Author Topic: As a former El Paris fan it hurts of barely archives being there on youtube  (Read 1534 times)

Mfumu Vata on: October 14, 2022, 02:15

• View Profile
I will finally admit that next Koffi Olomidé, I used to be a former Wenge El Paris fan lol. As a former El Paris fan it hurts that there are barely archives of them on youtube and none of their prime. While old fans of BCBG and Maison Mere can always often enjoy their past with the many archives they have on youtube.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 02:21 by Mfumu Vata »

Bikoni #1 on: October 18, 2022, 08:48

• View Profile
Same, it is a shame that Wenge El Paris content is very rare on YouTube, specially around the early 2000s when they were very popular.

Mfumu Vata #2 on: October 18, 2022, 15:14

• View Profile
In the early 2000s they were on their decline. Fans moving to other bands, the Europe tour that went wrong, almost the whole band leaving Marie Paul, the conflict with Zacharie Bababaswe, K.O. Debout flopping, Claude Mussay being in jail, Somina suddenly stopping promoting Eboulement, etc.

Their prime was 1992-1994 and 1997-1999
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 15:28 by Mfumu Vata »

Bikoni #3 on: October 18, 2022, 21:12

• View Profile
You are right, that's why i'm missing video ya sortie ya Wenge el Paris na Kin pona Couvre-Feu so much  :'(

Mfumu Vata #4 on: October 19, 2022, 00:44

• View Profile
Me to.

I like the intro so much. The sebene played by Pitshou Santiago was fire with the cri's coming from Bizima and Patou. The choreography done by Doukoure, Bob Lorenzo, Charly Chaplin and Arc en Ciel fitted it perfectly.

Paysan Congolais #5 on: October 25, 2022, 11:04

• View Profile
Why former?

Marie Paul's staff was really  inept. How such a big concert can lack image? Crazy.

Longbluesquid #6 on: October 25, 2022, 14:22

• View Profile
We need to get these guys to add their classics to streaming services. A lot of their music is missing and becomes foreign to many people if they are trying to get into Congolese music.

archos #7 on: October 25, 2022, 18:53

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
Guys dont forget the fact a part from their time of rise el paris has been quite "unpopular" with influent people  who sided more or reconciled with 4X4 then later the maison mere bcbg rivalry,tonya tonya does not have a lot lot lot of archives of their start until 25 minutes where things started seriously changeing for the group
 there must be loads of archive stuck there at RTNC antenne a and co but which were hidden on order,same for the dvd's,you could not be a regular dvd producer of nsone then produce a lot of elparis content,not nsone himself but his staff would threaten you thinking they are being loyal to him while surely himself nsone did not care

Mfumu Vata #8 on: October 25, 2022, 22:14

• View Profile
Why former?

Marie Paul's staff was really  inept. How such a big concert can lack image? Crazy.

I was already a fan of Koffi Olomide because of him being from Lemba. But I used to like Wenge El Paris alot.

I was a little bit disappointed for the way the band wasn't going forward  and never coming in Europe despite the crazy succes they had in Kinshasa. This made me move to Wenge Maison Mère after seeing that videotape of Werrason at Palais du Peuple. Then also those interviews where Marie Paul disrespected Koffi Olomide and Emeneya in I think Vita-Imana made me totally turn my back against him.

There's a cassette of this concert, but it isn't on youtube. It was back in the first hal of 2000 the most sold cassette in Europe along with JB Mpiana's concert at Stade des Martyrs until Koffi's Bercy came into the market. However I don't understand why it isn't on youtube, because not all El Paris' fans or musiclovers who bought the cassette became brother in christ.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 22:21 by Mfumu Vata »

Mfumu Vata #9 on: October 25, 2022, 22:34

• View Profile
Guys dont forget the fact a part from their time of rise el paris has been quite "unpopular" with influent people  who sided more or reconciled with 4X4 then later the maison mere bcbg rivalry,tonya tonya does not have a lot lot lot of archives of their start until 25 minutes where things started seriously changeing for the group
 there must be loads of archive stuck there at RTNC antenne a and co but which were hidden on order,same for the dvd's,you could not be a regular dvd producer of nsone then produce a lot of elparis content,not nsone himself but his staff would threaten you thinking they are being loyal to him while surely himself nsone did not care

Not only Wenge 4x4, some of their influent people went to Quartier Latin and Viva La Musica when Wenge El Paris got stuck in Kinshasa. From then they didn't had someone who could do their promotion in Europe, which made people there being deisconnected from El Paris while in Kinshasa it was like they founded a religion through their fans although things weren't going well.

Marie Paul once said that when he arrived in Europe, not understood why his famous concert at Palais du Peuple when coming back from East Africa-tour wasn't on the market while he sold the images through RTNC. The producer explaining that the image RTNC gave them didn't had any sound. Marie Paul then understanding that they did it because of jealousy from the two Wenge's.

But despite all those problems there were still some cassettes of concerts performed in 1998 and 1999 that appeared on the market in Europe, like the one of Cinemax '98, that of Stade Tata Raphael '99 and a public concert I don't if it was FIKIN or Fespam. However, no one of them is on youtube.