Author Topic: OFF-TOPIC: THE AFRICAN SLAVE TRADE STILL EXISTS  (Read 15883 times)

Matebu on: November 16, 2017, 19:54

• View Profile
I know it's a music forum, but grave injustices like this needs awareness for all my fellow Africans. In addition to the tragedies of crossing the Mediterranean in rafts, the lawless nation of Libya is partaking in modern day slavery. Horrible. 

Famous journalist and radio host, Claudy Siar's emotional response. He's justifiably angry that none of the media, whether black or white is paying any serious attention

One would think as a human species that we got past this, but there are supposedly more human trafficking victims today than ever.

mvulusi96 #1 on: November 16, 2017, 20:21

Slavery is still legal in Mauritania. Countries like Morroco, Tunesia & Algeria were one of the last to forbad it but they are still doing it, like Lydia and many Middle-East countries. Those Arab countries started the African Slave trade long centuries before the Europeans. But they were castrating them, so they could not get children. The Conference of Berlin (1885) made it difficult to continue the slave trade. With slave traders like Tippo Tip started a war in Belgium Congo (Kasai & Eastern Congo) to not lose their market, but they lost.

Manzambi94 #2 on: November 16, 2017, 20:33

• View Profile
Slavery is still legal in Mauritania. Countries like Morroco, Tunesia & Algeria were one of the last to forbad it but they are still doing it, like Lydia and many Middle-East countries. Those Arab countries started the African Slave trade long centuries before the Europeans. But they were castrating them, so they could not get children. The Conference of Berlin (1885) made it difficult to continue the slave trade. With slave traders like Tippo Tip started a war in Belgium Congo (Kasai & Eastern Congo) to not lose their market, but they lost.
Berlin Conference was actually not so good for us since the colonies system start there, and you know that German tried their Holocaust machines in Namibia and Leopeold the king of Belgium did a real genocide of Congolese, cutting their arms if they didn't take enough Rubber and putting cannibalistic to guard this guys, when I see guys like brother Lukaku's Kompany, Cavanda, Benteke, Batshuayi (who said that is Belgian 100% and black only because of his parents) representing Belgium and speaking dutch the language that the Belgian king forbidden to teach to Congolese cause he thought us too much inferior really gets me angry, sometimes I would like to know what these parents teach to their sons for being this unrespectful to their motherland and why guys like Leopold are not treated like Hitler.
Anyway for the slave trade is sad but is still existing and Libya is like Germany in 1940's the only thing is that Western world doesn't give a fuck about Africans and black people in general if they aren't musicians or sportsmen. In Italy where I am born news of thousands of deaths per month in the sea gets treated like normality and people basically hate this guys, because they think that if they don't die and they succeed coming in Italy they will steal jobs to the white people -.- while if a guy kills a white guy over some terroristic shit people will get emotional, if sometimes I am bitter and not ver y selweet is because of this being black especially in Italy is not easy getting blamed for the bad things and at the same time seeing all those African peoe die without none giving a fuck except Sicilians and the people of Guardia Costiera

mvulusi96 #3 on: November 16, 2017, 21:41

Berlin Conference was actually not so good for us since the colonies system start there, and you know that German tried their Holocaust machines in Namibia and Leopeold the king of Belgium did a real genocide of Congolese, cutting their arms if they didn't take enough Rubber and putting cannibalistic to guard this guys, when I see guys like brother Lukaku's Kompany, Cavanda, Benteke, Batshuayi (who said that is Belgian 100% and black only because of his parents) representing Belgium and speaking dutch the language that the Belgian king forbidden to teach to Congolese cause he thought us too much inferior really gets me angry, sometimes I would like to know what these parents teach to their sons for being this unrespectful to their motherland and why guys like Leopold are not treated like Hitler.
Anyway for the slave trade is sad but is still existing and Libya is like Germany in 1940's the only thing is that Western world doesn't give a fuck about Africans and black people in general if they aren't musicians or sportsmen. In Italy where I am born news of thousands of deaths per month in the sea gets treated like normality and people basically hate this guys, because they think that if they don't die and they succeed coming in Italy they will steal jobs to the white people -.- while if a guy kills a white guy over some terroristic shit people will get emotional, if sometimes I am bitter and not ver y selweet is because of this being black especially in Italy is not easy getting blamed for the bad things and at the same time seeing all those African peoe die without none giving a fuck except Sicilians and the people of Guardia Costiera

True. People in Boma were fooled by the people who were working for Leopold II . When they came they said to them that they are free and belong now to the Congo Free State. Alot of people were doubting about it. Some were happy because they thought that they were finally freed from the Portugese people were there since 1483 and having full control over the Kongo Kingdom since 1665.

bencuri #4 on: November 19, 2017, 03:42

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yeah, true guys, slavery still exists, but not just the old Arabian slave trade. In Ivory Coast on cocoa plantations and in India in rug factories it is also present. There is a list of companies online that are claimed to manufacture chocolate from cocoa that is imported from plantations that keep slaves. One of these is Snickers and Mars. And maybe Nestlé, but I am not sure. It is a well known fact for decades. Even the UK is reported as a major place of slave keepers, hidden slavery has quite high rates there. I also read somewhere, that rich families in Gabon also import slaves from West-Africa to keep them in their houses like servants.

shamala #5 on: November 19, 2017, 13:06

• View Profile
Just to get the point ...are we talking about slave trade or human trafficking?
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

bencuri #6 on: November 19, 2017, 13:58

• Administrator
    • View Profile
About people being enslaved. Whether they are traded or not, it is just a matter of case.

Makusaro #8 on: November 03, 2020, 15:02

• Mark
    • View Profile
I wish I had paid more attention to my history teacher in high school. I'm not an expert in the topic but somebody above mentioned Tippu Tip and it so happens I was reading a book about him quite recently.