Author Topic: Eclipse started with Djouna?!  (Read 625 times)

Wenge1995 on: April 03, 2023, 04:51

• View Profile
I just realized he had brief moment of animation on this song from 3:14

Did Djouna record the album with a band or guest musicians?

archos #1 on: April 03, 2023, 12:14

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
Yes he started with djuna,djuna had a band but recorded also with guests in europe

Wenge1995 #2 on: April 03, 2023, 14:26

• View Profile
Yes he started with djuna,djuna had a band but recorded also with guests in europe

The album was a success, I'm surprised Djouna didn't continue making albums. He had his group in 1999 that had a young Jitrios, but that went nowhere. Was he like Blaise Bula, where they aren't serious about being a leader in music?

Mfumu Vata #3 on: April 03, 2023, 17:31

• View Profile
its actually the same group that he recruited in 1999 that backed him for this. most remained loyal to him when he abandoned the band in 2000 to return 3 years later to record the album.

djuna once said that pepe kalle's death and the way bandleaders tried to block his career when forming his own band after leaving lofombo, made him having a disgust for music and move to europe. for years he's using the car-accident that almost killed him 2011 as excuse for not realizing any music project. but i guess that's the lack of financial support and probably falling out with his former mananger. since 2006/07 its really hard for Congolese artists to get a have a proper recordlabel and most artists, even known bandleaders doing most stuff on their own. or maybe  "makambo ya moto" in search to be back in the race but the stuff firing back. we will never know.

although not releasing any album for years in the period of 2004 to 2009 due to some contacts with people of the former soukous-world, he managed to go to suriname a country in south america. he also went to guinee equatoriale, benin, zambia and zimbabwe. he also went to angola several times where his parents got their roots.

Manzambi94 #4 on: April 03, 2023, 20:55

• View Profile
its actually the same group that he recruited in 1999 that backed him for this. most remained loyal to him when he abandoned the band in 2000 to return 3 years later to record the album.

djuna once said that pepe kalle's death and the way bandleaders tried to block his career when forming his own band after leaving lofombo, made him having a disgust for music and move to europe. for years he's using the car-accident that almost killed him 2011 as excuse for not realizing any music project. but i guess that's the lack of financial support and probably falling out with his former mananger. since 2006/07 its really hard for Congolese artists to get a have a proper recordlabel and most artists, even known bandleaders doing most stuff on their own. or maybe  "makambo ya moto" in search to be back in the race but the stuff firing back. we will never know.

although not releasing any album for years in the period of 2004 to 2009 due to some contacts with people of the former soukous-world, he managed to go to suriname a country in south america. he also went to guinee equatoriale, benin, zambia and zimbabwe. he also went to angola several times where his parents got their roots.

NGL That Album was so good one of my favourites andnit is sad that leaders blocked his music because Djouna could have been what Werra or JB is now he had the Charisme the voice the dances everything. Also the way he always honorem Angola with that album with  songs like Onze Onze or the Kintueni transition in Mihona

Manzambi94 #5 on: April 03, 2023, 20:56

• View Profile
I just realized he had brief moment of animation on this song from 3:14

Did Djouna record the album with a band or guest musicians?

Broooo I thought it was Nyboma animating wowwwww you have a nice ear, how could you understood he was Eclipse  man it is so different then how he animate with Wazekwa, man