Author Topic: ARCHIVE PAPA WEMBA VIVA LA MUSICA NOUVELLE ECRITA BATACLAN 2002  (Read 734 times)

archos on: September 16, 2023, 18:11

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

Mfumu Vata #1 on: September 16, 2023, 19:06

• View Profile
I dont know why but VHS versions of concerts always give a special vibe when watching it for the first time compared to DVD versions or maybe its because im from the era of cassettes.

I'm sure that Omba Nsimba "Petit Bokoul's" career and that of Djodjo Bayinge would have been different if they were with Nouvelle Ecriture instead of Viva la Musica "Cours des Grands". It was in this year that Wemba decided to disband Cour des Grands right ? Only to let it return when getting released from jail and creating on the same time Viva Tendance.

There's no artists that was celebrating the creation of his band that much like Papa Wemba. I thought that he started doing it since 1983. But through liboké I discovered that he already started doing it in 1979. I think that the event have been even more special if late King Kester Emeneya decided to come. But after Longue Histoire he totally changed his attitude towards Papa Wemba and his staff not making it better. I don't understand why no concert-promoter thought during this tour about a fara-fara concert of Nouvelle Ecriture against Victoria Eleison on the same stage. That would have created alot of buzz like those confrontations in the 1980s and early 1990s.

Rest in Peace Deo Sfr, Djodjo Bayinge, Alpatchino, Maguy, Bipoli & Fafa de Molokai.
So sad how cancer killed Bipoli (RIP) and Covid-19 killing Fafa de Molokai (RIP). Imagine how it would have been if both guys did a liboké-video with Mbuta Likasu. You can see that Fafa de Molokai had still alot love for Papa Wemba and Viva la Musica, when singing with him, altough everything he was saying when being in Nouvelle Generation from 46:15 min
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 19:14 by Mfumu Vata »

Mfumu Vata #2 on: September 16, 2023, 19:37

• View Profile
How big was the contribution of "Le Gouvernement Jet Set" in Papa Wemba career ? from 1:40:00 min

Did Eric Kenzo already passed away at that time ?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 19:15 by Mfumu Vata »

Drumstar98 #3 on: September 16, 2023, 21:16

• View Profile
Deo's drumming was always sounding clean and the toms and snare were tuned perfectly the way he hits the cymbals sounds gentle.

archos #4 on: September 16, 2023, 22:03

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
I was about to comment on deo aswell,his sound was always on point,i dont think we'll ever get such a clean martyrs from a drummer again man played martyrs like its double bercy

Drumstar98 #5 on: September 17, 2023, 08:28

• View Profile
I agree, I just realised Igwejunior1030 channel has disappeared again.

Mfumu Vata #6 on: September 17, 2023, 09:08

• View Profile
Nooooooooo. They messed my day up. I was about to watch Academia's Nzungu Ekotoko and Face a Face.

Was this because of putting rare videos of Ngadiadia Ngadios on youtube ? I don't understand those accounts sending strikes to him. Where are they waiting for to put those videos on their own account ? I remember the first time when his account closed because of Papy Tex. But the same Papy Tex not being able to put the original videos on his channels and just using the images of Igwejunior1030 who were in black and white.

CM PRINCE #7 on: September 17, 2023, 16:52

• View Profile
I agree, I just realised Igwejunior1030 channel has disappeared again.
Ahhhh not again

Mfumu Vata #8 on: September 17, 2023, 19:27

• View Profile
I wonder if Igwejunior1030 will come back. Because such things can be demotivate someone. Look at Ina Congo he had the biggest youtube-channel with Congolese Archives. Starting to put videos since I think 2013 with the videos of Charles Mombaya and Koffi Olomide in Abidjan 1995 and from 2015 with Wenge BCBG's concert at Bataclan in 1998, coming at least every month with some videos. He already knew that he was risking to see his channel getting closed, after seeing many videos getting deleted from his channel or sometimes old producers threaten him in the comments to remove the video, but the video itself never coming back on youtube or on a new channel when being refused. Because of that he made Ina Congo II and when his channel got closed this year, he started using his second account and trying to re-upload the videos of his closed channel in better quality. But after a few months he stopped. I think that he's not motivated anymore and still getting warnings.

The thing they can do is making like 4 or 5 and posting the same videos on all these but on a locked mode and when one channel get closed, just wait for a few weeks and then unlock the videos that were already uploaded on the other channels.

Its all is really sad. Even RTNC and Congolese tv-channels itself doesn't have these archives and them always using videos coming from INA Congo, Igwejunior1030, Emiliodj, Seben Total, Bikoni243 and Musique Zairoise. What does these producers want ? I don't think that the owners of these youtube-channels get money from the videos, because the views of these videos being to low for it. If they aren't happy that they upload these videos, why don't why do it by themselves ? Alot of people are looking for these archives, even artists themselves since that they have these videos in possession. Also all these cassettes aren't sold anymore. Really sad.

Sydo #9 on: September 26, 2023, 08:42

• View Profile
    • YouTube
I think it’s JPS’ son who deleted Igwejunior1030’s channel. He relaunched his father’s label since early 2022.
Formerly Musiquezairoise

Drumstar98 #10 on: September 26, 2023, 09:52

• View Profile
Is it the same son, who removed the albums from streaming platforms and upload them as low quality?

Sydo #11 on: September 27, 2023, 08:38

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Yes. It is very embarrassing that a great label like JPS went from big distribution companies to DistroKid.
Formerly Musiquezairoise

Mfumu Vata #12 on: September 27, 2023, 09:07

• View Profile
Last month I was listening to Madilu's Pouvoir-album and it was weird to hear those VHS-sounds for 2 second in intro in a few songs.