Author Topic: Christian Lema - Maria Chérie (1ère Version) 2002  (Read 731 times)

242 on: August 09, 2023, 13:49

• View Profile

Mfumu Vata #1 on: August 10, 2023, 17:50

• View Profile
I don't understand why Z-Ndule doesn't just upload the full VHS.

I wonder why Liberateur and Alpatchino didn't had songs on Somo Trop, were they punished or what ? Also why did Bendoson get a song while he just returned, but Sampaio who came from Dream Team and who had already a big name not ?

Mukulu #2 on: August 10, 2023, 22:39

• View Profile
Bendo Son and Alpa have a collaborative song.' The title is 'Esprit Ya Sika,' and the song starts with a conversation between the two former enemies.

It's understandable that Bendo would contribute a song since he had returned full-time, while Bixas Libérateur had already left.

Bendo Son must regret arriving before Papa Wemba's arrest because if Papa Wemba hadn't been arrested, Bendo Son was supposed to travel with the group to Europe to promote the 'Nkila Mogrosso' dance. I believe he had plans to stay in Europe.

Mfumu Vata #3 on: August 11, 2023, 00:52

• View Profile
Liberateur was still there. He’s even in the video where they are singing the first version of Maria Cherie. You can also see him sing in the concert at Studio Maman Ngebi where they officially presented the dance “Nkila Mogrosso”. Liberateur went to Europe on his shortly before Wemba's Zenith with Viva Tendence. He ended singing shortly with them when Wemba started to perform the song Reference. Liberateur's situation in the last month he spent in Nouvelle Ecriture is strange. I think that he started to get alot of 12, because he had zero vocals in Somo Trop. I hope him one day doing an interview with Papy Gene or Ado Yuhe.

him singing from 22:04 min

Him next to New Jack holding the paper with lyrics. 2:55 min

I know about the song Esprit ya Sika. But with songs, I meant a song credited to one person. Like Bendoson for example had 2ème Eve on his name in Somo Trop, while Alpatchino and Liberateur didn’t had any song on their own, despite not having left Nouvelle Ecriture one day.

Esprit ya Sika btw normally wasn’t supposed to be on Somo Trop. According to Bendoson, he and Alpatchino were in conflict and fought. This made Papa Wemba mad and he suspended them. He said that they could only return, on the they would make a song together.Bendoson then making the first move and them working on the song in Alpa’s house. Papa Wemba was really happy and proud when they came back with the song.

Bendoson was unlucky that Wemba’s Zenith planned for september 2002 got canceled, because of the concert-promoter not paying the hall on time. It was the golden opportunity for him to run away. The question is if he would have done it. I remember some people making fun about Bendo when the event got cancelled, because Bendo was the one who was making the most noise in the cassette where they were announcing the tour and everybody excepted him and Sampaio to run away. Anyway, Nouvelle Ecriture would then be in the situation that Zaiko had from 2002 to 2009 of being a Europe-based band. The French-police had already planned to get Wemba arrested after Bercy and were waiting for his next move to bring ngulu's to get him arrested, which he did the moment he came for that festival at La Madeleine in Brussels where he performed with Felix Wazekwa.

Bendoson suffered a lot when Ramazani, Christian na Nzenze & Pompom Miyake abandoned him. Guys like Apocalyps started to make fun of him, the press ridiculed him in various articles and made discriminatory comments that he failed just because of being from Masina. Jolino promised him and Babia to bring them to Europe, but that didn’t happen. It has been said that the majority of the band was against Bendo’s return. Christian Lema even getting suspended for openly saying on tv that he was against Bendo’s return. Those who didn’t like Bendoson in Viva la Musica and left after Wemba died, insulted Bendoson openly on youtube, saying that Bendoson was cursed (moto ya libabe). This because of Wemba getting arrested only after a few montns when he returned and Wemba years later passing away just a few weeks after his return in Viva la Musica. The guy who sung in Ferre’s band after singing in Bana Malongi of Wemba (I forgot his name), did the same thing here in Europe when being asked about Viva la Musica.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 01:08 by Mfumu Vata »

Mukulu #4 on: August 11, 2023, 01:20

• View Profile
Libérateur went directly to Italy during Papa Wemba's arrest?

