Author Topic: Omba Lipassa just released his first song after leaving Quartier Latin  (Read 509 times)

CM PRINCE on: June 29, 2023, 17:12

• View Profile

Manzambi94 #1 on: June 30, 2023, 03:08

• View Profile

I think that despite Rhumba being prevalent new artists should start their career with a generique as a first song, tbh I don't really remember recently a musician becoming a star after leaving the group with a Rhumba except for But Na Fillet

CM PRINCE #2 on: June 30, 2023, 04:31

• View Profile
Well to be honest and I’m not the biggest rhumba fan myself but it doesn’t make sense for an artist going solo releasing his first song as a Generique. Because he’s not participating it’s the atalakus doing the work, I think they should release rhumba or Sebene song first so they showcase their singing ability then do a Generique.

archos #3 on: June 30, 2023, 10:49

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
i think bro manzambi is saying that in terms of setting some buzz to kickstart the career,like robinio for example
rumbas can easily be unnoticed at first especially when bigger artists around are releasing or there is too much buzz around or the rumba has to be very good or catchy chorus to hopefully start something
 also we are living an era were the manicke,ken mpiana and co can get a daily buzz more than a whole album of some artists after months so you gotta really up your game and hope luck is on your side
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 10:52 by archos »

CM PRINCE #4 on: June 30, 2023, 12:01

• View Profile
That’s also very true and I agree with manzambi, but the problem is nowadays generiques are straight trashhhh. Even  the generiques get lost now