Author Topic: Ndombolo Clip - JB Mpiana 1997  (Read 4491 times)

Wenge1995 on: April 22, 2022, 20:31

• View Profile

CM PRINCE #1 on: April 22, 2022, 22:05

• View Profile
Wow, it actually exists. Why on Earth didn’t JB promote this clip? And seriously out of everyone they selected Seguin to be in this clip

Muziki #2 on: April 23, 2022, 06:11

• View Profile
Wow. it looks like Alain Mpela is really leading the Bunch....reminds me of Bourro Mpela dancing ndombolo in Loi. Didier Massela looks like he is the having more fun than everyone else.

Thanks for posting this, reminds me of good times when they were all together (Wenge)...when they were calling Mpela and Blaise Bula's brothers in Quartier Latin "2 Flics dans la Mafia" then Koffi on his part saying "yebisa ba petits wana kokende liboso eza kokoma te",,, the fights were civil at the time....I miss that right now in our music.

Drumstar98 #3 on: April 23, 2022, 09:33

• View Profile
Two people were missing Werrason and Adolphe Dominguez and of course Alain Makaba.

SLK97 #4 on: April 23, 2022, 11:27

• View Profile
Ibrahim coming through, with yet another amazingly rare discovery! And all these years, I thought the Face B playback was the official clip.

CM PRINCE #5 on: April 23, 2022, 12:13

• View Profile
Two people were missing Werrason and Adolphe Dominguez and of course Alain Makaba.
Also Ferre, Tutu Callugi, Ekokota, Titina, Ficarre, Kusangila.

archos #6 on: April 23, 2022, 15:01

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
if memory serves me right ferre was there with ali mbonda but they got blocked by blaise because they were werra's pire petits
this was the era in wich in some concerts it happened that one of aimelia or afande let him sing and when blaise would notice  he'd give him what we call egogo in lingala to tell him to go back off stage
ferre often refers to it when he talks about wenge saying that there is one vieux who would often kick him off stage shouting yo kita petit then giving him egogo if he tried to stay
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 15:02 by archos »

Wenge1995 #7 on: April 23, 2022, 16:31

• View Profile
if memory serves me right ferre was there with ali mbonda but they got blocked by blaise because they were werra's pire petits
this was the era in wich in some concerts it happened that one of aimelia or afande let him sing and when blaise would notice  he'd give him what we call egogo in lingala to tell him to go back off stage
ferre often refers to it when he talks about wenge saying that there is one vieux who would often kick him off stage shouting yo kita petit then giving him egogo if he tried to stay

How come Didier Massela went with Masion Mere instead of BCBG? Did he have similar issues with JB Mpiana like Werra? I was always curious about his motivation. Also, I always had a feeling that Adolphe was better friends with JB Mpiana than Werra, I could be wrong.

I'm basing my opinion on the fact that Werra had vocals on Adolphe's songs in MM, but not the other way around. Maybe I'm thinking too deep lol

Mfumu Vata #8 on: April 23, 2022, 17:53

• View Profile
Didier Masela wanted to defend Werrason who was his childhood friend, also he was kind of manipulate by Werra. Who didn't want JB Mpiana to get the full control over Wenge 4x4. Didier Masela was also against Alain Makaba who came with the idea to pay the musicians on a fair way instead of the admin already getting 80% and giving the rest peanuts and remove Werrason from his post as financial director of the band.

In this interview Didier Masela was claiming that the money Makaba gave in Kenya to the musicians came from the late Monsieur Simon Ndjonang.

After I think the reunion they made at Sun City (a building I think in Cité Verte) with the minister of culture, the problems weren't still short out, they made another one at Intercontinental with Andre Kimbuta which led to the split of Wenge 4x4 (without them knowing) and Masela from the next day sending a message through journalist Manda Tchebwa that no any Wenge Admin who have any function in band anymore and there would be no president (which the JB Mpiana camp felt as an attack). He also said that musicians who would not show up at the next rehearshal at Zamba Playa on thursday would be fired from Wenge 4x4. Nobody showed up only Ferre Gola, Chrisitan Mwepu (who was in conflict with JB Mpiana) and Ali Mbonda.