Ah, I see what you mean about the solo songs, but I feel like Papa Wemba was starting to distance himself from Alpa; on the other hand, Apocadero seemed to be gaining momentum, but it was short-lived. I think Bendo didn't have much luck in his career, and his oversized ego prevented him from putting in the effort. He even went to war with Reddy, despite coming out with Reddy's vocal style. His conflicts with Papa Wemba... I actually thought he didn't fit in Nouvel Ecrita. I remember he created a subgroup called 'Les Bagarreurs.'

Wasn't he the one who became a pastor or a brother in Christ in South Africa? Now, on his Facebook or in shows like on Papy Mboma's, he goes on tirades against Jesus Christ.

The singer who was with Bana Malongi and with Ferre is Échappe

Mfumu Vata #5 on: August 11, 2023, 03:10

• View Profile
Although Lambio Lambio and Bendoson making alot of noise on tv. Nouvelle Ecriture had a very hard time in Kinshasa, when Wemba was in jail. They had zero sponsors and their donors were hesitant to support them, thinking that Wemba would spent years in jail. Even when Wemba got released, the hard times continued despite some succesfull concerts (concerts in Kinshasa are peannuts) at some point that Bendoson, Sampaio and New Jack decided to leave and settle in Luanda. Liberateur going to Europe. Its only when late Riva Kalimazi came with a 8-concerts deal with Bralima/Primus that things started to get better, Lambio Lambio coming with a new dance called Banzonkion and the succes coming back. Papa Wemba in meantime continuing his concerts with Viva Tendence. Bendo and co in Angola also hearing it and coming back to Kinshasa. But when coming to the last concert of the Primus-deal in which was in Maluku, their drummer Deo Sfr sadly passed away after an accident.

It could be that he wasn't happy with the relationship Alpa had with Julie Mulanga.
Julie was left behind for Bercy, while the remaining fioti-fiots all went Bercy along with the new recruited dancers called "Ba Nion-Nions".  They ended up by living in the same house from 2002. Alpatchino also didn't had a song in the EP "Bazonkion". The funny thing is that Papa Wemba was mad when Koffi Olomidé informed him that Alpatchino called him to ask him if he could join Quartier Latin. Papa Wemba being against and Koffi not being accept Alpa to join because of the Maisha-Parc agreement.

Bendoson and Reddy couldn't go together from day 1 because of their temperament. Despite all this Bendoson still gave him a shout-out in Ba Diamants. It were the admins of Viva who were pushing Bendoson to openly disrespect Reddy Amisi on tv. Because they were not liking Stino and Reddy anymore, who became in their eyes, big headed. Also the succes that Nouvelle Ecriture received in Europe during the tour of 1998, really went to Bendo's head and him insulting Reddy everywhere where in went on visit or clubbing when being asked about him. When coming back to Kinshasa, he though that he was like bandleader and started to confront all bandleaders by sleeping/stealing their sidechicks. On the other side despite many Viva-admins pushing Bendo to attack Reddy, they weren't happy that someone from Masina becoming Viva's mainstar which was in their eyes a band of people coming from Matonge. With the song Recours of Dezay having the most succes in 'L, they were pushing Pathy Patchecko who's from Matonge to do the same thing with Bendoson and not following his orders. If you listen to the manquette-version of Fula Ngenge, which is on the VHS "Cycle de Vérité", you can hear Pathecko arguing with Bendoson during the Nsu-Nsengele animation, Bendo saying something to him (I dont remember went) and Patchecko replying very rude with "eloko té kohh, eloko té" to Bendoson. The video is sadly not on youtube anymore. The video had also a press-conference that Papa Wemba hold at nightclub "La Reference". As bonus it had, Iboss and Patchecko sining together, Bogus Bopema, Djuna Djanana, Alpatchino and Christian Lema getting questions. 

