Author Topic: Albums that will be 25 this year  (Read 2088 times)

Sydo on: January 18, 2023, 10:16

• View Profile
    • YouTube
The legendary year, 1998.

Formerly Musiquezairoise

Matebu #1 on: January 18, 2023, 10:54

• View Profile
Man 97-98 is my favorite 2 years of music. The competitiveness of albums and following concerts  by so many artists was something we never saw before and probably will never see again

BienMat23 #2 on: January 18, 2023, 11:50

• View Profile
Oooo what are your top 3 favourites from this year

Sydo #3 on: January 18, 2023, 12:15

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Oooo what are your top 3 favourites from this year

Wenge BCBG - Titanic
Extra Musica - État-Major
Reddy Amisi - Étoile
Formerly Musiquezairoise

jordanlumbala101 #4 on: January 18, 2023, 14:50

• View Profile
Wenge El Paris - Couvre Feu
Reddy Amisi - Etoile
Koffi Olomide - Loi

242 #5 on: January 18, 2023, 21:25

• View Profile
Extra Musica - État Major
Patrouille des stars - Obus Kanga Bisaka
Wenge BCBG - Titanic

Mukulu #6 on: January 19, 2023, 08:50

• View Profile
WENGE BCBG-TITANIC
WENGE Kumbela - Couvre Feu
Nouvelle Ecriture - L'

CM PRINCE #7 on: January 19, 2023, 10:33

• View Profile
Man 97-98 is my favorite 2 years of music. The competitiveness of albums and following concerts  by so many artists was something we never saw before and probably will never see again
True that. I miss the late 90s early 00s

BienMat23 #8 on: January 19, 2023, 14:52

• View Profile
Zaiko - Nous y Sommes
WMMM - intervention rapide
Pepe Kalle - cocktail

Mfumu Vata #9 on: January 19, 2023, 15:41

• View Profile
I prefer Mboka Mboka of Emeneya above many in Kinshasa recorded albums, but I dont see it on the list.

There were so many albums that were good. It was almost impossible for me to make a top 3. I did my best to eliminate that much albums as possible. Apart Jugement Dernier of Wenge Kumbela, I removed all in Kinshasa recorded albums because of liking the studio meko-sound. Imagine Force d'Intervention Rapide being recorded with mobile-studio that Aime Buanga used for Jugement Dernier. Maison Mere's album would have been wow.
I ended up with 6 (Etat Major, Droit de Veto, Jugement Dernier, 'L, Tremblement de Terre and l'Eau). From the 6 I didn't know what to eliminate, then I decided to remove l'Eau with the reason that its "miziki ya ba kulutu", Madilu is of the ok jazz-school and for respect could not be in competition with guys from clan wenge.

After that I removed Jugement Dernier although liking the album very much, for the reason that the album hadn't any succes in that era. When I was left with 4, I started to get some guilt because of removing l'Eau while I liking it alot even more than ´L. But at the same time prefering 'L on the thematic side and the space that all singers had above droit de veto, while listening more to droit de veto than 'L and having multiple memories with QL album. I ended up by removing 'L saying to myself that all albums left were of the ndombolo-genre and 'L not. Which made me end up with Etat Major, Droit de Veto and Tremblement de Terre. But because of patriotism I refused to put Etat Major on 1 lol. I made the decision to get l'Eau back and exchange it with Etat Major (very contreversial from me). Then I realised that Tremblement de Terre having just 8 songs while l'Eau having 10 and Droit de Veto having 12 songs. I decided to bring Etat Major back and exchange it with Tremblement de Terre.

1. l'Eau
2. Etat Major
3. Droit de Veto

I put Droit de Veto on 3 because some tracks towards the end were a little bit mweeeh (Plus Jamais, Retour Riva & Rafiki). Like they weren't well prepared and recorded in a rush while Quartier Latin normally always deliver 5/5 quality from the start to the end.

l'Eau is a great album although not being fan of the order the tracklist has.

Mopao195 #10 on: January 19, 2023, 17:47

• MM
    • View Profile
When congolese music hit its peak i think, either this year or the year before

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda #11 on: January 19, 2023, 18:50

• View Profile
I know those albums were super hot, but is there a generique that was good and aged very well like Loi?

CM PRINCE #12 on: January 19, 2023, 19:12

• View Profile
I know those albums were super hot, but is there a generique that was good and aged very well like Loi?
Loi came out in 1997 not 1998 lol but out of them I'd say droit de veto and Rond point aged the best out of the generiques in 1998 or at least they're the most popular

Wenge1995 #13 on: January 19, 2023, 19:12

• View Profile
I prefer Mboka Mboka of Emeneya above many in Kinshasa recorded albums, but I dont see it on the list.

There were so many albums that were good. It was almost impossible for me to make a top 3. I did my best to eliminate that much albums as possible. Apart Jugement Dernier of Wenge Kumbela, I removed all in Kinshasa recorded albums because of liking the studio meko-sound. Imagine Force d'Intervention Rapide being recorded with mobile-studio that Aime Buanga used for Jugement Dernier. Maison Mere's album would have been wow.
I ended up with 6 (Etat Major, Droit de Veto, Jugement Dernier, 'L, Tremblement de Terre and l'Eau). From the 6 I didn't know what to eliminate, then I decided to remove l'Eau with the reason that its "miziki ya ba kulutu", Madilu is of the ok jazz-school and for respect could not be in competition with guys from clan wenge.

After that I removed Jugement Dernier although liking the album very much, for the reason that the album hadn't any succes in that era. When I was left with 4, I started to get some guilt because of removing l'Eau while I liking it alot even more than ´L. But at the same time prefering 'L on the thematic side and the space that all singers had above droit de veto, while listening more to droit de veto than 'L and having multiple memories with QL album. I ended up by removing 'L saying to myself that all albums left were of the ndombolo-genre and 'L not. Which made me end up with Etat Major, Droit de Veto and Tremblement de Terre. But because of patriotism I refused to put Etat Major on 1 lol. I made the decision to get l'Eau back and exchange it with Etat Major (very contreversial from me). Then I realised that Tremblement de Terre having just 8 songs while l'Eau having 10 and Droit de Veto having 12 songs. I decided to bring Etat Major back and exchange it with Tremblement de Terre.

1. l'Eau
2. Etat Major
3. Droit de Veto

I put Droit de Veto on 3 because some tracks towards the end were a little bit mweeeh (Plus Jamais, Retour Riva & Rafiki). Like they weren't well prepared and recorded in a rush while Quartier Latin normally always deliver 5/5 quality from the start to the end.

l'Eau is a great album although not being fan of the order the tracklist has.

My favorite album of 1998 is

4) Kanga Bissaka Obus by Patrouille des Stars

3) Droit de Veto by Quartier Latin

2) Etat Major by Extra Musica

1) Force Intervention Rapide Force

Wenge Kumbela and Felix Wazekwa's albums were close to making the list, I grew up listening to Bonjour Monsieur and Nous y Sommes.

CM PRINCE #14 on: January 19, 2023, 19:14

• View Profile
1) Droit de Veto
2) Force d'intervention Rapide
3) Nous Y sommes
4) Titanic