Author Topic: THIS FOR ME WAS THE MOST SHOCKING GÉNÉRIQUE IMO  (Read 381 times)

Matebu on: March 30, 2024, 05:13

• View Profile
For a usually mellow artist, back in 99-00 the aggressiveness of thé générique and the sebene songs made more of a shock to me than Cocktail. Theo Mbala’s versatility really shined along with Coréen Polystar

The rhythm gets me every time as well

archos #1 on: March 30, 2024, 12:10

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
that kuma kukiele generique until today in you can hear it in abidjan,and in a version in which it was overplayed so much that the sound got twisted lol
man that era was special,you could be "out of the big game" yet still have success in africa now people are struggleing to even accept two people co existing as succesful

Longbluesquid #2 on: March 30, 2024, 15:06

• View Profile
I was just listening to this last night 😅.

CM PRINCE #3 on: April 20, 2024, 18:18

• View Profile
I can’t lie I’m always listening to this Generique along with Fanny, Aller Retour, Christine Triest. Bozi needs to be serious and put this streaming platforms, he’s sooo behind.

Longbluesquid #4 on: April 20, 2024, 23:32

• View Profile
I can’t lie I’m always listening to this Generique along with Fanny, Aller Retour, Christine Triest. Bozi needs to be serious and put this streaming platforms, he’s sooo behind.

Who is advising these Congolese artists on marketing? A lot of albums are unable to be accessed these days.

Matebu #5 on: April 20, 2024, 23:39

• View Profile

True - One would think he took a musical sabbatical from 1997 to 2008 with his online catalog. I had to buy the CD a few years back to rediscover this great album
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 23:47 by Matebu »

Cavalier Solitaire #6 on: April 21, 2024, 11:02

• View Profile
Theo Mbala doesn't get as much credit as he should. Me thinks if he was from Clan Wenge he would more known.

For someone who is not a fan of generiques, palpitations makes the very small list of great and classic generiques

MwanaMokili #7 on: April 23, 2024, 09:39

• View Profile
For a usually mellow artist, back in 99-00 the aggressiveness of thé générique and the sebene songs made more of a shock to me than Cocktail. Theo Mbala’s versatility really shined along with Coréen Polystar

The rhythm gets me every time as well

Man, the Memories on this one!!

Animation was great and the overall album was very good.

Thanks Ndeko, I am going to dig up this from my archives.