I'm sure not if Bendoson created the subgroup "Les Baggareurs". But when Papa Wemba used to talk about them in his last interviews before his arrestation, he was often explaining that it was to make a comeback in "La Sape" after giving rivals and yuma's to much space. They were already in La Sape since that they started it, but it was time for the singers to talk openly  about the brands and expensive clothes on tv, which they first weren't doing alot. A thing that many people don't know is that when LD Kabila took power in Kinshasa, the new regime accused and attacked Papa Wemba for killing the new generation with la Sape. You will notice in his Kinshasa interviews that he was talking less about brands compared to those he was making in Europe until 2001. The same for King Kester Emeneya but the pressure about it was less on him compared to Wemba. Despite promoting Masamoto for free, he would often with advice for the young generation on tv and in the same period he came with those demin jackets.

Yeah it was Echappé calling Bendoson "mutu ya libabé" in one of his interview. Wow so

It has been said that Bendoson got his wife killed after domestic violence, which made him flee to South Africa, to not get in prison and that apparently being the real reason why he abadoned music to become a brother in christ. He then starting to preach and do security work. But then for whatever reason he decided leave South Africa a few years (I heard somewhere that something bad happened, but I don't remember what he did)  and then settled in Lubumbashi. In Lubumbashi he slowly made a comeback in secular music. When Papa Wemba would arrive over there, he would perform with him. Papa Wemba was not really happy with his band and was looking for someone to coach his musicians, at the same time he was slowly preparing his retirmement. Lidjo Kwempa was Europe-based and not able to stay for long in Kinshasa, the same for Stino Mubi who did also a few concerts with them.  Bendoson in contrary was living in DR Congo, which why Wemba asked him to comeback and settle in Kinshasa to rejoin Nouvelle Ecriture. But Papa Wemba then sadly passing away just after him rejoining.

Wenge1995 #6 on: August 11, 2023, 18:34

• View Profile
Libérateur went directly to Italy during Papa Wemba's arrest?

Ah, I see what you mean about the solo songs, but I feel like Papa Wemba was starting to distance himself from Alpa; on the other hand, Apocadero seemed to be gaining momentum, but it was short-lived. I think Bendo didn't have much luck in his career, and his oversized ego prevented him from putting in the effort. He even went to war with Reddy, despite coming out with Reddy's vocal style. His conflicts with Papa Wemba... I actually thought he didn't fit in Nouvel Ecrita. I remember he created a subgroup called 'Les Bagarreurs.'

Wasn't he the one who became a pastor or a brother in Christ in South Africa? Now, on his Facebook or in shows like on Papy Mboma's, he goes on tirades against Jesus Christ.

The singer who was with Bana Malongi and with Ferre is Échappe

Where is Bendoson now? If he's in Congo, can't he still be held legally responsible for his wife's death? Also, was Bendoson a difficult personality like Guy Guy Fall and Reddy because of arrogance or is he labeled that because he's not a "yes man" like the others in the group? I know that being too honest with opinions and holding your ground can be seen as problematic in Congolese groups.

Mfumu Vata #7 on: August 11, 2023, 20:43

• View Profile
He recently left Bana Viva and started his solo career. Now he’s beefing with Apocalyps & Pompom Miyake who are attacking him both in interviews.

He’s both. He’s not a yes man and at that same arrogant he’s in power. The thing that made he get fired in 2005 from Nouvelle Ecriture, was that he openly criticized the policy of Masina Parc, which didn’t please Papa Wemba who was back then the head of it.

Mukulu #8 on: August 11, 2023, 22:39

• View Profile
I remember in the bonus features of the "Nkila Mogrosso à Maman Angebi" DVD, Bendo is interviewed, explaining his new "Kovo" look and mentioning that they are les "Bagarreurs" with Patcheko, Libérateur, Iboss, and Sampaio. I didn't know that Patcheko was used against Bendo, as I found him quite passive with his weed smoking. It's possible that Alpa made Bendo uncomfortable from his arrival, especially since Bendo was the host for Ecriture and his vocal tone was similar to Reddy's but heavier.

I still wonder if it was intentional that the two of them sang for Manu Luvaka, one with Fally and the other with Ferré.

I remember that Alpa used to perform concerts with Reddy in Kinshasa during his tour for Étoile. Interestingly, as a side note, Bendo rejected the arrival of Al Patchino, stating that he came from Ngadios and that it didn't align with Viva.

