Author Topic: In Defense of Bill Clinton Kalonji  (Read 9123 times)

Congomusiclover001 on: July 27, 2015, 22:48

• View Profile
I was watching some clips from Ndobolhino and found where they clipped together Bill and Brigade's appearance on Vodacom's Best of the Best on facebook. Most of the people that commented on that clip gave it to Brigade over Bill Clinton citing that Bill is finished.  Some of the commentators must have forgotten that Bill has been putting in work since the 1990s as opposed to Brigade who made it to the scene thanks to Effrakata (2003?).

While I can agree that Brigade is "hot" in today's world of animation with his harmonic and melodious animations with his high pitched voice, no one rivaled Bill at the top of his game from Intervention Rapide (please correct me if I'm wrong) to Tindika lokito (all with werra). His level or creativity is observed in all his works check the video below at 6:00 with just him and the Keyboard. If there was ever a Hall of Fame for Atalakus, Bill will be in the first Five atalakus. He may not be quite as good as he used to be but every unknown atalaku wants to be like Bill. They both have two different styles but to me, Bill is superior to Brigade.

So what's your opinion of the two?

Link to competition: https://www.facebook.com/NdombolhinO.243/videos/vb.124027344346046/846914645390642/?type=2&theater

EMOVICTEAM #1 on: July 28, 2015, 08:27

• View Profile
Bill is better than brigade in my opinion. Infact bebe kerozene is a better competitor.

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #2 on: July 28, 2015, 11:09

• Administrator
    • View Profile
In my opinion, it just doesn't make sense comparing a tenorist to a falsetto artist be it singer or animator. Bill should be compared with Kerozene, Genta Lissimo, Djouna Mumbafu, Acide etc and Brigade should be compared with Celeo, Kunzardo, Blaise Createur, CNN etc. The style of animation of tenorists and falsettos is completely different,  tenorists usually sing whilst falsettos speak randomly sometimes in a melodic way.
LE BIG BOSS

Congomusiclover001 #3 on: July 28, 2015, 14:30

• View Profile
In my opinion, it just doesn't make sense comparing a tenorist to a falsetto artist be it singer or animator. Bill should be compared with Kerozene, Genta Lissimo, Djouna Mumbafu, Acide etc and Brigade should be compared with Celeo, Kunzardo, Blaise Createur, CNN etc. The style of animation of tenorists and falsettos is completely different,  tenorists usually sing whilst falsettos speak randomly sometimes in a melodic way.

I agree, and even mentioned it that the two styles are different. But fans views are sometimes stronger than style (because some of they don't know any better). But at the end of the day, popularity is paramount to stay on top. It's just that right now, the people are giving it to Brigade.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 18:59 by Congomusiclover001 »

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #4 on: July 28, 2015, 15:01

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I agree, and even mentioned it that the two styles are different. But fans views are sometimes stronger than style (because some of them don't know any better). But at the end of the day, popularity is paramount to stay on top. It's just that right now, the people are giving it to Brigade.
I think most people would give it to Brigade because of his work in Wenge Maison Mere but even then his work in Maison Mere didn't bring the success that Bill brought to Maison Mere.  It's because of Bill's work that Maison Mere became so popular, Solola Bien especially changed Congolese music. Bill's style has made every band want to have a Bill photocopy, the same goes for Celeo. Yes Brigade is fantastic and combined great with Kerosene to bring the best out of the album Effrakata but Bill was consistent up till the time he left and went with Les Marquis before becoming a solo artists with some sucess even as a solo artist whilst Brigade has only one song/generique to his name as a solo artists and it was disorganised but impressive for a start so strictly speaking, Bill has had more success and even though we can't compare the two, Bill is definitely the winner.
LE BIG BOSS

princesab #5 on: July 28, 2015, 15:15

• View Profile

masantula #6 on: July 28, 2015, 18:49

• View Profile
Team BCBG "the machine of music"

KAISARI #7 on: July 28, 2015, 20:08

• Soul Rebel
    • View Profile
The fact you're defending Bill says it all ;D.I used to defend Hercules but now most have caught up; this guy can light up any audience.
You do not beat a drum with one finger

Congomusiclover001 #8 on: July 28, 2015, 22:22

• View Profile
The fact you're defending Bill says it all ;D.I used to defend Hercules but now most have caught up; this guy can light up any audience.

;D ;D I don't think he actually needs any defending. Bill has been a crucial member of the animation family. He had made his name long before the likes of Brigade. I like brigade too, but Bill is not to be pushed around. Bill would be mentioned before most falsetto atalakus. Tutu Callugi will be mentioned before Brigade and his likes. So what does that say of the so called competition?   

JV “Lone Ranger” #9 on: July 29, 2015, 03:33

• View Profile

Debuting first doesn't make you better than those who haven't yet....Brigade has surpassed Bill long time ago (my opinion)

archos #10 on: July 29, 2015, 08:47

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
i second what valentino said its like both's careers are going opposite ways in the last years,while bill seems to rely a lot on the operation dragon days legend and getting complacent with huge skol money,brigade spent that glorious period in shadow of kerozene then has risen a lot in the last years while bill has kept doing just good instead of exceptional and brigade still seems eager to prove a point every time we see him while bill does less efort
ability wise,bill is a unique talent,thats evident,energy wise on stage(the way of getting crowds excited) bill used to be untouchable but brigade has caught up a lot with that coaching of werra which turned him from a shy caludjist to a "beast"
the rivalry thing despite both doing different voices is or was fuelled by bill who often tends to belittle brigade(calling him a junior atalaku for example) while bill has been  criticized a lot for complacency,brigade gets praise for always seeming to go up

NEWSIDE96 #11 on: July 29, 2015, 14:12

• View Profile
 ;D ;D ;D Bill is my man, Historically concerning animation he has a big big big section because he is also responsible adding a new chapter and a new era of animators and animation he will always be a big monument in animation but that does not mean he is the god of animation like he thinks he is I've already said this before and I ain't scared to say it again his lost for not exceeding the high body of work he had since Les Marquis split only shining on Skol (Mundinda) where I believe I saw the real Bill. For me Gentamicine is better than holding BCBG's animation on his own for 11 years isn't something any animator could do, Brigade since Skol Longitima has gone from strength to strength what is Bill doing I don't know  :-\, to be honest even Kerozene was close to Bill in his prime days Kero got Koffi 4 Kora's has bill done that I don't think so. His a great but a sleeping Giant great way to describe him Goliath. 

PCGY KASTELLO #12 on: July 30, 2015, 02:29

• View Profile
Bill and Celeo all the way