Adolphe was in conflict with JB Mpiana in Europe from the moment the admins decided to skip the recordings of the album that Wenge 4x4 had to record during that tour and focus 100% on JB Mpiana's album. Guys like Adolphe and Blaise Bula who had songs weren't happy because they already sold their songs to customers. The courtjesters made the conflict worser by saying to JB, Adolphe said x and y about you which made both guys becoming cold. Bass player Christian Mwepu was also in conflict with JB Mpiana because of that, he already sold his song to Thethe Tumba and started to get problems. That was also one of the reasons why he didn't follow JB Mpiana into Wenge BCBG, because they were on bad terms and didn't talk to each other. Blaise Bula calmed down because when Wenge 4x4 went to Kinshasa, he stayed in Europe for a moment (I don't know why) and JB giving him some money which made him from then becoming 100% JB and fully support him when the conflict of Bana Mindele vs Ba Japonais started. Adolphe on his side became close to Werrason and Werrason who hadn't to guts to confront openly JB Mpiana on stage, was using Adolphe who was from then sometimes throwing shots against the Bana Mindele-camp and about their clothing-style.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 17:54 by Mfumu Vata »

archos #9 on: April 23, 2022, 19:50

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
blaise stayed in europe because  he almost threatened to leave because he had already brought with him likala moto from kibens to record, he used it to put pressure on jb knowing that due to their artistic duet jb would not want to lose him  so jb gave him a bit of half of the  mabanga money of the conseil patcho song   to calm him down
tata tried the same thing at some point before the end but like you said his moaning about the fact 4X4 album was postponed was reported to jb so jb kind of ignored him(which is why  despite his heart going closer to the jb side  he chose to follow nsone and didier and be the most agressive against jb at the beginning )
also seguin reported to jb totally exaggerating it that  adolphe was planning to beat him via les zoulou in europe  whereas he was just saying out of anger " mpiano azo bosana que naza muana poto,nayebi ba zoulou ba nini" and being unhappy with the fact they would postpone for 1998 the group album
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 19:55 by archos »

Wenge1995 #10 on: April 23, 2022, 23:52

• View Profile
blaise stayed in europe because  he almost threatened to leave because he had already brought with him likala moto from kibens to record, he used it to put pressure on jb knowing that due to their artistic duet jb would not want to lose him  so jb gave him a bit of half of the  mabanga money of the conseil patcho song   to calm him down
tata tried the same thing at some point before the end but like you said his moaning about the fact 4X4 album was postponed was reported to jb so jb kind of ignored him(which is why  despite his heart going closer to the jb side  he chose to follow nsone and didier and be the most agressive against jb at the beginning )
also seguin reported to jb totally exaggerating it that  adolphe was planning to beat him via les zoulou in europe  whereas he was just saying out of anger " mpiano azo bosana que naza muana poto,nayebi ba zoulou ba nini" and being unhappy with the fact they would postpone for 1998 the group album

Why didn't Alain Makaba become the president of Wenge? His stubbornness seemed very reasonable; I'm surprised Ali Mbonda, Japonais Maladi, and Ferre went with WMM if Didier and Werra wanted to pay peanuts.

I heard JB Mpiana and Blaise Bula didn't like Ferre, despite Ferre wanting to be apart of Wenge 4x4. Is this true? It seems that Wenge BGBG was doomed to split since day one, because JB Mpiana wanted to be the solo leader.

If you've noticed, everyone with personality didn't stick around long – Bula, Makaba, Lias, and Mpela (Mpiana's love for him really kept him longer than anyone else). I'm surprised Mr. Simon wasn't worried about the constant defections, especially the 1997 split...

archos #11 on: April 24, 2022, 00:15

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
it was more blaise who had a bullyish relationship with ferre  jb appreciated ferre but they were not as close because  ferre came at the wrong moment,he would not be allowed by jb's security since he was werra's pire petit and it would not look good for him aswell on nsone's side to get close to jb
you will not believe it but jb is actually not far from being the last member to get into the bcbg project,crazy isnt it? he was more in the mood of  you guys have caused mad meltdown in the group because of my album and you are getting jealous because it naturally sets me in a bigger spotlight with the tours so i will do proper solo career with musicians in europe,its only later that blaise and co convinced jb to be together and continueing to be the leader of the group,but then the problem was that from the get go he had to mix his original plan which is to combine his private group(kibens late sunda bas alba and co) and the europe session artists
while all the guys from blaise to aimelia saw wenge bcbg as a way to become more powerful than in 4X4 so the more they shone and saw themselves as too important the more  they allowed jb's jesters to gossip on them to influence their relationships ,and gain more space themselves aswell
as you can see in current music,the jesters have even more power nowadays than the whole section of chiefs in almost every group,musicians are more scared to fall out of favour with the guys who gives the leader his glasses to wear when he steps on stage than fearing the chef d orchestre
makaba actually had the plan of claiming financial director role from werra which was a major cause of the split aswell,and then since he wanted that werra then also got in the mode of wanting to become president like he kinda tried to in the early 90's trying to organise a vote on advice of his staff
the guys basically did ping pong with each other lol each of them trying to claim the other's power and didier desperately trying the disbanding of the administration card which was rejected
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 00:17 by archos »

