Author Topic: Archive; Franco Luambo, Lukunku and Papa Wemba (1980)  (Read 5678 times)

Drumstar98 on: June 15, 2019, 22:38

• View Profile

mvulusi96 #1 on: June 15, 2019, 23:37

both denied it for their reputation. But Emeneya, Sacre Zaza, Bipoli, Coco Waya and Niengeton all confirmed that they were sent back to Zaire, because of Franco's drugsactivities in Europe. Coco Waya recently an interview and said proudly that he and Stervos Niarcos stole bags of weed who were meant for Luambo to sell it. Verckys and Franco were making alot of money with those activities, Patcho Star was almost a victim of it.

Drumstar98 #2 on: June 15, 2019, 23:49

• View Profile
So Viva La Musica first tour was finished early because Franco activities and did Tabu Ley spread the rumours of Franco's drug activities?

mvulusi96 #3 on: June 16, 2019, 00:02

So Viva La Musica first tour was finished early because Franco activities and did Tabu Ley spread the rumours of Franco's drug activities?

Yes, it was because of that. Those rumours about Franco's drugs activities were spread in the early 70s. I think that it are the Congolese people who were helping Franco with that who spread those stories, because you can never keep a secret with someone from DR Congo. But it can be true that he snitched Franco, he did the same thing with Verckys, who was selling organs and human heads to the black market (back in those days it was very lucrative). He wanted to do matolo with Franco to Mobutu, but Mobutu didn't want to give them money , saying that theyhad to follow the example of Verckys who was never asking for money and Tabu Ley then snitching Verckys to Mobutu.  Verckys was lucky that Franco warned him because he was almost arrested by Sakombi.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 00:04 by mvulusi96 »

Drumstar98 #4 on: June 16, 2019, 00:12

• View Profile

Yes, it was because of that. Those rumours about Franco's drugs activities were spread in the early 70s. I think that it are the Congolese people who were helping Franco with that who spread those stories, because you can never keep a secret with someone from DR Congo. But it can be true that he snitched Franco, he did the same thing with Verckys, who was selling organs and human heads to the black market (back in those days it was very lucrative). He wanted to do matolo with Franco to Mobutu, but Mobutu didn't want to give them money , saying that theyhad to follow the example of Verckys who was never asking for money and Tabu Ley then snitching Verckys to Mobutu.  Verckys was lucky that Franco warned him because he was almost arrested by Sakombi.

If Franco warned Verckys? Was it the same Franco who attacked Verckys on the song Toyeba Yo and exposing him selling organs and Verckys ain't no saint he used to gossip.

mvulusi96 #5 on: June 16, 2019, 00:31

hahaha, Toyeba Yo was a diss-song against Verckys with Franco exposing. Franco warned Verckys because the consequences could have been very harsh for him. Verckys, Tabu Ley and Franco were all the same,snitching people,splitting bands, killing career of promising artists, blocking artists with nkisi, not paying their musicians, etc. 

Drumstar98 #6 on: June 16, 2019, 00:35

• View Profile
hahaha, Toyeba Yo was a diss-song against Verckys with Franco exposing. Franco warned Verckys because the consequences could have been very harsh for him. Verckys, Tabu Ley and Franco were all the same,snitching people,splitting bands, killing career of promising artists, blocking artists with nkisi, not paying their musicians, etc.

In 1980 they knew the conditions were very harsh they had to put the past behind them.

archos #7 on: June 16, 2019, 10:49

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
wow i never knew those guys were in such dark business i thought it started with koffi and clan wenge(some of them were almost arrested at airports)
now i get where the system started from lol

Drumstar98 #8 on: June 16, 2019, 11:04

• View Profile

Cavalier Solitaire #9 on: June 16, 2019, 19:22

• View Profile

This Sakombi is it the same Molendo (sp) Sakombi we used to hear in a lot of JB Mpiana's songs? Who was he? Police chief?

archos #10 on: June 16, 2019, 19:39

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 no molendo sakombi is still alive,the sakombi he is talking about was one of the main guys of mobutu
molendo is actually papa sakombi inongo's son and one of the main guys of vital kamerhe's party UNC
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 19:44 by archos »

Cavalier Solitaire #11 on: June 16, 2019, 21:28

• View Profile
no molendo sakombi is still alive,the sakombi he is talking about was one of the main guys of mobutu
molendo is actually papa sakombi inongo's son and one of the main guys of vital kamerhe's party UNC
OK, I see. Merci Archos.

archos #12 on: June 16, 2019, 21:58

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
OK, I see. Merci Archos.

quite paradoxal aint it lol being the president of the kinshasa section of the party and being soooooo close to jb

Cavalier Solitaire #13 on: June 17, 2019, 07:22

• View Profile
OK, I see. Merci Archos.

quite paradoxal aint it lol being the president of the kinshasa section of the party and being soooooo close to jb
Lol. Yes, It shows a lot of maturity for both Molendo and JB breaking away from the norm of hating someone simply because they are associated with a supposed 'enemy'.

Coming to the topic these celebrities are likely to engage in dubious business since that given their status the security checks for them at the airport are not as rigorous so they take advantage. I hear the West African drug cartels use a lot of celebrities especially ladies to smuggle drugs into Europe, Spain and Italy in particular. Some Minister in my country in the 80s also used his diplomatic privilege to traffic in drugs, he even dated Mamou Nationale at some point.