists
nowadays its more and more leaders who buy a couple of generiques or shapes of generique,then give animation to their main atalaku then share to others
yeah atalakus still do create or still do get from people,but lets be honest the animation section has gotten veryyyyyyyy lazy
all most atalakus are able to do in case leader does not have anything planned and they are forced to offer something of their own is sexual animation,the new trick they found so that people do not always figure easily is pretending to be talking about food
even some of the rare who still have strong work ethic like my guy genta do that seeing that it works often more that elaborated animation about a story or a social phenomenon
also some leaders deliberately limit their atalakus for various reasons,for example wazekwa no room for sexual animation,or other artist who for example had one hit doing a certain style then forcing their atalakus to style to that style for ever,like lacoste who keeps trying bonioma everytime,while recording proper generiques then sending it to trash,fabregas limiting more and more his atalakus  into the agwaya style or its kinda derivate he defines as his own style
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 22:42 by archos »

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda #14 on: July 21, 2021, 06:19

• View Profile
I'm not Congolese so maybe I don't have my say in this disscussion.
But I don't understand this need of domination in music from Congolese people in regards to rumba and sebene....

Of course this genre of music was the most popular once upon a time (and I still love it) but things change, evolve sometimes.

It's like people who were listening to jazz music or reggae, and still want it to be the number one music in the world and disregard any other types of music which came after theirs (RnB, Hip-Hop for example).

Congolese music is live music, concerts, true instrumentalists, amazing singers...

Today with autotune, digital beats,  everyone wants and can have a career in music... Other countries have developed, have grown economically, and want their culture, language to shine.

But if you guys have noticed, when a new African artist  wants to be taken seriously, she or he will pay homage to Congolese artists who made Africa and other continents dance.
Very true......... Personally I do not really mind about dominance, they have had their share and they were super triumphant in their days. My worry is in the Lukewarm generiques they release........ The songs keep getting weaker that some of them they don't even sing the new songs in concerts.............. I am not saying Frabos Lokolo is a bad song, but the energy that is being channeled to it mmmmm, Koffi's Dance yaba congolais,Felix Wazekwa New generique