Wenge1995 #12 on: April 24, 2022, 01:24

• View Profile
it was more blaise who had a bullyish relationship with ferre  jb appreciated ferre but they were not as close because  ferre came at the wrong moment,he would not be allowed by jb's security since he was werra's pire petit and it would not look good for him aswell on nsone's side to get close to jb
you will not believe it but jb is actually not far from being the last member to get into the bcbg project,crazy isnt it? he was more in the mood of  you guys have caused mad meltdown in the group because of my album and you are getting jealous because it naturally sets me in a bigger spotlight with the tours so i will do proper solo career with musicians in europe,its only later that blaise and co convinced jb to be together and continueing to be the leader of the group,but then the problem was that from the get go he had to mix his original plan which is to combine his private group(kibens late sunda bas alba and co) and the europe session artists
while all the guys from blaise to aimelia saw wenge bcbg as a way to become more powerful than in 4X4 so the more they shone and saw themselves as too important the more  they allowed jb's jesters to gossip on them to influence their relationships ,and gain more space themselves aswell
as you can see in current music,the jesters have even more power nowadays than the whole section of chiefs in almost every group,musicians are more scared to fall out of favour with the guys who gives the leader his glasses to wear when he steps on stage than fearing the chef d orchestre
makaba actually had the plan of claiming financial director role from werra which was a major cause of the split aswell,and then since he wanted that werra then also got in the mode of wanting to become president like he kinda tried to in the early 90's trying to organise a vote on advice of his staff
the guys basically did ping pong with each other lol each of them trying to claim the other's power and didier desperately trying the disbanding of the administration card which was rejected

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't it also Monsieur Simon who lured Quentin and Durrell away from Extra Musica? Super Helico was handed by S.I.P.E. Production and like Pentagone – the clips came late lol

Did they ever catch the people who killed Sunda?

Mfumu Vata #13 on: April 24, 2022, 01:45

• View Profile
If Makaba returned back to Kinshasa, it's because JB Mpiana who wanted support since that the conflict started to become tense it was 1 against 2 (Masela & Werra vs JB) with most decision in the admin going against his favour. Alain Makaba arrival made it only worser and just within 2/3 months Wenge split.

Japonais Maladi wasn't in Wenge 4x4 anymore. Japonais Maladi ran away in Europe during the recordings of Feux de l'Amour. He returned to Kinshasa in 1998 because of Werrason wanting him in the band since that Flamme Kapaya wasn't really strong and convincing him at that time. After some negotiations with Kija Brown and journalist Zacharie Bababaswe, he accepted to come back to Kinshasa, which he first refused.

Ali Mbonda followed Werrason, because he knew that he won't be really accepted by Blaise Bula's camp who were seeing him as a spy and being with Werrason everywhere during the conflicts. Simon Ndjongang was dissapointed because he wanted to see Ali Mbonda and Christian Mwepu at Le Bataclan. Ngulu's went to Europe withtheir passeport and that of Ferre, JB's driver was not accepted to enter Europe because of his face not matching one of pictures, so he was sended by to Kinshasa. Ferre Gola tried despite everything to join Wenge BCBG and even went to Blaise Bula's house where they
were rehearsing but he was blocked by Blaise Bula's friend Dieu Makila and Aimelia taunting him saying that he had to follow Werrason. That is one of the reasons why Ferre refused to give Aimelia his mic at Bercy, the moment Werra presented him as new member of Wenge Maison Mere.

Wenge BCBG wasn't doomed from day 1. They had crazy succes from day 1 until 2002. Congolese music is just like that. If you look into thehistory of our music, you'll see that all bands that split would slowly end-up in backup band of the main star. We saw it with Evoloko and Langa Langa Stars, African Fiesta National of Tabu Ley that would end up becoming Afrisa, etc. The only problem with JB Mpiana was that he didn't go forwards  from 2002 because of the long problems ban he had in the Schengen Area and him not  wanting to get Kibens, Rio and Chai out of the band who started to become old and them not really being able to compete against Quartier Latin, Nouvelle Ecrita and Maison Mère.

Monsieur Simon wasn't worried about the many defections. He was happy with it and even participated to get Blaise Bula and Alain Makaba them out of the band by giving JB Mpiana ideas. JB Mpiana was from Wenge 4x4's first album Bouger Boguer the main start of the band. Simon saw after the succes of Feux de l'Amour, the golden opportunity to get more money by working with JB and wanted to create from JB Mpiana one of Africa's main star. Simon signed secretly with JB Mpiana before the split a 5-years deal. This came to Werra's ears who was really furious about it.

