Author Topic: DIDIER MASELA WAS A MASTER AT BASS!!!  (Read 3423 times)

NEWSIDE96 on: April 13, 2018, 17:59

• View Profile

I swear Didier Masela was a beast on bass, he played with so much ease left a great blueprint (along with Christian Mwepu) for future bassists e.g. Mimiche and Michel. 5:16 on this video crazy!!!

Listen to this guy something else he is 5:40 and onwards

mvulusi96 #1 on: April 14, 2018, 14:22

listen from 6:01 min the way he is playing bass until the end of the video. He's underrated as bassist in my opinion, maybe because he got the label he got of being the founder of Wenge Musica.

The way he played bass on Kaskin. Reminds me of Victoria Eleison Abissina. I think that ex'Viva La Musica & Victoria Elsion bass-player Pinos inspired him alot back in the days, before Wenge got fame. I think that Masela style is more Victoria/Viva than the swinging Zaiko, which Makaba had.

from 1:32 min

from 3:41 min

His bass playing in Eve Sukali, which is inspired from Zouk influenced many bands and Extra Musica took that particition in Chargin Plus Plus and Quartier Latin took that in Willy Bula's Ma Fille.

from 2:26 until that the sebene starts

I likes also his work in Chouchou des Londres & Cresois. If you listen to both songs you feel that he's a real victorien and the heir of Pinos. His bass playing throught the songs before the sebens bring me back to the days when Victoria Eleison was number one in Zaïre (1982-1988). from 6:45 min in Chouchou des Londres with Didier Masela's reaction to Makaba's sebenes and Ekokota screaming "La Difference eeeh, Werrason eh luketu... " Or his reaction to Fi-Carre in Cresois from 6:09 min aaah te.

Than you got his bass playing in Voyage & Mon Ami Coboss which Extra Musica & Extra Musica International replicated in many songs (Complainte, Detresse, Ecart, Guivano, etc.)

from 1:20 min "voyage eeh"

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 14:32 by mvulusi96 »

mvulusi96 #2 on: April 14, 2018, 14:23

I swear Didier Masela was a beast on bass, he played with so much ease left a great blueprint (along with Christian Mwepu) for future bassists e.g. Mimiche and Michel. 5:16 on this video crazy!!!

Listen to this guy something else he is 5:40 and onwards

Uhmmm "Ngwakasi" Masela his bass-playing trought the song Kofi Ayina before the sebene is amazing. Listen to this part in the sebene 6:58 min to  7:06 min. Btw did they gave Didier Masela the nickame Ngwakasi because of Bapius Muaka who was playing bass in Zaiko and was called Oncle Bapius. For people who don't know Ngwakasi means in Kikongo oncle.

I like also the way he played bass trought the song Cresois of Solola Bien, before the sebene. You really hear the bass-guitar speaking.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 14:31 by mvulusi96 »