Author Topic: Washington W - Mbonda  (Read 637 times)

Longbluesquid on: April 14, 2023, 20:26

• View Profile

Seems like this slipped on the radar. I discovered by accident yesterday. It is not bad so far. Nice to hear from the ex Wenge Tonya Tonya animator.

Franco Pepe Kalle #1 on: April 15, 2023, 13:40

• View Profile
So many recent Congolese albums or songs are hardly promoted. It is strange times we live in today.

Longbluesquid #2 on: April 15, 2023, 20:44

• View Profile
So many recent Congolese albums or songs are hardly promoted. It is strange times we live in today.

How do they expect to gain any kind of success like this?

Franco Pepe Kalle #3 on: April 15, 2023, 23:12

• View Profile

That is a good question to ask. I am wondering the same thing as well.

Longbluesquid #4 on: April 15, 2023, 23:21

• View Profile

Right now afrobeats is heavily promoted. It’s strange to me that Congolese haven’t taken notes. They can’t say an album isn’t successful if I didn’t know it released.

Manzambi94 #5 on: April 16, 2023, 11:28

• View Profile

Right now afrobeats is heavily promoted. It’s strange to me that Congolese haven’t taken notes. They can’t say an album isn’t successful if I didn’t know it released.
Unfortunately  Congolese people still are stuck in the old mindset, meaning that if I make food music the album will market itself, which is absolutely bull

Mfumu Vata #6 on: April 16, 2023, 11:36

• View Profile
Congolese artists never had that mindset. It were the recordlabels who used to promote their albums. Now they have to do everything by themselves paying the studio fees and then also going to every tv-channel and youtube-channel for interviews which is not free. which makes them having zero money to promote the album when it comes out. also zero support since that people only follow those who have succes.

archos #7 on: April 16, 2023, 12:30

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
exactly and even some of those who have success face boycott because of relationship with x or y and the dj's aswell you can pay them but if the artist who is more influential to them orders boycott they wont play you,one dj is  proudly vocal about it in interviews
on tv channels aswell its the same thing,werra said something when heritier came to make peace people did not pay attention he said he'll get involved in the boycott he was having on tv,and after that mi ange mi demon when released suddenly got a level of tv promotion that retirada never had