Aimelia Lias didn't last long because JB Mpiana was angry for the way it was reported by people that Aimelia was furious for the way they received peannuts from JB and saying bad stuff, while it wasn't him but Alain Mpela that criticized JB openly. Alain Mpela was really mad and dissapointed, because he saw that the system hadn't changed. Everybody excepted to receive big money when the tour ended since that Werrason wasn't around anymore. But the money was just shared between JB Mpiana, Blaise Bula, Alain Makaba and the rest receiving peanuts. The crazy thing was that when they returned to Kinshasa, they prentended that they were all well paid and the public also believing it. Them driving in Mercedes-Benz, wearing fancy clothes and throwing shots to Werrason and WMMM in every interview. They used to call themselves Wenge Socimat. Aimelia Lias, Alain Mpela and Tutu Kaludji, especially Aimelia often driving to Zamba Playa to taunt Wenge Maison Mere (nobody having a car, only Werrason, Adolphe and Masela). Sometimes they would even follow to bandsmembers with their cars and driving really close to them  Back then Wenge Maison Mere had not reached Wenge BCBG, but things would change a few months later when Force d'Intervention Rapide came into the market.

In Kinshasa, Aimelia's situation became worser, because JB Mpiana started to behave like he was a god compared to Wenge 4x4. Bandmembers started approach JB with more respect. But Aimelia wasn't doing that, behaving like he and JB Mpiana were collegues and at that same level which was making JB Mpiana mad. Tutu Kaludji, Alain Mpelea and Titina diffrently than Aimelia, which them earn alot of respect from JB and them becoming more closer, even more closer than Makaba and Blaise Bula. After Titanic, the succes really went into Aimelia's head. The situation that really created problems for way Aimelia  beated dancer Nono ba Diamants (JB's sidechick at that time) after disrespected him, just before the Zenith-show. From that moment JB Mpiana was't talking anymore to Aimelia. After the show they went immediatly to Canada and the thing that happened there was really the nail in the coffin. Bandmembers openly saying that they would get him out of Wenge BCBG, Titina at some point fighting with Aimelia, because for the way he disrespected "Souverain" JB. Aimelia wasn't feeling comfortable anymore in the band and after perforing in Toronto, The whole band went to Montreal with a bus. Aimelia prefered to go with a friend and took with him the dancers Miette Shegue and Patricia Bingetox. The guys made a huge car-accident and them almost dying. The incident even came on the Canadian television. Miette Shegue had some injuries and wasn't able to dance anymore. Patricia became paralysed and lost her babies (she was pregnant of a twin). JB Mpiana was so mad against Aimelia and blamed him for that car-accident.
JB Mpiana took the decision that Aimelia wouldn't sing in TH anymore. When they were going to the studio's for recordings, they wouldn't inform Aimelia Lias. Aimelia felt really embarrased, because he received alot of money from mabanga customers who wanted to hear their names being sung in TH. Aimelia wanted to return back to Kinshasa with Wenge BCBG, but he felt himself really humilated. Later on tensions reappeared into Wenge BCBG. This because Alain Mpela and Tutu Kaludji didn't wanted to return because of receiving peannuts from JB Mpiana while they performed at Olympia and Zenith. Staffmembers then claiming that it was Aimelia influencing them not to return, while it wasn't the case and even press-articles writing that both guys wouldn't return. It became to much for Aimelia and he decided to stay in Europe despite all gift and money he received. Tutu Kaludj and Alain Mpela on their side decided to return back after being clamed down by influential donors.

Mfumu Vata #14 on: April 24, 2022, 01:53

• View Profile

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't it also Monsieur Simon who lured Quentin and Durrell away from Extra Musica? Super Helico was handed by S.I.P.E. Production and like Pentagone – the clips came late lol

Did they ever catch the people who killed Sunda?

Monsieur Simon had nothing to do with Extra Musica's split. The Congolese press just spread those rumors since that Extra Musica was almost like Wenge Musica's twin. Quetin wanted to get Roga Roga out of Extra Musica but it didn't work. He only succeed to get Durrel Loemba who was on bad terms with his childhood friends Roga, Espe and Kila. Regis Touba who was that Abilissi took his place.

Wow so Super Helico had clips ? I thought that they had just one clip for the promotion like most albums released by SIPE Productions. Pentagone-clips came a little bit late, because it wasn't even planned that the album would have clips. It's because of Damien Dimonekene that they recorded and released clips. Damien wanting them to do so since that Koffi Olomidé was always releasing clips of all his songs he was recording in album. The same thing happened with Titanic, them releasing 1 year later. The crazy thing is that the clips were recorded before Zenith. It was also one of the reasons why it was easy for Werrason to beat them with Force d'Intervention Rapide. Force d'Intervention Rapide having clips and being aired on all tv-channels of Kinshasa, Titanic not having any clip and just being aired on the radios. Aimelia, Mpela and Kaludji having to do playback-shows on tv during interviews.