Furthermore, I wonder if Koffi might have devised a plan against Bendo Son. Koffi and he had a child with the same woman almost simultaneously, if I'm not mistaken. Moreover, she was a dancer from Quartier Latin.

Apparently, Koffi had a strong interest in Bendo even after "Attentat" and the famous "Chamazulu". During the Maisha Parc era, Koffi is said to have called out to Bendo, "I've been looking for you everywhere, come find me, let's sing together." You can see that Papa Wemba had a rather annoyed expression during that moment.

Regarding Bana Viva, it was evident! At the press conference, everyone posed questions about the possibility of Bendo Son's betrayal. The latter got worked up, haha.

Mfumu Vata #9 on: August 11, 2023, 23:32

• View Profile
Hahaha I remember that interview. Him calling his bald head “griffe mongole”. There was some “guerre d’esprit” when Alpatchino started to get succes. In an interview that Papa Wemba made in Europe, when being asked about Bendo’s departure to form a band with Rama and co, he said that Bendo wasn’t happy with Alpatchino and when coming back from Quartier Latin, him not being happy that they recruited Jean Apocalyps.According Wemba he started to difficulties to them having a place in the band. But years later when Jean Apocalyps made an interview and said that it was actually Bendoson who welcomed in Nouvelle Ecriture and who started to coach him,  after being introduced by Reddy, when the Etoile-concerts didn’t work out. Also stating that they knew each other already from Thythy Le Vallois’ band Tambour Le Vallois of Masina where he used to play with Thierry Mogratana. From Bendo’s side, in interviews he claimed that the Viva-admin wasn’t happy with him and the discontent growing when Mogratana and Apocalyps joined, because of both guys coming from the same area like Bendoson. They excepted both guys and Tosha Bass to follow Bendo but it didn’t happen. So they decided to use Apocalyps to attack Bendoson in concerts and the songs they recorded for A La Une and Mogratana to attack Ramazani, by claiming that Ramazani run away from him. While its actually the same Ramazani who coached Mogratana to become a better solist, because of being limited in the beginning when he joined.

Manu Luvaka was the producer of both albums Chiffre 7 “Contre Mur” (Alpa) and Face B (Bendo). It could be that he requested them to sing with Fally and Ferre for the songs dedicated to him, since that they were both the main stars of the new generation.

Wasn’t it that Alpa performed in the concerts Reddy made in 1998 with “tobacco-company” Ambassade to promote Ziggy and people of Nouvelle Ecriture being mad that he used to rehearse next to them. Because in 1999, Alpa was already in Nouvelle and when Reddy came he recruited to some musicians with help from Pinos and Pinos being blacklisted by Lambio-Lambio for doing that and Wemba later punishing him months later for doing, by not bringing him to Zenith of 2000. Because back then Reddy was seen as a traitor for singing with Koffi Olomidé in Etoile and the staff of Viva la Musica, thinking that he would leave any moment soon.

Yeah, Bendoson had a child with Fifi Busa “Miss Yolo”. They started at some point to live in the same house until Fifi decided to leave and settle in Europe, because of Bendo’s domestic violence against her.  This was the thing btw that I tried to explain in the beginning. So when Bendo returned to Kinshasa from the 1998-tour, he started to challenge all bandleaders and chef d’orchestre by trying to sleep with their sidechicks. Some people say that Ferre broke up with his girlfriend Magalie Zamundu that used to sing often in his first years within Maison Mere, because of Bendoson having slept with her when he was in Europe. By dating Fifi, I felt that he challenged Koffi who was in war with Papa Wemba at that time. Because Fifi was Koffi’s second or third wife/sidechick next to Godé (mother of Rocky) and Aliane in Europe.

With Koffi you never know. He’s able to hold a big grudge for years, but acting like everything is okay until he finished to plan to finish you. Maybe he had a big 12 prepared against Bendoson and just waiting him to join. Look how he used to humiliate Choc Stars’ singer Nzaya Nzayadio after Droit de Veto. Another example is Laurent Sokoko. Look how weird he’s acting these last months and now being like a spokemen, while he used to be a big boss in Angola. If I remember well, Koffi said during the press-conference of Quartier Latin’s 23th anniversary that he was waiting also Bendoson to come although having spent just a few days in the band